We went to Lisloughrey recently and overall vwere very impressed - we had one of the Quay Suites, which doesn't exactly have a view of the Quay, but then again they weren't claiming that it did. Massive room, very comfortable beds, fantastic bathroom, robes, slippers etc. Dinner was excellent and that was expected given the €69 a head price tag. Breakfast was good - they use meats from James McGeough in Oughterard who is one of the best butchers in Ireland. But, there was little other choice. Yes they offer kippers, but the cold buffet was really dissapointing - cereal, some pastries and fruit salad - no cheese, no cold meats/salamai. I was expecting a bit more as they have won the Irish Breakfast of the Year. This seems to relate only to the actual fry. Other establishments, notably the Park Inn in Mulranny are cheaper and have a far superior breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I am being pretty picky, but it's just at the prices they charge I'd have expected a bit more. Also, although the hotel was extremely quiet, the bar after dinner was taken over by a loud, obnoxious and very drunk group of 3 or 4 Americans one of whom insisted on playing a fiddle that sounded like he was strangling a cat at times. The girl in the group kept shouting and bouncing off the walls until she decided to collapse on a couch. Time to go for us. The poor barman was probably really pissed off at this stage but had to keep smiling. There was no senior management present and this group was allowed to annoy the few other guests that were enjoying a quiet drink in the bar.
Overall, though we had a fantastic time....the massage is fantastic and the 'treehut' hot-tub is an unusual touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the 360 acre Ashford Castle estate over looking Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides an exemplary country house experience, the Lodge offers Contemporary country cooking using local artisan produce in the relaxing lake view dining rooms. Beautifully designed deluxe rooms (24) and suites (26) combined with an outdoor Tub and Sauna are sure to provide the perfect escape. Banqueting facilities include a glass walled Harbor Room that can welcome up to 200 wedding guests, a boardroom for meetings and screening room for private dining. Estate activities including golf, Falconry and Horse riding are all available along this beautiful estate. We are delighted to now be part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Lodge at Ashford Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Ashford Hotel Cong
- The Lodge At Ashford Castle Ireland/Cong