“Good choice for transit passengers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of First Hotel Malpensa

You added First Hotel Malpensa to your Saves list
First Hotel Malpensa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Baracca 34 | Case Nuove, 21019 Somma Lombardo, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taipei
“Good choice for transit passengers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

The hotel over all is a nice and clean hotel. However, if drainage system in the shower could be more unobstructed would make it perfect.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

Stayed at hotel overnight for an early departure. Staff were excellent at check in and with shuttle service. Hotel is modern, super clean and has everything for a short stay. Hotel is located by itself amongst some B&B's and private houses. The restaurant next door appeared to be out of business. There is no alternate dining within walking distance. This is only an airport stay hotel. Restaurant and breakfast bar is in the basement with no atmosphere and a basic menu. Restaurant appeared to me to be sub contracted out with service and staff less professional than the hotel staff. The agressive "boss" appeared to be having temper tantrums with all the staff, not a pleasant dining experience. Meals were overpriced by Italian standards and lacked authenticity. Four drinks from the bar were nearly half our accomodation cost. Apart from eating and drinking hotel is good value by European costs.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Burlington IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

Keep your bookings under 100 and I will stay. Unfortunately all the booking companies try to get over 150 for you so they are not helping. By going to your site saves me money. The restaurant needs some help. Manager is cold and a know it all. Staff try hard but just not there yet. Menu is limited, but food quality is poor at best. Put your signature on each dish!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We needed to stay near the airport and booked this hotel because it sounded like it would have a little more charm than the average airport chain hotel. It was perfect in that respect. Rooms are updated & modern. Located very close to the airport. Can't answer for restaurant/bar because we didn't use those services. We arrived at midday & took the train to Milan for the remainder of the day. I booked the "no frills" rate advertising no breakfast included because it was 20 euros less. Unfortunately, unless you click to another window on the website, you don't know that this also does not include airport shuttle. Since we needed the shuttle to get to the hotel, get to the train to Milan and back to the hotel, and then back to the airport the next day, I would never have booked the rate had I known. The staff comped a few transfers and the rate ended up at the next higher level, but it is apparent that this happens to them all the time, since the employee showed me a printout of the page immediately upon check-in when I questioned him. Seems like it would create far less stressful situation for employee and guest if they would make a simple change to the booking form.

• Stayed May 2009
Hunt Valley, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

My husband, 9 month old daughter and I stayed the the First hotel the night before our return flight from Malpensa Airport. We had taken the train from Venice and the bus to the airport and planned to pick up the hotel shuttle. It was pouring and my daughter had fallen asleep on the bus ride. The shuttle picked us up a few minutes after we called and we were at the hotel shortly afterward. We went to the front desk, gave them our printed confirmation and before we knew it, we were in our room and the shuttle bus driver was bringing our luggage and a crib up to the room. Amazing. The staff was very nice, the room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was Italian. The only semi negative was the $11 euro hot tea and rum and coke. But the bar tender offered to carry it up to the room for me. I'd definitely stay here again if I fly through Malpensa.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Hammonton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

I had to catch a morning flight back to the USA from Malpensa Airport, so I booked this hotel for an overnight stay. The personnel spoke fluent English. I booked in advance on line and got a price of a total of 90 euros for a double size bed, nice size room, large bathroom, flat screen TV...everything was very nice and clean, although not much in the way of warmth of decoration. Had a nice dinner (in a very sterile looking dining area, talk about not warm!) and breakfast in the same place the next morning. Very attentive wait staff. A plus was I booked the shuttle bus to the airport for 8:00 a.m. the next morning (do that when you check in). For once I didn't have to pay and arm and a leg for a taxi!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

When you travel as much as I do it is important to find hotels that are not only convenient and nicely appointed but it very important that the staff is courteous and efficient. First Hotel has never let me down. I'm glad that I stumbled up this gem.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to First Hotel Malpensa? Share your experiences!