“excellent night out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White House

White House
Holywell Road | Rhuallt, St. Asaph LL17 0AW, Wales (Formerly The White House)
01745 530000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in St. Asaph
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Superb food, superior accommodation and a welcoming bar lounge - all can be found under one roof at the White House.Just off the A55 expressway, the White House is situated in Rhuallt, a quiet North Wales village within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The family-run restaurant with rooms is set to reopen soon, when it will offer:Stylish restaurant offering fantastic food at pleasing prices;Cheerful family bar lounge;Vibrant coffee bar;Seven comfortable en suite rooms and two luxury penthouse suites;Well-appointed function room for conferences and weddings;Great base for the glorious countryside and coast of North Wales.The White House is in the heart of the Vale of Clwyd, with the Clwydian hills on its doorstep, making it ideal for walkers and cyclists. Your adventure will start as soon as you step out our door - and we’ll be here to welcome you on your return. You can look forward to a relaxing drink or sumptuous meal after your trip.In the 1980s and 90s the White House was a North Wales legend. Now no expense is being spared to ensure the White House regains its status as the best place to eat, drink and stay along the A55 corridor.
Flint, United Kingdom
“excellent night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited Thursday 24th October for friends retirement dinner.We were not disappointed,the food was superb and the service very good,(special thanks to Stephen).
Will definitely be visiting again in the future

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Asaph, Wales
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Wednesday as a group of 4 and we were all greeted by a friendly waiter who shown us to our table and we ordered some drinks before our food. I ordered steak and ale pie which was very tasty and everyone in our group was extremely happy with their choices of food too (another steak and ale pie and 2 thai green curries). We will definitely be making a return here to try something else and enjoy the pleasant views and atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was in North Wales for about 2 weeks in October 2013. All food that we had during this time was excellent however this was probably the best of the bunch. Highlights for me were the moules (too many to finish) and the cheeseboard with wonderful homemade chutney. The place was spotless and felt brand new. My only caution was that it was a Tuesday night and was busy without being crowded, however they seemed understaffed. If they had a couple more tables in, then the excellent service might have suffered. Highly recommended, and look forward to going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester, United Kingdom
“Too many mistakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had booked for Sunday lunch the day before.
On arrival met by an indifferent gentleman who told us to sit where we like,I like to feel provision has been made for us and we are expected,not too much to ask.
The Sunday lunch menu is on a board in the bar,I found this out for myself as my waiter did not tell us this,he just left us with the table menu after serving our drinks.
This brings me to my pet hate which is a menu covered in food and drink,unforgivable given that no expense had gone into the home printed and hand folded copy that I'm sure they must have had plenty of.
That said there was as much food and dirt on two of the waiters trousers and aprons only a short while into service,nasty,no excuse for dirty and untidy front of house.
On to the food,I have to say the roast potatoes were as good as I have tasted,perfectly done,let down by the beef which was overcooked with not a hint of pink,and drying out as a result.
The entire plate was literally swimming in gravy.
Not a plate of food I think warrants a £14.00 price tag,I am used to better at that kind of price,mediocre Sunday lunches are everywhere for half that money.
I may have mentioned my concerns had any body taken the trouble to ask if all was ok with us.
The unfriendly service remained through paying the bill and leaving,I don't think anybody cracked a smile or said goodbye when we left.Still no one asked if we were satisfied with our meal or experience.
A good Maitre D needed here,the location and premises lovely and clearly cost somebody a lot of money and effort to do,only to be let down by silly and avoidable issues that left me feeling short changed on the day.
It's for the location I have marked it up to an average and hope somebody fires some life into the staff and their process.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful whitehouse ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visited here on Saturday 12 th October after hearing excellent reports. We were not disappointed . Top quality food and service. Nothing too much to ask. We have booked for Christmas and will be re visiting again soon.
Very skilled chefs and brilliant front of house. 5 star all the way