“Take me out to the ballgame!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Home stadium of Matanzas Cocodrilos Baseball Team
Moncton, Canada
“Take me out to the ballgame!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was very exciting! The Cuban people certainly enjoy their ball games! Felt very safe. Bathrooms were not very nice, and avoided the food being sold. Beer sold outside, but none allowed inside.

Visited April 2013

Winnipeg
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was able to attend two games here Jan 17 and 19/2013. I was staying in Varadero and asked around a bit to see about start times and so on. We were told 1300 for the Jan 17 game, so we got a driver for 1100 to leave the hotel. After we had left we realized that the game only started at 1900, so we killed a few hours in Matanzas at the Bellamar caves, some local pub and a neat little restaurant. At 1800 we were able to purchase our tickets, which were 1 Cuban peso, and then when inside, upgraded to the front row first base line seats for 3 CUC, very cheap. There is no alcohol served inside, but no big deal, there is vendors outside the stadium, which is nice to just go for a drink. The Jan 19 game was a Saturday and this one started at 1300. Both games were full of energized crowds! Very cool to see and definitely worth the time and the few pesos it cost!!

Visited January 2013
Moncton, Canada
“A must for anyone visiting Cuba...baseball fan or not!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Caught a game in April 2012 versus Camaguey and was blown away by this experience. If you're staying in Varadero, forget about all of those "tourist" trips the hotels and resorts organize...rent a car or get in a taxi and make the trip to Matanzas and catch a Cocodrilos game. Cubans are crazy for their baseball!

There's no comparison to the North American (MLB) experience...this is a party! Inside the stadium...outside the stadium...all the way down Avenida Martin Dihigo.

I'll definitely be back in 2013!

Visited April 2012
Laval,Qc
“Great first hand cuban culture experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Awesome crowd, greats fans, awesome experience, great ham and cheese sandwichs and by far on of the best ways to understand the cuban culture.

Visited May 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Crazy about baseball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to catch a playoffs game 7 game where the home team (Matanzas Cocodrilos) won, it was an experience I'll never forget! I love baseball, but you don't have to be a fan to enjoy a game here - watching the crowd by itself is entertaining enough. If there's a game when you're in town, make sure to go!

Tickets are dirt cheap and it's very crowded, I'd recommend going with some Cuban friends. It's also very loud and crazy inside, but of course lots of fun! You can bring in outside food and drink, and I'd recommend it. They sell some food/drinks inside but due to the crowds are very hard to buy. If you bring a backpack or large purse, security will want to check it before you enter the stadium, but I had no problems getting in with my backpack full of food and drinks.

Visited May 2012