“Moalboal's Secret Haven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hale Manna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moalboal
Hale Manna
You added Hale Manna to your Saves list
Saavedra, Moalboal, Moalboal 6032, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Moalboal B&B and Inns
Makati, Philippines
“Moalboal's Secret Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went to Moalboal to get out of the city and we were advised to visit this secret haven. I am tempted not to talk about this place to preserve its serenity but the experience was too good not to share.

We were supposed to just eat our lunch here but ended up taking a quiet stroll in the gardens, and to rest in the beautiful and inviting cabanas facing the sea. Since we will be staying here for just a couple of hours, I struggled between taking good pictures or just sitting in one of the hammocks to relax and appreciate the view.

It will be very nice to have an overnight trip here to see the sunset and experience the cool breeze of early morning sun. Also, if you are planning to visit the Kawasan Falls which is 2 towns away from this place, this is an ideal place to stay in.

By the way, the food is good too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We didn't expect that our second choice destination will turn out to be one of the best!

We initially planned to go to Camotes Island for a weekend getaway. But because of Typhoon Yolanda, no hotel can accommodate us. Thus, we decided to go south instead. We heard of Hale Manna through trip advisor. Since it is the #1 choice, we decided to try it.

We arrived around 7pm or 8pm. We didn't expect that in a remote place, 3 hours away from the city, we'll find a beautiful place like this! The surrounding is full of multi colored lights in different shapes. Properly maintained garden with healthy beautiful plants of different kinds. It has nipa houses and chairs in the garden facing the beautiful view of the ocean. It was really beautiful that all of us can't stop saying WOW! We fell in-love with the place instantly.

The caretaker welcomed us with a warm smile. They prepared a very delicious oatmeal cookies and drinks.

The house is really beautiful. It has 4 big living rooms (I think). Each living rooms has shelves full of books. Lots of books! I can stay there for a month reading but I can not definitely finish everything. Magazines, novels, academic books etc name it, they have it! The owner has collections of original CDs and DVDs too. The rooms are big and spacious specially the bathrooms! It was really first class accommodation at an affordable rate. :)

The staff are very accommodating, friendly and hospitable. The food they serve is excellent and the price is just right. Pizza is a must to try. Yummy!!!

The location is excellent for soul searching, heart mending and for honeymooners because of its serenity. It also best for kayaking and snorkeling. We went island hopping. Snorkeling around Pescador island was awesome! We had a chance to see not just one but three turtle sea freely swimming right before our eyes. Thanks to our graceful diver guide for leading the way. We are also lucky to see millions of sardines swimming beneath us - super scary!

I apologize that I am not really good in remembering names but I appreciate the staff for taking care of us during our stay. THANK YOU! You made our Moalboal trip very memorable. This place is really recommended. i will definitely stay here again when I go back to Moalboal!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Avon, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hale Manna. It is a 3 hour drive from the Cebu City Airport and in a remote location, but that is exactly what we were looking for: an untouched piece of paradise! We have 2 young children, 1 and 3, so we were looking for a quiet location where we could relax and lounge while the children could have some sand and sun. The hotel was very clean, our room was a nice size with a balcony overlooking their maintained, lovely garden. We were a stone's throw from the beachfront, which was the perfect size for our small children to play and splash in the water. We brought our own water shoes and life jackets in their sizes and let them run around. We went during the week, and it was like having a private beach all to ourselves.
We ended up going kayaking and snorkeling with the Hale Manna lifeguards and equipment (free with your room booking) as well. The coral is lovely and untouched.

The grounds of the hotel are stunningly beautiful, and all of their cabanas and chairs are oceanfront, there is no bad view.

All of our meals were made to order, so we scheduled them in advance to help us plan our day. Upon request we had lunch every day in a cabana overlooking the clear blue water. The food menu at Hale Manna is somewhat limited, but we tried many things and everything we had was delicious! The prices were very reasonable! Our kids loved the pancakes for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and my favorite dish was the Chicken Curry. We had fresh mango for breakfast every day, and tried some local breakfast dishes as well.

Before we traveled, I emailed back and forth with Becky, who was prompt at replying to my questions and arranging a round trip car for us to get to the hotel. She was not there during our stay, but Marcela was responsible for the hotel and took care of our every need. If you want, they will help you arrange diving trips with local groups and call tricycles and rental cars to various destinations upon request.

The cleaning and serving staff were polite and friendly. The cleaning ladies were kind enough to move their schedules around so they did not disturb my baby's afternoon nap. When we ran a little short on pesos to pay the driver to take us back to the airport, Marcela added it to our bill and we were able to charge it. It was the little things like that that made us feel like we were being welcomed into a home, not just a hotel.

One tip: because the hotel is in a remote location, I would suggest bringing everything you need with you (sunscreen, aloe vera, etc) because there is no shop inside the hotel grounds to buy these things if they run out.

If we go to Cebu again, we would come back here!

Room Tip: We had a nice view on the second floor, room 3.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Hale Manna. The staff was incredibly hospitable and helpful. The location is excellent for snorkeling / kayaking and lazing around. Becky is the perfect hostess, always providing you with ideas on exploring the grounds. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Stay in one of the top floor rooms as Room 1 is close to the reception and can get a bit noisy espec...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I discovered Hale Manna in TripAdvisor. I read the reviews and saw the pictures and I fell in-love with the place instantly. I sent an email immediately because I was worried that they might already be fully booked. I was glad to find out that they still had a room for 6 people. I was able to talk to the owner, Ms Becky, who was very helpful. I had so many questions and she gave me VERY detailed answers. I already had an idea on what to do in Moalboal, but I didn't know when and how to do them. Ms Becky arranged everything for us: transpo, guide, and itinerary. I was so happy after we finalized our plan.

When we got to Hale Manna, I was shocked because it was better that I had imagined. The room was big and spacious (the bathroom too), there were hangout areas with a great view of the ocean, and the garden was huge! It was my type of resort and I loved it. There was probably only one thing that bothered me during my stay there: the mosquitos. We did bring off lotion with us so that problem was quickly solved.

The staff were very accommodating, friendly, helpful and courteous. They were always smiling too and their smiles were genuine. I travel a lot and I've been to hostels where in the staff and owners' smiles were fake, like they were just forced to do that to get "good reviews". (I don't want to further elaborate my disappointment in other hostels in this review ^.~) Anyway, bottom line is, Hale manna is great not just because of how beautiful the place is, but also because of its staff!

Before I end my review, I'd like to mention Hale Manna's staff, Kuya Panie, who had been with us for 3 days, touring us and bringing us to different places in southern Cebu. He was so very nice and he made sure that we enjoyed our stay in Moalboal and Oslob. He showed us the corals at Pescador Island, tried to chase a dolphin, helped us look for sea turtles (they were so beautiful! It was our first time to see wild sea turtles.), dived with me and the sardines, brought us to the whale sharks and Kawasan falls, then brought us also to Mantayupan falls and to a church which was not really part of our itinerary. I could feel that he really wanted us to make the most out of our stay in Cebu and we were so grateful to him for that. He also had a lot of stories and was very patient, never in a hurry. He kept pace with us. It was hard to say goodbye to Kuya Panie on our last day. We will surely miss him!

We super enjoyed our stay in Cebu because of Hale Manna, their staff, and Ms Becky. Thank you so much!

This resort is highly recommended! We will surely come back to Hale Manna on our next visit to Moalboal. My travel buddies said they'd come back next time and bring their families here to relax and unwind.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our group of four decided to stay at Hale Manna when we travelled to Malboal the day before New years eve 2013. We arrived little late and had no prebooked accomodation. Luckily Hale Manna had a big family room which was just what we were after. Immediately after arriving to the reception/lounge/living area we felt like coming to a place of love and harmony. The feeling I got at Hale Manna could be best understood if you imagine a place where someone like Sean Connery could enjoy his holiday sitting in one of the chairs, smoking a cigar and enjoying a glass of scotch while listening to the 50's & 60's evergreens on the speakers.
This doesn't mean the place was no means shabby. The premises were clearly been built just a few years ago and well maintained. The resort area was well designed, especially the evening lighting which was spectacular compared to some other resorts in Moalboal. Only one thing was missing and that's the pool which was still being built.

There are too many things to address here why Hale Manna provided us all our unexpected vacation high points. Such including the free beers we got from the owner on the new years eve party or the free kayaking or the beach front huts we used both for afternoon naps and late nigth Monopoly matches. But all in all, putting it simply, it is the Hawaiian phrase "house of good energy" (Hale Manna) that tells you all you need to know. This place is something else!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

A unique and peaceful atmosphere. The style, beach and gardens are spectacular, food excellent and the staff very helpful yet maintain your privacy and the peacefulness of your stay. The house is a museum of antiques and unique native luxury furnishings. It feels more like a luxurious home. There is more living space in the house library, sitting and lounging areas than the all of the spacious rooms combined. After a day of snorkeling, kayaking and swimming on the swim raft (the only one of its type in Moalboal?) and we returned to our room I noticed my wife had shed her sandy slippers at the front door instead of wearing them to our room as she also felt it was like being in a home. Go ahead and take the pump boat to Pescador island to see the sights and snorkel. Very reasonable rates and the beach is truly pristine, very unlike other Cebu resorts.

Room Tip: They all look good to me but the ones upstairs facing the beach have a beautiful balcony and view. W...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hale Manna? Share your experiences!