“Personalized Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Personalized Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My fiance and I contacted Outer Reef Adventures for an Open Water scuba course. Roger Carroway and his staff put together a wonderful package for us. Despite some problems that couldn't be avoided (cold and flu season), Roger set up a schedule that would get us comfortable in the water, and fulfill the requirements of the course. Best of all, it was just the two of us (plus Roger and his crew).

We had a great time. The equipment was in great condition and their boat was absolutely perfect doing what it had been built for. Roger and his crew did everything possible to accommodate us including meeting us at our hotel, showing us to the pool, transporting us to the boat, showing us around Moalboal and just generally helping us have a great vacation. When it came to the actual coursework, they did everything within reason to help us get comfortable in the water, and to learn to be safe divers.

We weren't able to finish our certification due to some issues that just couldn't be avoided (our fault...not theirs), but we'll definitely be back. If you're a family or a small group looking to learn scuba or experienced divers looking for a guide to Moalboal's reefs, I don't think you could do much better.

Visited May 2012
Roger C, Owner at Outer Reef Adventures, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Jim thank you so much for the kind words in your review.. I appoligize that it has taken me this long to respond and get the swing of this Trip Advisor program. Anyway I am looking forward to see you and Michelle next time you come to Cebu.

Cheers,