“Restaurants in general in Gumusluk” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
kent
“Restaurants in general in Gumusluk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have just returned from Gumusluk - I am not fingering Leleg but most of the restaurants on the bay - I would say 'buyer beware' - a 2 course light lunch for 2 people costs £80 to include a bottle of wine - I asked numerous times for the price of the fish before it was cooked and quite suddenly nobody spoke english. These tactics or something similar happened twice so we never ate in Gumuslak again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
New York
“Beautiful View & Fresh Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Just back from our summer trip to Bodrum. We loved this restaurant. The fish was incredibly fresh. The olive oil dishes tasty and various. The decor and the view were both lovely. And the owners incredibly friendly and the service outstanding. I do not think my water glass ever even hit the half way point. I'm happy to recommend this place and will certainly be going back the next time I am in Turkey.

Btw, this, as well as most other Turkish Restaurants, is no place to order a pasta. That's a bit like going to a chinese restaurant and ordering sushi. Sure they might have a roll or two on their menu, but you know that it is not going to be their forte. Stick to the Fish and the sides cooked wih olive oil and you cannot go wrong.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful location, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This is just the most amazing setting, right by the sea and really beautiful. As soon as you start walking about all of the restaurants try to corner you to go to their place. We picked Leleg because the owner was really friendly - we probably should have done some more research. They bring you over the day's catch in a dish to look at and choose from which is great because you can see how fresh the fish is - which you'd expect being so close to the sea! But it came out, literally just the fish on a plate, nothing else which was a bit lonely. It was perfectly cooked but a little boring! I ordered some pasta which came out as a plate of pasta with some walnuts on top, no sauce at all. That was really disappointing and not at all tasty! All in all it was a bit of a let down really, for such an amazing setting you really want something better than average...