“First Open Water!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 16 Activities in Moalboal
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Savedra Dive Center, winner of the CGP Best Nature Experience 2012 award, is in the center of Panagsama beach.Just a few meters from the shoreline and our house reef and minutes away by boat to the best dive sites in the area.Savedra is Moalboals only PADI 5 star Instructor Development center and PADI Tec Rec training center.
Seoul, South Korea
6 attraction reviews
“First Open Water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Savedra Dive Center was awesome! Arranged our lodging and our dives. Incredibly friendly and professional. Catered to newbies (like me), families, and hard core divers. This team does not disappoint. Will most certainly return. Thanks for all the patience and professionalism!!! Oh, and all the fun! Excellent diving in excellent location.

Visited August 2013
Lee B, Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi Laurie,

music to our ears, thank you very much for your feedback, see you on the next trip.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Diving at Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Have been to Moalboal diving twice, and both times used these guys. They are friendly, helpful and completely professional. 2nd time took our 4 kids diving with us because we were so confident that they would be looked after.
The shop is located a few steps from the beach and boats (not that it matters because everything gets carried for you, anyway) and amongst some great little restaurants, bars and coffee shops. Not too much touristy hype here--would definitely recommend Moalboal over Bohol if you don't want touristy junk and loud music.

Visited July 2013
Hi Rhonda,

good to hear you enjoyed your time with us again, until the next time.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A good start in Scuba Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was planning to only doing my Open Water course with Savedra but after having finished I decided to stay and do my advanced open water course also. My instructor explained everything very clear and made sure I fully understood what was going to happen. I can certainly recommend this organization to anyone either looking to learn how to dive or just wanting to do some fun dives. Even the house reef of the Dive school is very nice and I can recommend doing at least one night dive!

Visited May 2013
Hi Menno,

thanks for your comments, I agree the night dives here are great, anyone planning a trip should try it at least once.

cheers,
Yorktown, Virginia
“Great Tec / Rec shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

May 23-28, 2013 we went to Moalboal, Cebu Philippines for one of our dive vacations. We dove with Savedra Dive Center where we took a TecRec Sidemount course with PADI Course Director Lee Butler. For our non-divers we visited Kawasan Waterfalls and Nature Park and did some skorkeling with Whale Sharks. Savedra Dive Center took care of everything for us... transfer to/from airport, accommodations, diving, snorkeling...everything. The staff was GREAT to work with and EXTREMELY knowledgable about the dive sites. Their staff took the time to explain the area and point out the best shops and restaurants.

While there are plenty of foreigners around this was not a tourist-trap like other places in Cebu. We always felt very safe and were able to roam around day and night. European/American style breakfasts we available a few steps away from the shop so this made early morning dives great as well. Within a 1 minute walk is everything anyone would need to have an excellent trip.

I am already booking my next trip with them.

Visited May 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Larry it's always a pleasure to have you visit us, can't wait to have a look at this new CCR of yours. Sounds like the perfect toy to try out in Kasai Cave ;0)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Staff, Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After doing a long Divemaster internship and 3 technical diving courses, I got to know Savedra fairly well over the course of my 3 months there. I had nothing but an overwhelming positive experience with every staff member. All the instructors are extremely professional and have the safety of the divers as a #1 priority. Equipment is well maintained and regularly serviced. The shop's divemasters are extremely competent and very good guides for the local dives.

Having an in-house experienced Course Director (Lee Butler) made for more challenging, well-rounded courses in my opinion. I had extensive experience with assisting with divers doing various courses, a proper refresh of my rescue skills, and preliminary exposure to technical diving before I chose to do some technical courses formally.

Overall an extremely well run, professional operation that I would recommend for anyone at any diving level. I will definitely return!

Visited February 2013
Lee B, Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thanks Mischa, it was great having you with us and we hope you can make it back sometime soon. Dive safe