Hotel, pools and environment are beautiful and clean but there are a few points that leave a lot to be desired from a 4* point of view.
Firstly, the drinks, I couldn't drink the wine, gave me heartburn as it was so vinegary so I decided t change to cocktails, I had a mojito, which cost me 5 euros! Some cocktails at this hotel are free but not this one apparently. You can get all the ingredients on N all inclusive basis but not the drink itself?! My husband drank the lager but they give you glasses of quarter pints so you end up having to go back again and again.
Secondly, the room was clean (apart from our ant infestation which can't be helped by the hotel to be fair). We had a problem with our safe on the first day which was never resolved despite me asking reception daily and mentioning it to our rep. They did offer us a safe behind reception but who wants to go to reception every time you want something valuable ?
Food was good, a good variation each night, the Italian was great although you must get up at stupid o'clock to book it. Staff are ok, some are brilliant and really friendly, others act like you owe them a favour.
Allin all, I have been to four star places many times and I don't think this warrants the tag. Any spirits etc are so weak they might as well be water and as I said, wine is naff. Kos itself is beautiful, lots of streets and little shops/taverns (bit like Brighton) and definitely worth it. Residents at hotel were rude (majority German/Russian/french). Don't expect the etiquette of a queue to be upheld,they will push in regardless and have no regard for anyone other an themselves on the complex, the amount of times I was nearly in a bush was almost Fawlty Towers!
We won't book Kos again, that's not to we didn't enjoy it but we think we could get better value four stAr elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the east coast of the beautiful island of Kos, the birthplace of Hippocrates - Father of Medicine - directly on the beach, with magnificent views of the Aegean Sea and breathtaking surroundings, Kipriotis Village offers a great hospitality experience that can tempt even the most demanding visitor. With 3 swimming pools for adults and 2 for children, along with an enthusiastic animation team and excellent leisure facilities, Kipriotis Village provides fun and relaxing all-inclusive holidays. The resort extends over a surface of 135.000 m2 and has the flair of an ideal Aegean village, where architecture and natural beauty, functionality and spaciousness of both outdoor and indoor areas are perfectly combined. Surrounded by beautifully tended gardens it offers a multiple choice of restaurants, coffee shops and bars, as well as a wide range of excellent sport and leisure facilities, including entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kipriotis Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Kipriotis Village Hotel Psalidi
- Comfort Inn Psalidi
- Kipriotis Village Psalidi
- Kipriotis Kos Village
- Kipriotis Village Kos
- Kipriotis Village Resort Kos/Psalidi