We stayed at the wonderful Lisloughrey Lodge for two nights last week and really enjoyed the experience. We stayed in one of the duplex suites which was lovely - even though we didn't use the sitting room much. The bedroom was lovely - spacious and luxurious. The shower in the bathroom was really powerful which I love. The underfloor heating in the bathroom took a little while to kick in. One or two small quibbles - no plug in the sink which my husband found frustrating when shaving; the towel heater was not on (nor could we figure out how to turn it on). The taps seemed to work in the opposite direction to the norm.
The highlight of the visit for us was the absolutely amazing dinner. The food was exceptional, both in terms of quality and presentation. We were completely wowed by the chef's efforts. Our waiter was very well trained attentive but not overpowering. We had dinner in Ashford Castle the following night and without doubt the meal in Lisloughrey was far superior on every level.
Breakfast was also very good.
We were also impressed with the lovely friendly barman who was very chatty and entertaining.
The location is absolutely magnificent and we had lovely walks around the grounds.
I would highly recommend Lisloughrey and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the 360 acre Ashford Castle estate over looking Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides an exemplary country house experience, the Lodge offers Contemporary country cooking using local artisan produce in the relaxing lake view dining rooms. Beautifully designed deluxe rooms (24) and suites (26) combined with an outdoor Tub and Sauna are sure to provide the perfect escape. Banqueting facilities include a glass walled Harbor Room that can welcome up to 200 wedding guests, a boardroom for meetings and screening room for private dining. Estate activities including golf, Falconry and Horse riding are all available along this beautiful estate. We are delighted to now be part of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Lodge at Ashford Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Ashford Hotel Cong
- The Lodge At Ashford Castle Ireland/Cong