“Talardy Hotel, St Asaph” 4 of 5 stars

Talardy Hotel
The Roe, St. Asaph LL17 0HY, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in St. Asaph
Abergele
“Talardy Hotel, St Asaph”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Decided to try the newly refurbished restaurant as we'd been a few times before. Lovely setting, staff very pleasant, and the food was good though was missing the onion rings. We're finding that items that are listed on the menu are missing when served.....not just here. I can't understand that the chef doesn't know the content of the meals on the menu. A very good selection of meals, though my steak was supposed to be rare and my partners...medium. We were served by a different person than the one who took our order...only when we started eating, did we realize that he hadn't asked who had ordered what......they were both same..somewhere in between. Regardless...we'd go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
On this Globe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Newly refurbished by new owners Marstons, The Talardy is now primarily a Restaurant and an excellent one at that. I am unable to comment on the Hotel accommodation, in fact I am not too sure that it is still provided.
Only opened three weeks before our visit teething problems have been solved and a delightful experience can now be enjoyed. The Menu is varied and inviting, pricing pitched at the right level, catered by willing and friendly staff delivering good quality food, served hot and efficiently. With four of us selecting differing dishes there was no cause for complaint as each plate as requested and presented as it should be. The sauces were delicious and more would have been welcome. One member of our party alluded to having the best Scampi ever!!. Wine and drinks were not overpriced and of fair quality, more so than some establishments I know. Not a great variety of desserts, but quality was very apparent. The greatest omission for me was not having Cheese and Biscuits available on the menu or by request.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

First visit 15th Aug, 6 of us went for a Brithday meal at 7.30pm to be told at 7.50pm that the kitchen had closed. I decided to return with another group of friends on the 20th Aug as not to be too critical and to give it a go as the Talardy has been a focal point in St Asaph for many years. Basically the food was terrible, the chicken was very dry, my 4!!! wedges were greasy, the corn on the cob watery and over cooked, I asked the waiter if the ribs had a glaze and was told yes, but they came with no glaze. A bad night as we noticed 3 other diners complaining and one couple left before their drinks arrived because of this. The refurbishment is stunning and I hope the Talardy improves as I would definitely return if the reviews improve.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these St. Asaph hotels

Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Beautiful refurb.
We visited about 5pm on the Saturday before bank hol. One thing that annoyed me was i phoned to reserve a table, for 6, but was told 1st come 1st served. Upon arrival i found several tables had been reserved as a large party had pre booked. When i enquired the young lady was rather rude and told me that it was different for large parties. We tried to sit at table with padded benches as my husband has a back problem. All the comfy chairs were "pre booked". We left at 7.00 and this so called large party still hadn't arrived!
The service wasn't great but our food was lovely. I personally tried the speciality rotisserie chicken, cooked to perfection! I would say over all the food was fantastic, plenty to choose from on the menu. only let down was the lack of staff training. Give this restaurant 6months and i'm sure the kinks will be ironed out. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently went to stay at the Talardy since it has reopened. I regularly have to go to that area to visit family so I have stayed at various locations. Can I say what a lovely stay we had!! i find it hard to believe these reviews are of the same place. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and saw to our every need. The rooms are furnished well and were very comfortable. My husband particularly loved the breakfast in the morning. The food was of a high standard and we didn't have to wait to long to be served either. I would recommend The Talardy to any of my friends and will certainly be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
stafford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were lovely big, spacious, airy and clean. Food was great-just what you expect in a good marstons, plentiful and a good choice! We had stayed previously just down the road, and realised that food elsewhere was double the price for half the quantity. Thanks to Amanda and the girls loved it!

• Stayed August 2012
Chongqing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Today was quiet , being the day after the bank holiday, ordered at the bar , no problem , sat outside and my fish pie was delivered promptly. The pie , whilst being tasty was obviously microwaved and quite dry ( as well as being extremely hot) the veg looked fresh and appetising but were only tepid. No check backs by the staff (and there were plenty of them) let down what should have been a good lunch. Three stars only but this place has potential.

Room Tip: didn't stay but if the rooms have been refitted to the same standard as the downstairs then it s...