“Want. More. Pia. Pottery.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Deruta
More attraction details
Owner description: Maioliche pia , realities dreamed for the house! Exclusive Pottery all painted by hand
Bend, Oregon
“Want. More. Pia. Pottery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We made a trip to Deruta from Montepulciano specifically to see this shop, and it was worth it. Pia makes the most gorgeous majolica pottery (ooh, that red!). We only bought what we could carry, and wished we could carry more! Pia was not there, but her sweet husband Paulo was very helpful, opening up just for us. Next time, we look forward to meeting the artist herself.

Visited December 2013
Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Kathryn , thank's for all! I and my beautiful wife, Pia , we are very glad to have met you! thanks for the nice words and for your choice! we hope to see you soon
Hugs to your family ( jim and bob

Plano, Texas
“Lovely Italian Pottery Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love this shop. The shopkeeper/artist was very kind, helpful and extremely talented. I bought a picture of Madonna and two children painted on a large tile that was framed; it is magnificent! I have gotten so many compliments on my painting. This was our first trip to Italy (July 2012) and visiting Italian pottery shops was one of the top things on my list. I went to many shops in a number of towns and Maioliche Pia in Deruta really stood out. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch. Even today I look at my painting and can still see Pia as she is so connected to the beautiful pieces she creates. My only regret is not purchasing more items while I was there. Maioliche Pia is a must see attraction on your next visit to Italy.

Visited July 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you very much Mrs. Barbara! I remember with great affection both she and the tile with a painting of the Madonna Who purchased!
Thanks for yOur nice review! I hope to see you soon in Italy and in my factory/show room
New Harmony, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Each time we visit Deruta, we visit Maioliche Pia and purchase a piece of her ceramics. The craftsmanship is outstanding, the colors and designs are beautiful and the pieces are very durable. Once home, as we use our pieces, we fondly remember our holiday, the lovely shop and the kind and talented shopkeeper/artist who created and sold them to us.

Visited October 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Paolo D, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Maioliche Pia, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mrs. Jeanne, thank you very much for all. Your review is very very important and of great satisfaction! Be part of the beautiful tinga in his travels visited me joy!
I hope to see you soon in my shop
Hugs Pia
Rochester, New York
“Maioliche Pia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pia was the pleasant culmination of our trip to Umbria. The warmth and caring were ever present in the beautiful pieces on display. Pia's attention to our needs and interaction with us were instrumental in our purchases. Even more impressive was the professional packing and shipping process. The exquisite plates arrived here in great condition, a testament to the Deruta pursuit of excellence. I highly recommend Pia and would strongly suggest its full service from display floor to home. It is at a minimum a must see attraction. A bonus is meeting her beautiful baby daughter.

Visited September 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank's so much Mr. N. , your review is very important for me!
A warmly hug for all your family
Pia , Paolo and our beautiful baby daughter (Maria , 2 months)