“No Reservation, New Waitress, 25 orders Behind” 4 of 5 stars

(250) 766-0090
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Southwestern, Greek
Kelowna BC Canada
“No Reservation, New Waitress, 25 orders Behind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We arrived at a bad time, right after a large party of 25 had ordered and we did not have a reservation The young waitress was obviously new, Could have been bad. But they did what they said and had us fed and out in under an hour, The house merlot was very good . So was the calamari and mousaka, Our friends who had the greek ribs were not so happy. All in all a good experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
BC, Canada
“New owners doing a great job!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wavered a bit on giving this a 4 or 5 and ended up with a 4 so the new owners keep improving things. They seem to have a great attitude and we had a really nice meal. We have been coming to this location for about 30 years, through the previous reincarnations of French, African, and Greek. The quality went downhill in recent years and there were concerns over cleanliness.
I no longer have those concerns and they have done a good initial clearing out of the dining area. It is recommended and we hope to see continued improvement.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Greek House is very hit and miss on service. I dined there on Saturday and the service was deplorable and dint appear to be understaffed by any means. Drinks took 30 minutes to arrive, appies took 52 minutes and the entrees took 1:20 to get there. This was after asking the waitress what has happened to our orders. They did give us a free drink however i would have much rather had good service. Food was fairly decent but luke warm at best. Could be because it took so long to get there...... I have dined there many times in the past however I don't think that will be happening any more.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheryl W, Owner at Greek House Restaurant, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am very sorry to read about your recent experience at The Greek House. There is no excuse for the wait that you had to endure. We take pride in trying to make sure every guest a great dining experience and it upsets us to know that you didn't. Unfortunately we have had some nights in which we have been very understaffed especially in the kitchen and are making every effort to fix the problem. Please email me so I can look into this issue further. cherylynn26@hotmail.com
Amherst, Canada
“Chris' platter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been here many, many times.

The decor is dated and it is in the first floor of an older house that they have added on to over the years. But, it has a fun, laid back atmosphere.

The servers have always been excellent and friendly - I have never once had to ask for a refill on my water glass - it is always topped up regularly.

I always order Chris' platter it was recommended by a colleague many years ago and while I always like to try new things nothing else sounds as good. The platter is for two but could feed three (possibly even four) as my husband and I always have left overs.

I have been with the family, as a couple and with friends and this place has been consistently good - I have never had a bad experience - although if you are looking for something fancy you may want to pick a different restaurant.

Great for a relaxed, reasonably priced good meal. Summer week-ends may need a reservation. My favourite place to go in the Okanagan.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pemberton, Canada
“true greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Best greek food our family has ever had. I am a seafood fan and the shrimp wraped scallops were to die for. The calamari was amazing. Rice is delicious, potoatos also. The atmosphere is true greek and the staff are fabulous and lovely. Have eaten dinner here every night of our stay and will eat here everytime we come here to visit, which will be often

• Visited July 2013