As a Hilton Diamond member, I usually try to stay in HH hotels and choose this hotel for my one night stay in Milan. However, I wasn't really impressed by this hotel and probably won't stay here again.
Even though this is an Airport hotel, it is a good 20-25 minutes away from the airport. Also the shuttle service is horrendous. For one, they don't have an on-call system at the airport and you have to use your phone to call the hotel to request a shuttle. Luckily I had my cell and even though I had to pay to use my phone in Italy, I could at least call to request a shuttle. However, for people arriving to Milan without a cell phone/service, this could really be an issue. Also, the shuttle bus doesn't make rounds like other airports and I was waiting for 45 mins before the shuttle came by to pick me up. Totally unacceptable. Another issue was that the shuttle van has no steps to climb in and it's quite high up where I saw old people having a hard time getting in. The shuttle van drops you back to the airport as well, but it's only every hour and one has to reserve a spot as it fills up quick. For early morning flights, this could be an issue.
The room was clean but fairly basic with no view. I didn't have breakfast as I had a very early morning flight, but the hotel did pack me a croissant, cookies, banana, juice and water. Service was decent and the shuttle drivers were really friendly and professional. I did have an issue where the shuttle going back to the airport didn't arrive at the time I had reserved, but the hotel manager was nice enough to get me a private taxi on their expense to drop me at the airport. WiFi was adequate but not fast enough.
You can easily access the city and all the sights in Milan by taking the train from the airport to the city. Buy a R/T ticket for around 18 euros.
Tip: To find the shuttle pickup/drop off area, follow signs to the Sheraton hotel (which is at the airport)...the shuttle picks you up directly in front of the sheraton hotel.
Also, if you don't have a phone on you or don't want to waste money calling an international number, you can always go to the Sheraton hotel front desk and request them to call Hilton for their shuttle. I will most likely just end up staying at Sheraton next time as their location inside the airport is really convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, thanks to its location near the Airport and the business and leisure attractions, is the best solution for a comfortable and pleasant stay. Many free facilities are at Guest disposal, such as the 24/7 Shuttle from/to the Airport, Internet Connection, Business Center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Somma Lombardo
- Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa Italy/Somma Lombardo