“Dream Wedding & Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Boston
“Dream Wedding & Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

The Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso will always hold a special place in our hearts. My husband Jesse and I eloped and chose the Iberostar Grand as our wedding/honeymoon destination (wedding date: 3/6/09). We relied heavily on this forum for feedback on the Grand and it played a vital role in us choosing our wedding location last summer. All I can say is it exceeding our expectations in EVERY way and is absolute “perfection”. I can honestly say my husband and I roamed the halls of the Grand for the first day with our mouths to the floor, taken back by its detail, service, and amenities. I thought I would take a moment to write some comments and say thank you to everyone who helped make our wedding & honeymoon the best week of our life.

Check-in/Room: We were greeted like all guests upon arrival with champagne and a face towel. After a quick check-in and a golf cart ride we were shown our beautiful oceanfront room (honeymoon upgrade) in building 71. Our favorite part of the room was the balcony overlooking the ocean with a swing and a couch to lounge on. The Maid service was phenomenal and at night they would roll down the bed, draw the curtains closed, and light candles in the room for ambiance. DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS! Mini-bar was always stocked with whatever you requested, please be sure if you want to tip the butlers you give them the money directly. We were leaving tips on the counter near the refrigerator and later told that this money actually goes to the mini-bar associate.

Butler Service/Concierge- Alfonso, Pedro and Henri took care of us all week. (And Nayeli in conciege). They helped us make dinner reservations, spa appointments and helped Jesse get to the golf course on time!! A special shoutout to Alfonso for making our wedding day extra special! After having dinner at Toni’s we returned to our room decorated to perfection, rose petals everywhere, a big bubble bath and even a chocolate swam with tuxedo painted chocolate strawberries. Again – DETAILS! He went ABOVE & BEYOND the entire week. Thanks Alfonso!

Food/Pools/Service – Service around the resort was always top notch. There were definitely guests we found complaining at dinner, etc. but we just never experienced anything but exceptional service. Special thanks to Marianne at the pool, she always made sure our drinks were full! Our favorite restaurants were Toni’s Surf & Turf and the Gourmet. I am a vegetarian and they always went out of there way to make sure there was something I could eat. Be sure to try the shrimp fajitas and grilled lobster tail at La Brisa for lunch! Room service was also delicious and fast. Try the shrimp/avocado cocktail and my husband’s favorite was the filet. Beach was a little windy so we camped out by the salt-water pool for most of the day, and ventured over to the Lindo for the lazy river in the afternoon!

Entertainment – Thanks to Ruben, Eder, Fania, and Pamela and the rest of Iberostar team for keeping it fun throughout the week. Our favorite show was Boogie Nights, be sure to check it out. Special shout-out to our new friends Mimi & Danny who we met at the Grand, thanks for the tequila shots & lazy river rides!

Wedding Venue- Lastly, a special thanks to Martha, our wedding coordinator for making the day PERFECT in every way. We were married on the beach outside building 71. She worked with me for over 6 months making sure everything I requested was executed and more. She found me a bamboo/chiffon canopy for the ceremony, ensured that my flowers were just as I wanted, and made sure our photographers were taken care of throughout the day. Thank you Martha, I would recommend the Iberostar Grand in a heartbeat for anyone looking for a beautiful beach location with the personalized service of a wedding coordinator.

Thank you to everyone for making our week at the Grand memorable in every way. We can not wait to return to the Grand to celebrate our many wedding anniversaries to come!
-Kristin & Jesse

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Polish first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

This hotel has everything a 5-star hotel could offer (I even give it 6 stars): Beautiful location, exquisite decor, excellent food quality and variety, impeccable service. The all-inclusive package includes free room-service and minibar. In addition, the staff was so polite and respectful. They always stopped, smiled, and said hello acting neither aloof nor skittish. The concierges, butlers, and front desk employees were relaxed but alert and very knowledgeable.
The resort itself, although apparently at 100% capacity, never felt crowded. Wherever we chose to put our towels for the day, we never had to fight to get a chair. The beach was very well maintained, the pools were breathtaking. An active person myself, unable to sit in the sun and bake all day (although tempting), there were plenty on-site activities throughout the day and in the evening. I'm sad to admit that I was almost reluctant to leave the resort for a day-trip to the Mayan pyramids.
Overall - 6 stars: World class hotel, world class service. Thank you Iberostar for an unforgettable experience!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

We were overwhelmed with the luxurious beauty and hospitality at this resort. We had two butlers, Alfonso Gonzalez and Henri. Both were great Butlers and couldn't do enough for you. We seemed to deal more with Alfonso. He always had a smile and warm friendly greeting. We were very impressed with Alfonso and felt he went above and beyond! We got along so well with him we felt we made a friend. The two conceirge girls that we dealt with Karen and Nayeli always had a warm smile and greeting and were very accomodating as well. Everyone we encountered in building 71 was helpful and friendly. We felt like royalty the way these people treated us! We didn't want for anything and if some small thing did come up that we'd like or needed it was there in no time!
My husband celebrated his 50th birthday there and the little surprises they had for him will never be forgotten. A classy touch!
The entire resort was impressive and very clean. Everyone was extremely friendly.
The food was amazing. We had Karim a couple times as a waiter and he is very professional and friendly. We didn't spend a lot of time in the main bar by the reception but we did see why Mayo gets a lot of wonderful reviews.
The beach was gorgeous and the waiter Norberto is a gem.
Our room was stunning! The fantastic decor and huge balcony. The furniture was impressive and all the little touches made is very classy.
I can't say enough about this resort except we'll definately be going back! It will be hard to go anywhere else!!

Toronto Canada

Richard and Marilyn from Canada
We just returned from the Iberostar Paraiso Grand Hotel ( Mar 13-20 ). The name says it very well. Everything was grand! As with any experience in life people make or break any occasion. Just to name a few Leyre - Concierge Desk, Aidee - Front Desk, Pedro - Toni's Restaurant, Cristian - Entertainment Team, Laura - Continental Restaurant and Charlie at the Bistro on the Beach (order the shrimp Fajtas) or a half lobster oth are good.

From start to finish this was the best holiday we have ever taken. This was our third trip this year and our 3rd time back to Mexico in the last 5 years. The Iberostar Grand Hotel is the place we will be returning to. What a gem! They did everything right and made you feel that you were their special guest. Always friendly, joking and serving you with a smile.

There were days when we were at the pools wondering where everybody must be? Neither pool was ever busy. The beach was the same. There were no line ups for the buffets and no problems booking restaurants for any night or time we wanted. We booked all the restaurants the first day and were not disappointed in any of them We particularly enjoyed Toni's. The seafood appetizer and chocolate dessert with the tangerine sherbet were to die for so much so that we went back one more time. We also really enjoyed the Gourmet Restaurant. I loved the salmon.

Free wired internet in the rooms, you get a free code from the conceirge. Beds are comfortable and nice turn down service. Quality drinkds with Grey Goose Vodka, Bacardi Rum etc. Every bathroom was different, only time I have ever walked around photographing bathrooms.

The shows were the best we had ever seen at any resort. We really enjoyed the Boogie show and The Broadway Night.

We read several reviews saying that people are all keen on returning to the Grand and now we can't wait to go back again ourselves.

uk

stayed 14th feb 2009 to 28th feb 2009 for 25th wedding anniversary

What ca i say ! came here with high expectations after reading reviews on T.A but in reality its even better. let me explain..... Upgraded flight on First Choice Airways well worth doing as much more relaxing than 'cattle class ' ( our usual form of transport ).
On arrival at hotel after private taxi transfer taken straight to lobby bar with a warm towel for a cool drink by Antonio Banderas (? ) the bell -boy who then drove us to our ocean front room (7050 )where we met the butler Rodolpho who then checked us in (simplicity itself ), next morning we met the other butler Alex who between them made the stay so memorable especially our anniversary with champagne on ice and a bath run with petals on it.

Ok to get the niggles out of the way... Infinity pool is saltwater unlike tranquility pool which is freshwater - thats it. Now the good bits.....

Food........ tried surf and turf 4 times , gourmet twice , italian twice and room service and always very good . Buffets good for breakfast and lunch but could be better for dinner.

Entertainment........ Star Friends are so friendly and hard working , if you don't want to join inthats fine but they do at least try ask . Abig thank you to Chris , Ruben , Christian, Fania, Pamela , Noemi and Eder who between them contributed to a great stay . Evening shows in the theatre are top drawer with a great live band, live singers (no miming ) and great dancer who socialise with you berfore and after the shows.

Buildings......... INCREDIBLE that covers it all

Srevice........... Probably the one thing that really stands out. Yamilet and Christy in the Lobby Bar, the waitresses and barmen in the pool bar and all A la Carte waiters did a great job.. A big thank you to Samanya in reception who went beyond the call of duty to help out with a camera problem ( i went swimming with it the day before our anniversary and its not waterproof )

ps a big HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Karen and Jerry from Missouri who were also celebrating thier 25th wedding on the same day as us and were honoured to share the evening.

All in all an unforgettable holiday. Thank oyu Paraiso Grand

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Philly, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was back at the Grand for what was supposed to be 1 week, but turned into 11 days because I refused to leave this incredible resort. At this point, I can't imagine that people need anymore convincing about why you should stay at the Iberostar Grand if traveling to the Riviera Maya.

Just in case..... I have been fortunate enough to stay all over the Carribbean as well as Mexico. Many of these trips included some very expensive resorts in Mexico (eg, Amuleto, Esperanza, Palmilla) and depsite having paid a fraction of the price to stay at the Grand; the food, service, views from the room, and overall experience are the best I have ever experienced. While at the Grand, I had the opportunity to meet with the General Manager who is obsessed with constantly improving everything that they do, and it shows.

Butler service: Many high-end resorts will assign a personal concierge or butler that usually help you with check-in an check-out but that's about it. Not the case at the Grand where the butlers are available from 7am - 11pm working to satisfy any request and insure that everything exceeds your expectations. The butlers are extremely well trained and know how to balance providing great service without being overbearing. (Alex and Victor made my trip).
Food: The food is some of the best that I've had in all of Mexico with incredible quality, variety and quantity whether you eat at the a la carte restaraunts or the incredible buffets.
Rooms: I highly recommend the ocean front suites which are well worth the extra money. The rooms are closer to the water than most of the other hotels in the area which makes for a beautiful and relaxing view.
Overall service: From what I can tell, the Grand has set up multiple layers of redundancy to make certain that nothing falls through the cracks when it comes to service. At no point in my 11 days (or previous 3 trips) did I ask for something that wasn't promptly taken care of.

Dollar for Dollar (or Euro for Euro) the Grand is the best buy in all of the Caribbean and I plan on returning for my 5th trip before the fall.

Thank you to the wonderful staff at the Grand.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

No need to repeat all the good things that you read in the previous review. All positive...and all true.

Check in - 5*

Room - 5*

Food - 5*

Service - 5*

Entertainment - 5*

Stars friends - 5* Really, really nice...Christian, Pamela, Noemi, Eder, René...

Bartender - 5* - Mayo and Daniel at the bar beside the lobby

Golf - 5*

Don't forget to visit every washroom in the resort; you have to see them to know what I mean. Wow

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!