“A lucky find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 St. Asaph B&B and Inns
Lefkada, Greece
“A lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Found this when on line looking for something else, but what a lucky find. Warm and friendly. Excellent facilities, the room was very comfortable and nothing was missing from the tea and coffee to the toiletries in the bathroom. The attention to detail was perfect. We will be back...

Room Tip: we had a twin room, the snowdrop, and it was delightful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Absolute Gem, Fantastic rooms, Amazing Breakfast - You have to try the Black pudding !

Absolute please to stay here, They could not have been more helpfull. I was upgraded to the Poppy Suite - Wow. So comfortable and relaxing.

Location for me was perfect - Although you need to bear in mind there are no pubs or restaurants on the door step - you will need to drive.

I will most certainly be staying here again when next in the area.

Thankl u for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - If you can go for a Suite - You will not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dufftown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night with our senior aunt. We specifically chose here as it had ground floor accommodation and we were not disappointed. We were warmly welcomed by our hosts and shown to our luxurious rooms. Usually at this point a list of do's and don'ts are issued. None of that. We were informed of all the amenities and local points of interest and told to make ourselves at home. This we did with some relish. We ate with friends that night and rose refreshed next morning to a fabulous breakfast. The choice was amazing and I finally plumped for the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. My wife and Aunt had a smaller version of the traditional fry - up. In both cases the quality was incredible and I cannot say enough about the whole experience. I am in the catering trade myself and my Mother has run a B&B since 1974 so I feel qualified to comment. My comment is - perfect. We will not hesitat to recommend this little slice of paradise to our friends and customers and we WILL return. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Morpeth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I chose to stay here be.cause it was convenient for my work and turned out to be a real gem. The room was nicer than a 5* hotel and the service friendly, welcoming and attentive. It also has free wifi and is quiet and surrounded by beautiful countryside.

The breakfast food is delicious with a wide choice of options for all tastes. I had an upstairs room which was a suite with its own sitting room, very luxurious. Bathroom was modern and spacious with plenty of hot water and toiletries. I fluffy bathrobe was provided as well as a tea/coffee tray and fresh milk and biscuits. I was spoilt.

If driving there you need to follow their directions as it wasn't easy to see the entrance (especially in the dark).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sittingbourne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here mid week on a work trip. I had been on the road since 4AM and at 2PM I turned up at Tan Yr Onnen not realising the check in time was 4PM. No matter I was welcomed in and shown to my room which was probably one of the nicest I have stayed in be it a 5 Star hotel at home or abroad. Spotlessly clean and decor that was bright and modern.
The hosts are first class and the breakfast was just superb, I have never seen attention to detail like it before, 6 or 7 types of tea, 5 fruit juices, preserves, marmite, vegemite, home baked bread.
The best black pudding outside of Manchester (optional of course).
I will stay here everytime I have to work in North Wales.
My only tiny gripe was my internet on my computer wouldnt work so I couldnt do those pesky emails, after thinking I had resolved it I just got on with relaxing in this perfect little guest house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Tan-yr-Onnen really does set the standard for bed and breakfast accommodation.  We stayed in the Poppy suite which, in addition to the beautifully appointed bedroom included a separate very comfortable and spacious lounge, with TV, mini silent running fridge (real milk!) and the usual hot drink making facilities. The bathroom included a large separate shower, twin wash basins and very fluffy white towels. For breakfast there was a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit salad and excellent local yoghurts followed by a choice of full Welsh breakfast or scambled egg and salmon.
The whole place was spotlessly clean, well appointed and efficiently overseen by Patrick and Sara.   Stay here!!  you won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2012
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The one disappointing thing about our stay, it was only for one night! Sara and Patrick were friendly and made us feel at home from the off, nothing was too much trouble. The room was first class, as good as / in fact better than many 5 star hotels we have stayed at, spotless, but with the feeling of home. Unexpected extras such as bathrobes, bathroom smellies, chocolates!. Fantastic breakfast, shall return on a weekend so we can sample the evening meals. Great wine! Glad we did not go to The Oriel ! Thanks guys. You won't find a better place to stay, great stay Can't unclick fitness centre sorry

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any room if you stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tan-yr-Onnen? Share your experiences!