We visited this hotel as day guests, so we cannot really review things like rooms and room service. However we had the opportunity to sample the pools and restaurants as well as the general facilities of the hotel.
The hotel has one large pool (45 meters). One rarely sees such a large pool in a hotel, 25 meters is usually the norm among good pools. But this hotel has an (almost) Olympic size pool, very pleasant for swimming. There are also some smaller jacuzzi pools, some of them large enough to be used as a main pool! The pool area and the pools themselves are kept very clean, and it is very pleasant to spend time there, enjoying a drink brought by the friendly hotel staff. There is also one pool with water slides, a bit off from the main pools, which is good because water slides can get noisy. The water slides are not very big, but they are very well designed and offer a range from gentle sliding to high-speed splashes.
The hotel is on the beach and actually offers sunbeds and the like for those who want to take a sea dip. However we were so taken with the pools that we didn't take a sea dip this time, although the beach looked very nice.
The restaurant was excellent, we had lunch and dinner there. Great range of choice and food quality; the problem is that you really want to sample everything so that may not be very good for your figure! Good selection of food-time drinks as well (beer - wine - coffees etc).
The hotel itself is excellent, the grounds are extensive and well kept. The atrium / reception opens up to the pool area and overlooks the sea, which gives it an air of openness -- lovely!
A great place! We regret that we only got to stay there as day guests, we will certainly do the full package sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the area of Tragaki, on the east coast of Zakynthos island, the newly built hotel complex Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa, occupies its own special place. The name far from random, and while beachfront, is a land 41.000 M2, full of olive trees. This Mediterranean scenery combined with the beauty of the Ionian Sea, is the visitors first impession, at the moment of arrival in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleon Grand Hotel Tragaki
- Eleon Grand Resort And Spa
- Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa Zakynthos/Tragaki, Greece