“Amazing resort and THE BEST SERVICE STAFF anywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Galena, Ohio
“Amazing resort and THE BEST SERVICE STAFF anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just returned last night from a fabulous week at this venue. We've been to this part of Mexico 3 times, as well as Aruba and Puerto Rico. I can say without hesitation that the staff of this resort is by far the best. We celebrated our 25th anniversary and they did so much to make it special. It was truly magical all week. And, the main gym is great as well. Ricardo is a wonderful boot camp instructor (highly recommend boot camp.....its a great overall workout). Really can't say enough about this wonderful resort. Thank you Iberostar Grand!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What an amazing hotel! I had my wedding here and it was absolutely perfect! We had 40 people come join us for our special day. First, let me tell you about the hotel specifically. When you first arrive you check in the lobby. My finance and I had an ocean view room so our check in was in our room with the butler. When we arrived we were given drinks and then brought to our room by golf cart. The man giving us a ride explained the grounds a little bit and gave us a tour. The butler also did this when we checked in our room. I recommend bringing like $50-$100 in just one dollar bills for tipping. It isn't required and we didn't do this all the time but the atm fee is ridiculous.

After we arrived we went to try to find food and nothing was open so we go a drink and waited for a restaurant to be open. We had to meet with the wedding planner and did this right away as we wanted to get it out of the way. We also had to meet with the photographer.

That evening we went to the international buffet. The food was pretty good. The cold lobster doesn't even compare to the warm lobster there. We also ate at Tony's yum, haiku pretty good and Italian which was yummy. We had a special dinner on the beach one of the nights as part of our wedding package which was very enjoyable.

One of the days we went to see what the Maya hotel had at it. I don't recommend this unless you are looking for more of a party atmosphere. The liquor isn't as good, it's more crowded and you have kids sitting at the bar instead of adults.

Just a tip- ask your butler for anything you need they are so accommodating! Also, if you need to buy anything get a golf cart ride to the shopping center things are cheaper there. Don't forget medicines though as they can be pricey still. Also note they have sunscreen for free by the pool where you can get towels.- also note they will move your stuff if you don't come back after so long.

Our room was amazing the view was beautiful, we were on the 3rd floor and we had a jacuzzi outside as well. Both of our parents got upgraded one to an ocean view and a villa. Tip- the room can be hot so make sure to ask them to set your ac to 18 if you like it cooler. Also it's a little hard to find outlets in the room there is one in the bathroom and one over the bar that work. Also wear the slippers they give you! It's very slippery otherwise. If you open the door the ac shuts off and the floor becomes and ice skating rink from condensation. Many people we know fell because the floor is marble. Another tip about the room the hair dryer isn't great and wifi goes in and out when you are in the beach front building and you can't really get it on the beach. Also be careful when you take a shower the water can get too hot and never gets really cold more like a Luke warm. Other things about the room- they have 15 different pillows so if you don't like the one they give you speak up. The beds are comfortable and the tv is in Spanish two channels in English but they offer lots of DVDs if you want to watch them at night.

Drinking Water- we were there 6 days and both of us were fine so don't worry about that! We drank both bottled and tap.

Also my friend left out her engagement ring and other valuables and they wrote a note to lock it up in the safe. We forgot to lock our safe at one point and they locked it for us. When we wanted to open it they sent a security guard over to open it and make sure nothing was missing.

Spa ---the spa was nice they don't speak great English. I went to the spa at the grand and got a facial and massage which were both great.

I went to the shopping center spa for a manicure and pedicure which I wasn't that impressed with. ( I brought my own nail polish in case my nails chipped and I'm glad I did because one did) the hair trial for the wedding was pretty but it was sooo windy my hair fell out after an hour or two. The day of the wedding I brought multiple picture of hair and make up and both turned out perfect! The biggest tip I have is make sure you have pictures or speak Spanish so they understand exactly what you want!

The shows are okay I mean they're fun but personally we were exhausted by the end of the day and went back to our room right after so we didn't get to go to the discoteca. It was nicer to go back and ask the butler to set up a jacuzzi for us and relax in that with champagne instead (but that's just me). Since we were getting married and had a ton of family to visit with and friends I only got to do the water aerobics and a couple fun games by the main pool. Make sure you know about these activities though as a lot of our family didn't when they arrive and they had more free time then us. The list isn't given to you in your room and is at the lobby or by the pool by the darts and ping pong tables.

The food- everyone has different tastes nothing wowed me but everything was good. Our wedding cake was delicious we got tres leches and the surf and turf was my favorite meal.

Drinks- be specific with what kind of liquor you want they will make it however you want it and if you don't like something don't drink it and get a new one!

The beach was nice. It was beautiful weather when we were there. We went swimming I recommend walking down a little ways before you go in the water as its a little rocky/ coral in front of the grand. It's a nice beach. There is seaweed that they rake.

Now for the wedding:

Pros

Our wedding planner was amazing. There were little things that went wrong for example they didn't have lilies that I wanted for they had roses and it worked out even better since the roses survived in the heat much better. Also we did sparklers and at first they said they couldn't do them bc of the wind but then they said they could do it worked out. Anytime anything came up the wedding planner fixed it- which was great. The day went perfectly. The photographer was great too and the pictures turned out beautifully. We got married at the beach and the sound system and minister were great. The cocktail hour was in front of the pool but it was windy so people were cool enough and the reception was inside at la brisa. The music was great we got the violinist for the cocktail hour and for the reception hired the Dj that was recommended and it worked out great. The decorations turned out beautifully. The tables and welcome tables looked amazing. Overall is was a magical experience and a wonderful day.

Cons- I'm a person who likes to always know everything that is going to happen and this was more difficult because all communication prior was done on email which was difficult. If I spoke Spanish it would have been easier however when we got there the wedding exceeded my expectations! It was so elegant!

Vacation is what you make it! Go enjoy yourself here! It's a beautiful resort!

Room Tip: Beach front!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Live like royalty and eat like royalty. We spent 10 days at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and it is by far one of the very best. Lobsters and crab legs are part of the lunch buffet every day. Also on many a la carte menus. The food is of high quality and the service impeccable. If I have to really find a negative comment : the beach is not one of my bests and the wifi could be hell depending where you are situated.

Room Tip: It was my very first time I stayed in a ground floor room and not ocean view but it was great anyway...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything about the Grand was perfect, from the barmaid,the butlers, the front desk and the maids. My daughter and I were treated excellent. Anything we needed or wanted was given to us, the staff goes above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met. We had water, ice juices and bottles delivered to our room daily, and every evening the butler would check to see if we needed any thing else for the evening. The hotel is so clean and attractive. The spa pool was so relaxing. The golf course is amazing according to my daughter. The rooms are large and spacious and well kept. The problem we found was that the fish, meat and potatoes were not hot when served, like we are used to back home, your server would go out of his way if he realized there was a problem with your food. And the other problem is with the apple rep. We told him we didn't want to go on a all day tour, so he told us he had a tour for 5 hours to go to Tulum, which left at 7:30am and would be back by !:00pm. We thought that was ideal, but after being picked up in a mini van, and spending almost 2 hour picking people at different hotels we learned that we were going to Koba and Tulum for a entire day tour. we were furious, but what could we do. So to put it lightly he lied to us. So please be careful when booking your tour. And by the way we didn't get to see that much of Tulum because it was so hot and the heat got to us.

Room Tip: WE stayed by the relaxing pool and it was very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just back after two amazing weeks, this hotel ticks all the boxes.

Food great, beach and pool area amazing. All the people who work at the hotel do an amazing job and with a smile!!!

I wish I could mention everyone in person but it would take to long. Once again thanks for another amazing stay

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A wonderful resort in Playa Del Carmen area. This place has everything you would want in an adult all inclusive. Beautiful beach, nice restaurants, large pool, plenty of drinks, friendly staff, good shows, nice golfing, etc. We are looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Oceanview is Awesome!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mokena, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We are currently here at the grand, our 3rd Iberostar, first time at the Grand Paraiso. We started out with a few issues with our room (locks were broke on the door and patio door lock was broke) it was upsetting at first but the management was very attentive to our complaints and worked dilligently to fix the problem and meet our needs. The day manger (I believe her name was ana) was so kind and very sympathetic. The staff is very well trained and mannered so they responded professionally to our frustrations. Since the issue the staff calls us daily to make sure everything meets our needs.

The resort is beautiful and the entertainment staff is quite talented and amazing, don't miss the shows, they are top notch! The resort doesn't have much night life at this property you have to travel to the kid friendly hotel for the disco, but we knew that going into this trip so wasn't any shock. There is music in the lobby bar every night, great soft music so you can still enjoy a conversation. Karoke is 3x a week at 11:30 but beware if they don't have attendance they shut it down early so be on time!!

The food was very good.... Gourmet restaurant is our favorite! The staff here goes above and beyond to make sure your needs are met. I love being able to have bottle service in our room, the butlers will try to meet your needs if all possible.

My only recommendation for the management is to give us daily activities printout in the room so we don't have to go to the lobby everyday to find out what's going on. We love the pool games but missed a few due to not getting a schedule.

5 days in and we are satisfied so hoping the next 3 days go as well.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!