Our first visit to Club Med. Very good - would go back. I couldn't find directions very easily so if you want its location I think its N 45o 40' 37 W 1o 9' 48 (not sure why Club Med don't include this). You have to pay for internet too (strangely) but apart from that everything is included.
Main thing to know is its very French and non French speakers do get left out frequently. If that annoys you I'd go somewhere else but I found it amusing (eg I was refused a ping pong ball but 2 minutes later a French speaker was allowed one!). Its also not as safe as you might expect - we met someone who had their mobile stolen.
But food good and lots of activities included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a unique 26 hectare site in Charente-Maritime, a paradise for nature and water sports enthusiasts. This Club Med Village of bungalows was inspired by oystermens' cabins with decor selected to blend seamlessly with its natural setting, achieved with an interplay of lively colours and natural materials. Located in a revitalizing conservation environment featuring 30 km of beaches, 65 km of cycle tracks and 8000 hectares of forest, this is the ideal place to come. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Palmyre Atlantique Hotel La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- Club Med La Palmyre-Les Mathes
- La Palmyre-Les Mathes Club Med
- La Palmyre Atlantique Club Med