“Quite pleasant, owners helpful, room O.K.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Plas Elwy Hotel

Plas Elwy Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Asaph
Plas Elwy Hotel
You added Plas Elwy Hotel to your Saves list
The Roe, St. Asaph LL17 0LT, Wales   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in St. Asaph
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Quite pleasant, owners helpful, room O.K.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Easy to find straight off the A55 with a big car part at the front and a smaller one around the back of the hotel, I arrived quite late at the hotel and was told that the restaurant was not open but I could have a bar meal - which I did and it was o.k. I had booked an executive room which was located in a seperate building (the lodge) at the back of the main building. Room was fine, but didn't seem to sleep well as the curtains were thin and let in plenty of light. Breakfast was fine and it did the job.

All in all this is an average hotel which is a bit tired but tries hard to please, can'y really fault it and I would stay there again. It is obviously just about surviving on the trade that it gets and I cant see that the restaurant would be open any time soon as I cant think that there would be any demand for it. The bar area was nice enough but a bit depressing when there is only you in there, so I ended up going into both of the pubs that are very near to the hotel.

The hotel ticks all the boxes but don't expect to be blown away, I thought it was great value for money, felt a bit sorry for the place really as it can't be making much money and I think that it could shut at any time and that would be a shame.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Didn't seem to sleep well
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families

Been to Plas Elwy Hotel? Share your experiences!