“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Bartlett, Illinois
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second time to this Iberostar property, but the first time at the Grand (previously we stayed at the 'Beach' and it was nice too). The upgrade is well worth the money if you don't have kids with you and want some peace and quiet for a relaxing vacation. The staff were very friendly and there was always space at the pool to lounge all date. The pool waitresses were top notch! Only negative was that the seaweed was so thick in the ocean when we were there, we didn't want to get in. The beach was still beautiful though. My husband and I both agreed this is our best vacation yet and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I would avoid a room on the first floor is possible. The strange creatures called 'coaties'...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I visited The Grand last week and it was completely over the top!! We were totally pampered and spoiled from start to finish. From the moment we stepped into the gorgeous lobby, until we checked out, it was the most wonderful vacation we have ever had. From the employees, to the atmosphere, to the food, to the hotel itself, it was completely amazing. Numberto provided superior beach service and we were completely pleased. We will be back again when we can. If you are thinking of booking the Iberostar Grand Hotel in Playa Paraiso Mexico, just do it. You wont be sorry!

Room Tip: Book ocean front, it is awesome, especially floor 2 and 3 for stunning ocean views
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I been to this hotel already 5 times and every time I have an amazing time and almost cry when I leave.
The place is gorgeous, food is good and you can truly disconnect form reality and enjoy doing nothing more than relax.
Highly recomended!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

As I said in my title, we love this place. Now, maybe we have learned all what to do --- what rooms to get (beachfront), book restaurants early, and have fun. All of the workers - even those working on the grounds say "Buenos Dias", smile, and make you feel welcome. Of course our butlers - Victor and Charley were great - nice seeing them again along with Eder (our Star friend man) and the rest of the star friend gang - Eric, Maurio, Joel, Estefany, and Enzo (maybe I missed one). We enjoyed relaxing on the beach every day (Luis brought good Ocho Rocho drinks) and playing swimming pool volleyball in the afternoon. And, it was definitely great meeting people from all over the world at the pool bar where Alberto and Lorenzo were always so patient with the loud drinking crowd. Go, enjoy the time. For those that did not have a good experience, I am surprised. Look how many people return. We will probably go back again later this year.

Room Tip: Beachfront 2nd or 3rd level
SandalsGrandeSt.Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just got back from our trip at the Iberastar. We have been there 5 years in a row and were totally spoiled. The resort remains immaculate and the staff goes out of their way to please you. I highly recommend this resort. It's everything you want for a vacation and more!!!!

Room Tip: Does not matter where you stay. All the rooms are great. A higher room is the best.
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our stay at the Iberostar Grand was just as nice as our first visit & we can't say enough about how good the food selections were, our wonderful accommodations (ocean front room) & the beautiful grounds and pool areas - just immaculant! We only have one suggestion for a visitor, make sure you are aware of wine charges if you order from the wine stewart, we were not told here was an additional charge for the wine we chose and he gave us a receipt for the wine at our next dinner the following night! We brought this to the attention of the front desk and there were kind enough to credit us for that mishap!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

OMG plz read this review!!! I travel all over and booked this hotel after reading positive reviews on this site, 1st the hotel is so DATED and smells of a hospital from the moment you step into the lobby!!! NOBODY speaks english,the staff talks as if you can not know what they are saying, they rip you off and treat you awful if you book thru a 3rd party as hotels.com or expedia etc.. NOTHING is open at times and the staff pretend they do NOT understand you and pass you off to another, I booked and paid in advance 18k$ and was treated like I was LUCKY to be there!!! Let me say we stayed at GRAND VAELLAS same time last year and this place can not even compare!!! I am trying to check out and move there on day 2 of my 7. dead bugs in room, awful room service and cold food, dated, the info said casino NO casino, this place is like being on a Carnival Cruise ship from the 80's. Trust me if you spend a ton of $$ you should expect nothing but the best and DO NOT STAY here!!! I wish someone had posted something and If I read ONE bad review I would not have stayed here..Go next door to Belmond or Grand Vellas same catergory and price!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!