Malpensa is 30 miles from Milan, so you would stay here only to be close to the airport.
Like so many other reviewers, we had issues with the shuttle: over the phone, we got two different versions of an explanation of how to get from terminal to hotel. The one that worked was to take the airport bus which travels between terminals 1 and 2, and tell the driver we wanted to go to this hotel. He dropped us at a point on the airport perimeter road which, in the dark, seemed like an empty field in the middle of nowhere: no street lights, no sidewalks, and if we had not spied the lighted hotel sign above the trees in the distance, we would have had no idea where to go. Leaving the next morning, we took the hotel shuttle, which turned out to be a giant intercity bus labelled "Air Pullman", with no "Holiday Inn" markings that we could see; it was comfy, quick, and easy.
The desk told us the nearest 2 restaurants were about seven minutes away by foot. We elected not to attempt that in the dark, but fortunately the hotel bar offers a few simple choices: microwaved pizza, a fresh and interesting salad with tuna, etc. I thought the free breakfast buffet was very good: scrambled or boiled eggs, prosciutto, several kinds of fine-bakery-quality pastry, cereal, coffee, tea, fruit.
Offering only one hour of free wi-fi seems stingy, but there are two PCs and a printer in the lobby for use by guests. They weren't in great shape--the IE browser kept crashing as if some buggy add-ons had been installed, and at one point we had to get a new access code from the desk to make the PC stay connected to the Internet--but good enough to check flight status and print boarding passes.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Italy/Somma Lombardo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.