“very good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kipriotis Maris

You added Kipriotis Maris to your Saves list
Kipriotis Maris
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 337, Psalidi 85300, Greece (Formerly Iberostar Kipriotis Maris)   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Psalidi
Pardessia
“very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Spacious rooms. Bathroom outdated and relatively small size of the room.Meals were a lot of products but not tasty. only the desert were good.In the evenings there were concerts of singers.very nice big pools.

Room Tip: room with balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cobham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Before I get to the hotel let me tell you again this is no longer an Iberoster. The Kipriotis group run 4 hotels all on this site now. Also why anyone built hotels in this area defeats any logic. The hotels are on the other side of a busy noisy main road from the beach. The narrow beach is all pebbles with much litter and is north facing. you can hear the noise of the road when on the beach - unless you are at a cafe when the loud music may drown it! There is no charm in the area at all - scruffy , built up adn noisy. If you do want to go to Kos island go instead to the resorts on the West coast which have beautiful sand - Tigaki, Marmari and particularly Mastichari where the tavernas sit right on the beach which is very broad and lovely sand with idyllic wclear water to swim in - and if you walk a little further along there are no buildings at all on the beach. The tavernas though provide beds and parasols as long as you buy something - very useful. The beaches the other side are lovely too e.g. Kardamena and particularly Paradise beach but nowhere as nice as Mastichari. So I say again stay away from Psaldi, Paradisi and Ayios Fokas. As for the hotel all full sea view rooms face north which some did not like as they got no sun and a bit of road noise but they are by far the best rooms and some are very big.. East facing rooms have side sea views and generally smaller. West facing rooms are big often with a double and a single bed and a huge sitting room on some floors. About 20 rooms are at the back facing south but they face the next hotel up the hill behind which is very close and coaches arrive noisily through the night and staff arrive early for work on mopeds. They are also very hot and have no view except of the exhaust of the laundry! In general the rooms are fine but as reported elsewhere some of the beds are really as hard as rock (I went with a group and some had ok beds others not). Food is as good but not better than most package hotels. Fresh fruit at breakfast and lots of basic salad at night as well as the usual hot dishes - always something reasonable. The reception staff are mixed - some nice others horrible. James the bell boy is brilliant - well done James. Also rooms spotless by diligent staff.There are no green areas for sitting out - all very concrete. Nice pools though. Drinks in bars extremely expensive - often more than twice as much as outside. So middling hotel in dreadful location is my summary

Room Tip: sea facing are best but no sun - see my review for lots of room tips
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently, here is what I remember (not that I drunk myself silly or suffer from temporary mind loss)

- Receptionist so so so condescending and RUDE
- Mouse/rodent in room (saw it and screamed)
- Small faeces littered around the room (which only came to light when rodent was seen)
- When the above was reported, receptionist seemed bothered. Oh not for us though, 'now I'll have to write a report!'
- A majority of staff are miserable and stiff-lipped (apart from Olga)
- On arrival, no information is given. You have to find out things from other guests (i.e. Dining times etc)
- One day the restaurant just closed...as in, no food at all. It started as a rumour around the pool but the staff denied knowledge. When it was apparent, we were sent to hotel next door.
- Food repetitive and not kept hot
- Beverage menu exciting, only a handful of things were All Inclusive though.

Overall, the hotel isn't that bad. Certain staff members just need to change their ways in terms of service, or be removed so that they are not customer facing. Communication with guests must improve, and the hotel must build rapport with guests in the long run. It doesn't hurt to say 'good morning' now, does it?

• Stayed October 2013
Eilat, HaDarom, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were at the hotel between 6 October and 13 October.
I want to say thank you to the only employee that gives high quality service with a smile and made our stay feel a lot better .. Nick who worked at night at the reception answered all our questions and helped us with everything we need .
You made us feel that although the service and the food is not really reached the level of five stars we have who to go to and get a smile and great service. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Corby, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I feel that the rating of this hotel has been lost in translation somewhere..

When we arrived all looked great as the grounds of the marks is quote 5 star looking. Upon getting into our "executive suite" we realised that the word "executive" just means very large because this room was massive but with nothing in it so felt quote strange to sleep in. After our 5 min walk from the door to the bed we started to hunt for the information pack that would inform us of when the restaurant was open (which you would expect from the most basic hotel) but nope not a drop of information.

After guessing the breakfast time the next morning we found that the breakfast to be spot on, everything you would really want and fresh coffee delivered to your table... very good. Unfortunately the rest of the meals became very samey after 3 days. After 4 days of eating at the maris a sign pops saying that on the 10th the maris restaurant will be closing and we must eat in the Hippocrates.... which is 4 star? Surely if they were going to close the maris(5 star) we should be redirected to the panorama (5star). Don't complain though as you don't get anywhere with the rude reception staff.

Laying by the pool in October is fine as there were plenty of sun beds and as I said the grounds were quite nice, the pool bar during the day is run by Olga the most friendly person on site, apart from the man that drives the shuttle bus during the day, a very happy man.

On the last day we were not flying out until 9pm so we decided that we would pay 30 euros for a courtesy room so we could have a shower before we went. So when we were ready we headed for a last min shower after last min sun, I turned on the shower and nothing.. not a drop of water. I went down to reception to ask what was going on only to be told that there was pipe works going on over the road and the water was shut off for the next few hours, but it was out of there hands and no compensation was available. Why did they not inform us about this when we booked the room?? That just capped it off for us really.

I won't be returning to the maris but may try the panorama if we got a cheap deal as this looked decent.

If you are going to the maris go in there thinking its a 3 star and you will be fairly happy. Oh and do try the red loft bar at the top of the panorama hotel it has stunning views with cracking cocktails..

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife have just returned from our honeymoon which we spent at Maris suites. It classes itself as 5 stars which is far from what it is. We arrived at 23:15 so all inclusive did not count we got given one drinks token for both of us to share as a gesture of goodwill, needless to say we didn't fancy sharing the one drink. We mentioned it was our honeymoon the old lady said we will be given a treat all I received from them through out our weeks stay was glares. The moment we got to our room which consisted of two single beds pushed together with rock hard mattresses we noticed a trail of ants going right through the room, I went to Hippocrates reception as Maris suites reception is never used and un staffed and the man said he would change our room but we would have to go back to our normal room in the morning, ten minutes went by and the man came to our room to inspect the ant situation and all he said is come back in the morning and we will change your room for you, we packed all our stuff again and walked to the Hippocrates reception in the rain and we was swiftly told there wasn't a chance we could swap rooms and had to deal with the matter ourselves, the next day I found loads more ants outside the room and inside the room I took a photo of them to show the receptionist (the woman who said she will give us a treat) and all she did was laugh and told me to enjoy my stay! The animation team where only seen at Hippocrates never at Maris suites, there's nothing to do at Maris suites at night but sit by the bar which isn't very entertaining to say the least. The meals where worse then what I used to eat at school and the food never changed, I asked if could eat my breakfast outside one morning and was told no outside is closed when I could see at least three other groups eating outside. If I was the owner of this hotel I would shut it down and do a major revamp not only with decorations but with staff because this is far from a 5 star hotel, I've stayed in my fair share to know the difference this is more a 3 star if that, thank you for practically ruining my honeymoon and making my dislike your country very much

• Stayed October 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The property is ideally situated and we thought should be quiet! NOT! Families letting their screaming children run ferral round the complex! (Eastern Europeans mainly)
Half an hour walk into Kos Town or the bus for 1 euro 60.
Food was terrible and the animation team - well - who employs these people?!
The plus side - Olga at the Maris Bar is an absolute dream! She is a credit to the hotel! So friendly as opposed to her colleague Lorentzio who is as miserable and unfriendly and one can get!
I do not recommend this hotel/suites/ whatever they call themselves! so confusing! not worth the money at all! in fact absolutely apauling

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kipriotis Maris? Share your experiences!