On arrival we were greeted with the most amazing views, a view that you never get bored of. The check in was quick and we were taken to our rooms with some literature on the all inclusive and hotel details.
I am going to point out that in this review there will be both positive and negative feedback but myself and my girlfriend had the best time ever and would go back again.
Food- very nice dishes and can't complain about it at all. There was a moan about melon on a previous review but fair play to the hotel they must take reviews on board because we couldn't get enough in the end! As normal with all inclusive you can get bored with the food but you should be aware of that. Tsilivi is a short taxi ride away with some lovely restaurants for a change of scenery.
Management- don't really do much to be honest, other than order all the other staff around especially in busy times and just stand around. One manager spent 2 hours by the bar during his shift!
Main Bar attendant- was really miserable and rude. Small things in the hotel like this can be the difference between 4 and 5 star. The only time he actually was friendly was when we paid for drinks (after 11pm). He was so rude one night, he finished his shift at approx 1am and decided to close the doors and switch all of the lights, leaving us outside in the dark with our paid for drinks! He also served us Triple sec and and lemonade for the first 5 days. On day 6 I went to the bar and asked again only for him to point at the menu and say where on the menu is triple sec? Why inform us rudely that it wasn't when he had given it to us for 5 days?
Entertainment Team - Were brilliant the whole time we were there. Started by asking us to play games by the pool and were friendly the whole time. They all work really hard and do everything that is expected of them. The girls are great dancers and singers and always had time to socialise with us and others. The only male in the group is Jack... And what a good lad he is! Very good singer and very funny guy! Don't play him at Tennis though as he is not very good :-)
Cleaners- brilliant, friendly, we always had a lovely clean room. Towels and bins were changed twice daily.
Other bar staff- work so hard and are always asking you around the pool for drinks with a smile, lovely team.
On a whole the hotel is a high 4 star with the most amazing views and facilities. If a few of the little things were corrected then this would be a 5 star for sure. Management just need to accommodate the guests more than accommodate themselves.
We had a great time, met some great people and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the area of Tragaki, on the east coast of Zakynthos island, the newly built hotel complex Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa, occupies its own special place. The name far from random, and while beachfront, is a land 41.000 M2, full of olive trees. This Mediterranean scenery combined with the beauty of the Ionian Sea, is the visitors first impession, at the moment of arrival in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleon Grand Hotel Tragaki
- Eleon Grand Resort And Spa
- Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa Zakynthos/Tragaki, Greece