“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Somma Lombardo
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked this hotel as I was arriving quite late into the airport and this accomodation had an airport shuttle. This was the main reason I booked it as I was travelling alone. I was not collected !!!! I had sent an email in advance with my flight times but did not receive a reply. I arrived into the airport expecting the Mini bus or driver to be there, after 2hrs of asking and being directed onto different buses and other terminal I got a taxi. I was first quoted 90e then 45 by the next then 25 by the next, which I took. I was very upset and tired when I reached the hotel and explained my situation and stated that I was very unhappy and out of pocket!!! I was told that they were not sure if it was am or pm and that I should have called them. I mentioned the taxi fare and was told that the hotel would have charged me 15e anyway as it was after 11. I was given a courtesy drink and told that they were glad I had arrived. The room was clean, breakfast basic but was a rotten start to my first adventure, travelling alone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Judique
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was clean, comfortable and spacious, and the price was good. The thermostat did not work, but the room temperature was satisfactory. The shuttle was slow coming to the airport to pick us up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. We had an early flight from Malpensa and I chose it as good option.

They have a free shuttle from and to airport. I recommend you to get their phone number some days before to avoid spending money with cab driver or private shuttle.
In my case the phone number was wrong in the voucher and I requested help at Malpensa airport at Information Center counter to get the right phone number and again she gave wrong number. My idea as to request the free shuttle and save some money. The day I landed in Milan the cab drivers were on strike so I had no option then I rented a car for just one day. By the way the best price at Enterprise rent a car.

The room was ok and clean. The bathroom in my opnion was ok also but it should some little care. Such as the trash of bathroom as broken. Some people complain about the noise coming from the rail track. It didn´t bothered me.

Breakfast was good as expected.

The wifi signal was weak and poor. Even in the looby was poor.

I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it for everyone.

Cheers from Brazil.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is good for a night, my wife and I stayed at this place the night before our flight from Milano Malpensa, the hotel is good located, clean, just ok for what we needed. Breakfast was good and included in the price, wifi was also ok. The only issue we had is that when we booked through hotels.com there was no place to request the shuttle, so we arrived at 10pm to the ariport from Krakow and I called the hotel, they told me the shuttle service should have been reserved with at least 2 hours of anticipation so in order to send the shuttle they charged me 15 euros, this is something I really didnt like but I didnt have other option, I think hotels.com should give more details about the shuttle and include an option to request it when we do the reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel is beautiful from outside with spacious rooms and free parking.
As far as I can remember there isn't any restaurant near it, you'll need to drive about 3 miles to find some restaurants.
The staff at the reception were not the friendliest, but not the worst I've seen either.
Overall a reasonable hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Room was clean and big enough. You can see that bathroom is not new, but it is clean and big.
Hotel was quiet, bed was comfortable. We slept well.
It is close to Malpensa airport.
And price was really good for service we got.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

It's a clean, well kept hotel with some friendly staff, however anything that's written on your website you might as well ignore because it's not updated as one of the receptionists told us.

We stopped for night for a connecting flight in Milan and read on the website that the shuttle is free from 6-10 but when we tried to arrange a shuttle for our connection in the morning told that it was €10. We told them about there website and they said it wasn't updated and she told the manager it needs updating, however we still had to pay.

We tried to see the manager about their website however he wouldn't come down to see us at all! He was "always busy", the breakfast was basic and the dinning room staff were rude, the wifi was ok and worked unlike most places.

On the whole if your connecting it's ok for a night but I would recommend trying to find somewhere else to stay due to poor management and awful website.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Hotel Milano Malpensa? Share your experiences!