“Don't go there (basically you can't)” 1 of 5 stars

Ibis Charleroi Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chaussee de Charleroi 590, Fleurus 6220, Belgium   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fleurus
Milano
“Don't go there (basically you can't)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I've been left 70 minutes in front of the airport, exposed to the cold wind of november, waiting for a shuttle that never came.
I've called the reception many times, they always promised but with no result (only words).
In the end I went to another hotel, late and tired.
So don't go there! The more so as it not so easy...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was very dubious of staying here because I was unfamiliar with the location and have read some bad reviews. However I am pleased i booked it as we had a very pleasant stay. The Staff couldnt have been more helpful. The rooms were small but Clean and Comfy. I did not hear any noise of air traffic throughout the night. For British travellers they have BBC1 & 2. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport from the hotel., However there wasn't one on Sunday from the Airport to the hotel. We got a taxi from Charleroi airport to the Ibis which took 5 minutes and was 12.50 Euro. I would highly recommend this hotel for a 1 night stay for commuters to stop over near the Airport.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have already stayed twice in this hotel, each time for two nights. It's not a place where you would spend holidays, but stay for practical reasons (business, air travel, etc.) and this Ibis would be a good choice. The rooms aren't big but are well furnished, modern and clean; the shower in particular is very nice but towels could be of a better quality. There's free wi-fi internet access in the rooms.
I would advise to try and choose a room on the rear, overlooking the parking as they are probably quieter than those on the road side as it is a very busy main road leading to the freeway. They have special discounted rates over the week end and if you book on Ibis website in advance you can even get another discounted rate. At 50 euros, I consider that this is quite a good bargain. Breakfast is a bit expensive (13 euros) but it's possible to have a (good) coffee and a croissant for 3 euros only.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked 2 rooms, one for a disabled person with a specific request for a wheel-in, walk-in shower to enable the disabled (paralysed all one side) member of our family party to be able to use the toilet and shower with assistance.
When we arrived and unloaded after a long tiring drive, we were advised that the room did not have this facility and was thus made our stay impossible.
We were directed to the cheaper stop-over sister hotel Etap at the airport. This had the perfect disabled facility but was typically austere with no restaurant or bar, which had been anticipated after a long day travelling.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Charleroi Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Charleroi Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

However, following your comments and your handicap, my staff has tried to find a quick solution to a different hotel. It is cheaper but more responsive to your wishes.

Degives Véronique
Manager
Norrkoping, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Small hotell with nice surroundings. VERY good breakfast, and even though we ate an early breakfast it was really good!

The staff in this hotell really need an education how to be service-minded. Very snotty staff thats why I can't recommend this hotell even if the hotell overall had good potential!

Quite near to the Charleroi airport, approx. 8min with Taxi.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
degives_veronique, Directeur général at Ibis Charleroi Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at Ibis Charleroi Airport.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.

For this reason I would like more details about our lack of service. Could you answer me on my mail: degives.veronique @ skynet.be?

We hope that, following our improvements, we may count you among the guests of Ibis hotels, despite your unsatisfactory experience.

Once again, we thank you and hope to win back your trust.

Degives Véronique
Manager

Been to Ibis Charleroi Airport? Share your experiences!