Read about Planet Action Adventure Tours (affiliated to Tipolo) on Lonely Planet Vietnam (9th edition) and googled them. I'm very impressed with Tipolo's website - very informative, offering details of the various rooms and even a video of the premises! The rooms are really as seen on the website. Prices are also reasonable... and they have free wifi!
The only thing holding me back was that... there were no reviews on Tripadvisor. (I'm very dependent on Tripadvisor for my travels). Posted on the forum, but it didn't do me a lot of help. The only comment received was that Tipolo is next to a disco and that it's very noisy.
It is true - the resort is located next to the only disco in Panagsama beach, but the disco is only open on Saturday nights. Furthermore, from my room I can only hear the bass. So it's actually alright. Unless you really need a totally quiet environment to sleep in, this shouldn't bother you.
My boyfriend and I were at Tipolo from Aug 2 to Aug 13 and we really enjoyed our stay because:
1) Staff was always warm and hospitable - we always felt welcome and they were always eager to help
2) Room was always kept very clean despite us making it sandy
3) Location is as I liked - 5 min walk to the "center" where most of the restaurants were, meant that fewer people in the area. They have a private beach as well.
4) Owners (Jochen & Jinky) are very friendly people. Definitely not shifty. Jochen always enjoys chatting over beers and Jinky is very sweet, very helpful. Enjoyed many hours chatting with them. Also very impressed by how environmentally-conscious they are. And Jochen is always prompt to reply via email... I must've sent him like a thousand messages but he's been very patient.
5) Great adventure tours are offered by Planet Action (see my upcoming review)
If I'm forced to say something I dislike about them, the only thing I can find is that they have too few deluxe rooms! We stayed in a standard room as all the deluxe rooms were taken when we arrived. Could have changed rooms but got too comfortable to bother. Heard from Jochen that they are building more rooms though. Cheers to that!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Tipolo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tipolo Beach Hotel Moalboal
- Tipolo Beach Resort Moalboal, Cebu Island