“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Somma Lombardo
Tallinn, Estonia
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

It was very nice hotel in a beautiful area and had a wonderful stay there. Rooms are nice and clean, bathroom is spacious with all the amenities you need. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Also there was free wifi and it was working well. Breakfast was good with a lot of choice. They have free bicycles which I used to see beautiful surroundings there. Location was just perfect only 10 minutes from the airport, because I had a very early flight. Would definately go back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
gillestoffoletto, Direttore at Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Madame,
on behalf of my staff and myself I would like to thank you for your positive comment, we are looking forward to seeing you soon to the Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa

kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

the room was quiet and nice.Free computer in the lobby.good restaurant with a not elaborated but nice menu at affortable price.good free navette to the airport.The price was very good for a $ stars hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
gillestoffoletto, Direttore at Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear grandees,
thank you for your recent visit I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa,
from the part of my staff and myself we look forward to seeing you again in Somma Lombardo, maybe next time you could try our newly launched Club rooms!

best regards
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

BA had to put a flight up for the night and we stayed on this property. What was amazing to me was that the staff was incredibly friendly to us checking in at midnight. Everyone was in a bad mood and they were very professional. The room was standard and the bathroom quite spacious. It was very clean. Breakfast was reasonable...I would rate it high simply because I was famished after receiving no food for nearly 12 hours. If you have to do an overnight near the airport, it's not a bad choice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear stonewithnomoss,
thank you for your positive comment on tripadvisor, on behalf of the Staff and myself I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and wish to see you to discover the beauties of Somma Lombardo and the lakes in a better occasion!

Best regards
Falkirk, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked this hotel as I was arriving quite late into the airport and this accomodation had an airport shuttle. This was the main reason I booked it as I was travelling alone. I was not collected !!!! I had sent an email in advance with my flight times but did not receive a reply. I arrived into the airport expecting the Mini bus or driver to be there, after 2hrs of asking and being directed onto different buses and other terminal I got a taxi. I was first quoted 90e then 45 by the next then 25 by the next, which I took. I was very upset and tired when I reached the hotel and explained my situation and stated that I was very unhappy and out of pocket!!! I was told that they were not sure if it was am or pm and that I should have called them. I mentioned the taxi fare and was told that the hotel would have charged me 15e anyway as it was after 11. I was given a courtesy drink and told that they were glad I had arrived. The room was clean, breakfast basic but was a rotten start to my first adventure, travelling alone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear KaFord,
on behalf of the hotel and myself I would express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced I have pointed out to my staff what happened I am sure next you will visit us, you will find some improvements!

good luck with your trip!
Judique
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel was clean, comfortable and spacious, and the price was good. The thermostat did not work, but the room temperature was satisfactory. The shuttle was slow coming to the airport to pick us up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. We had an early flight from Malpensa and I chose it as good option.

They have a free shuttle from and to airport. I recommend you to get their phone number some days before to avoid spending money with cab driver or private shuttle.
In my case the phone number was wrong in the voucher and I requested help at Malpensa airport at Information Center counter to get the right phone number and again she gave wrong number. My idea as to request the free shuttle and save some money. The day I landed in Milan the cab drivers were on strike so I had no option then I rented a car for just one day. By the way the best price at Enterprise rent a car.

The room was ok and clean. The bathroom in my opnion was ok also but it should some little care. Such as the trash of bathroom as broken. Some people complain about the noise coming from the rail track. It didn´t bothered me.

Breakfast was good as expected.

The wifi signal was weak and poor. Even in the looby was poor.

I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it for everyone.

Cheers from Brazil.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is good for a night, my wife and I stayed at this place the night before our flight from Milano Malpensa, the hotel is good located, clean, just ok for what we needed. Breakfast was good and included in the price, wifi was also ok. The only issue we had is that when we booked through hotels.com there was no place to request the shuttle, so we arrived at 10pm to the ariport from Krakow and I called the hotel, they told me the shuttle service should have been reserved with at least 2 hours of anticipation so in order to send the shuttle they charged me 15 euros, this is something I really didnt like but I didnt have other option, I think hotels.com should give more details about the shuttle and include an option to request it when we do the reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa? Share your experiences!