“Best Improved” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 restaurants in Moalboal
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Moalboal's best restaurant when it comes both to the food they serve and the costumer service. Very small place on top of the dive shop (Neptune Diving Adventure) with a wonderful view over the ocean. The cook makes by far the best asian food served in Moalboal, she has a special gift for cooking this lady and i can only say try it out because she is the best and i will always go back here for more!!!
Cebu City, Philippines
“Best Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is worth the location. It has a spectacular view of cebu city lights. guest service was good and food is great.

If you are from cebu city you just need to go to SM city terminal ride a Van going to Cordova then a ride in tricycle going there. Easy to locate.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pulau Perhentian Besar, Malaysia
“Good food, nice staff :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We tried this the first day, and ended up eating breakast/lunch here every morning :) chocolate and mango shakes, pancakes and omelets with delicious homemade bread was our favourite - the garlic shimps and chapati with garlicbutter were also very good. I bought a hole bread for our day at the waterfalls , and they also bought a big glass of the very good mango jam for me, so my kids could have a nice piknik-lunch on our daytrip.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cebu
“Breath taking view, food and service can be improve =)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went there with my colleagues to enjoy a dinner in a new location. We love the place,no question about that. the restaurant was not literarily floating but ihas great view of the Cebu city and embodied anative and really filipino interior. The downside though, food wasn't that great, we ordered cripy pata, garlic shrimp and my favorite kare-kare (unfortunately, they don't have bagoong for it-FYI it is a crime to have kare0kare without the bagoong =() The staff are friendly but we have to repeat the things we need before they will finally get it, the food didn't come on time together as well,.
Tip: have a reservation first before going to the restaurant to have the best seat. there are a lot of people who go there during lunch and dinner.
Transportatio: make sure you know the way because it is not really accessible, or might as well have a private vehicle =)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Lantaw - fantastic view, but service can be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was interested in the restaurant for its location because Cordova is a bit of a drive (even if I am from Mactan). First off, the road to the restaurant is very narrow and it’s difficult to drive at night because there’s not much streetlights and you have all these “trisikads” on the roads which don’t have any lights as well. The restaurant has a parking space though but is just enough for a few cars, otherwise you just park by the roadside.

The restaurant is composed of 2 floating sections, one with roof and the other one is open air. Surely the view is fantastic. I guess this is the only restaurant where you get a view of Cebu City all the way to the south part. We chose to sit at the open air section and it’s a bit dark, maybe some more lights can be added. But it was cool and the air was fresh.

The menu has varied choices and prices are very reasonable and very affordable. They have their own specialties and this included the “bakasi” or eel. We decided to try it too but I didn’t like it much because I was expecting larger eels which would be served in slices, but they were small whole eels and it was like being served with snakes....so i think this dish isn’t for me. The other dishes were okay. I’d have to say food here is just okay and just about right for its price. Unless you love eels, then you can just find Lantaw’s food anywhere else in the city.

My complaint in this restaurant is that if you sit in the open air section, it’s very difficult to call the waiter if you have additional orders, maybe also because it’s a bit dark so they don’t get to see you even if you vigorously wave your hand. The bill and change also take some time to come coz the cashier is all the way at the “roofed” section. Maybe they should add a “sub-cashier/waiter” station in the middle of the open air part of the restaurant so service can be much faster and improved.

In summary, I’d recommend Lantaw for a one-time experience – for its “concept”, affordability and for its beautiful view. It is also a nice and cheaper option to bring non-Cebuano guests for dinner. Otherwise, it’s a far drive and dangerous too at night because of these trisikads and the food isn’t really something unique and special that will be worthy of the long drive. While you are warmly greeted by the staff as you enter the restaurant, food service needs improvement.

(I have been to Lantaw twice already, the first time was just for drinks and cocktails so we decided to come back for a full dinner...so my review on the food is based on my second visit while the review on the service is based on my two visits).

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City, Philippines
“Nice View, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My uncle and auntie brought us here after they picked us up from the airport. They heard that this is a new place and that a lot of people were raving about this restaurant.

It was a floating restaurant. It's open and the place is native and very comfortable.

The prices were very much affordable and the food were very exquisite. We ordered so many and our bill is just a little over P1,500.

We had Cordova Express and Crispy Kangkong for our appetizers. Baked Scallops and Chicken Inasal for our main dishes. Three types of desserts; Halo-Halo, Bibingka and Turon ala mode and a pitcher of Cordova Cooler for our drinks.

Everything was delicious and the ambience is very relaxing. I could really feel that I am officially in my vacation mode.

Visited August 2012