“A good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Pension House

Sunshine Pension House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moalboal
Sunshine Pension House
You added Sunshine Pension House to your Saves list
Basdiot, Moalboal, Cebu | Basdiot, Moalboal, Cebu, Moalboal, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Moalboal B&B and Inns
Essex
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I enjoyed my 5 night stay at the Sunshine Pension House, and would definitely go back.
It is only my opinion, but I found Aida a little more like the lady of the manor, rather than a good hotelier, but that did not in any way detract from my stay at the Sunshine Pension House, and I found the rest of the staff very good.
If you like a nice quiet location this is for you, and only a 5 minute stroll to the start of the bar and restaurant area. In general Panagsama beach is quite a low key beach resort like most of the Philippines in fact.
That is why I love the Philippines so much.
I got a good deal on a hot water fan only room, due to lack of water in the cheapest rooms.
Like most budget accommodation in the Philippines the rooms are a little dated but clean, and at there room rate quite good value for money.
The pool and garden made the Sunshine Pension House for me.
I could see no signs of a Swiss restaurant, no tables set up or menus etc, you should not have to ask, and I did not see any one eating or drinking all the time I was there, but you are only 5 minutes away from food and drink so not a problem.
My review may seem a little bit critical, but I say it as I see it, and again I would definitely go back and I think that is all I need to say.
If you want good budget accommodation in a good location you should not be disappointed with the Sunshine Pension House, I was not.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dahab, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Located at the second line but very close to sea. Staff, young philippino girls, probably family, very friendly. No annoying customers. Maybe I'm lucky. Rooms are basic. Bed are clean, bed sheets fresh. Hot shower. Price is fit the quality. If you not ready to pay for pricy hotel that place is ok.

• Stayed May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Right from the beginning on arrival Aida and her family were very friendly and welcoming, making us feel at home! I stayed there in total for 6 weeks, so we were a bit of a different group compared to the usual tourists, but the overal care and attention Aida gave to us was no different to the other guests and she goes out of her way to make you feel at home. Sunshine Pension House is in a great location, 10 minutes on trike back into Moalboal town centre, and an easy walk down to Panagsama beach front, where theres a choice of bars, restaurants and little gift shops. Theres a mini-market a 5 minute walk away which makes it easy to stock up with essentials, and Aida kindly let us use her kitchen and fridge to store food and water. The rooms are all exceptionally clean, with bedding changed twice a week and rooms cleaned. They are lovely and simply designed, all with beautiful murals on the walls, some have double beds, some have singles. You pay more for a hot shower, but hot showers aren't essential in the Philippines! There are 10 rooms around the swimming pool and centred around the main house and further rooms/apartments across the road, all have their own bathrooms, some are bigger therefore brilliant for families. Theres WiFi available. Overall, it was an excellent stay with Aida and her family and she took great care of us, I'll definately be going back! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and i spend a week in Moalboal in Aug, Though the weather was bad,We can't do any dive in the open sea,But we really have a good time in Sunshine.
Somehow Aida made the inn just like home.The rooms are good and clean,the staff is very nice and willing to help.We bother the nice girl Hope many times and she is always helpful,Aida is a big heart lady and try hard to maintain the land and the whole family.We are so lucky to join her niece's wedding.
We hope to come back soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
aidaabenido, Owner at Sunshine Pension House, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you Tony for your wonderful review. We had a great time with you and will never forget you..
Cebu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Sunshine pension house is a very relaxing and cool place to stay-in. The service is excellent! and the staff is very nice both to local and foreign guest. The rooms are clean with nice pool. I prepare to come and visit sunshine pension house next time.

I don't believe to Leevia's comment. I saw this people pressing the bell repeatedly without purpose. This people are arrogant and idiot. They were the worst customer there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It means so much to me.
Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you want to have a terrible vacation you should stay on this place!!!!!!!!!!

Because they have 8 REASONS to make your vacation a STRESSFUL ONE!!

1. Aida has a very very bad customer service. She shouted at us as if we are kids. She is not wee oriented oncustomer service...
2. she discriminate Filipino customers because she prefers foreigners except Koreans to stay on her place.
3. Poor room ventilation - electric fan could not give cool and enough air
4. water on the faucet is not available all the time
5. pool has garbages and dirt floating specially at night
6. expensive charging on cooking even if we brought our own spices and checoals
7. Dishonest - Aida charged an extra amount on pool usage even if only one of us did not use the pool. so better review all the charges or else you will be sorry...
8. they would not issue an official receipt (we are still on the process of reporting this matter to BIR and to the municipality of Moalboal for the sake of other tourists)

Ours maybe 8 but who knows YOURS will bevTHRICE... sooo GOOD LUCK to all of you and HAVE A SORROWFUL STAY...

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Carcar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Aida is super nice the rooms are always clean and the help is helpful :) the ceiling fans are powerful so a great breeze is always there . Big pool and a well kept yard makes it easy to just hang out at the resort . i believe most rooms have hot water now but no air con (I don,t use it)
Grab some fresh fish from the beach and ask aida to cook it for you shes a fantastic host we always return because it feels like visiting family (family we like lol)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunshine Pension House? Share your experiences!