The resort itself is small, and built into the hill behind the coastline which gives it a somewhat cramped feeling, with a lot of concrete walk ways and nowhere really to go - this is inevitable given there is no beach to wander along at this location. The bungalow and bathroom sizes reflect this lack of space and the feeling is quite closed in. This isn't a resort for everyone. The food was fine - we went full board which oddly didn't include any mealtime drinks (full board may have been a mistake, not because of the quality of the food but because of the price guests paid for the buffet meals). Watch out for the pricey fruit juices! Water is freely available in refillable bottles which is sensible. The eating area is small with guests being encouraged to sit together to eat, and the staff are keen to be on first name terms which can feel intrusive.
The diving was Moal Boal as you would expect with the dive sites within easy reach from the resort. The dive centre itself is spotless, with plenty of space and they sometimes allow solo diving off the house reef. The efficient guides offer up pygmy seahorses, frog fish, orangutan crabs and other exotic creatures of the sea. Great! And the boat crew are friendly with tea and fruit offered during the surface intervals.
In my experience of the Philippines, and I stress this is a personal opinion which is basically what Trip Advisor reviews are, there are so called 'boutique' resorts in the Philippines that offer better value overall, and more soul in a more relaxed environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the masses, you'll have a wonderful stay in one of our ten cottages. Enjoy a great dinner in our restaurant or have a drink on our terrace with its magnificent view of Pescador Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Magic Island Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Island Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Magic Island Dive Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island