“another exellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Brooklyn, New York
“another exellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Me and my hasband stayed in Iberoatar Grand Paraiso for the 7th time, and we had an amazing time, again.Anybody who would like to have a relaxing, romantic,quet, and at the same time adventurous escape, try Iberostar Grand! Its an exeptional experience!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your 7th stay at the IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. It means a lot to us to know that you have already visited us so many times.

We are very pleased with your compliments regarding the different wonders encountered in this one destination; it is truly satisfying to know that you enjoyed a relaxing, romantic, quiet and yet adventurous vacation with us.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in this beautiful location that is your home away from home.

Kind regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Amazing experience. The staff is great. The rooms are huge, nice and very clean with a "perfect" bathroom. You will enjoy the fully loaded "free" minibar with beers, champagne, water, sodas, etc and a private personal bar with Absolut vodka and other drinks of your choice.The food is from heaven. All you can eat premium seafood, premium brands for alcoholic drinks, etc..... My tip is that it doesn't pay out to make a reservation in the theme restaurants. Food is not better that in the Buffet, service is much slower and there's nothing special with the ambiance so my tip would be to stick with the Buffet restaurants that have amazing food (octopus, sushi, sashimi, fresh salmon, seared tuna, crab, lobster, caviar almost every day).
When in the beach order a bucket of Coronas, champagne or the drink of your choice for free or sail in the catamaran or use the Kayaks. All is included. If I can I will come back!

Room Tip: Rooms to the right in the silent area or tranquility pool are recommended since there is no music or...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of our Management and our entire team we would like to thank you for your praising comments on your experience at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Your review makes us feel very proud of our service and facilities and we are very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay.

Our main goal is to fulfill any requests or wishes with great dedication to hospitality and customer satisfaction and we are glad to know that our personalized service contributed to making your stay a unique and memorable experience.

Thank you for highlighting the cleanness of our installations and our great all-inclusive facilities.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back at the Grand!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just came back. I have been to other Caribbean islands and love it, I was skeptical about my trip to Mexico. But the Iberostar Grand Paraiso really won me over. There is plenty of space that we felt like I can be away from other guests at all time. Hotel is well kept and superbly clean. The staff is wonderful and friendly, love our waiter Carlos and Asaiel. The service is amazing, nothing is impossible.
We are from NY city, and love eating well and heathy. The buffet is definitely well represented, fresh vegetables everyday, plenty of seafoods and meats, lovely cheese assortment. The out door grill at lunch time is the best, great grilled lobster, fish, lamb and steak. I love Mexican food, so Mexican night is wonderful. I found the a la cart restaurants are just ok, but I have high standard when it comes to foods.
The guests are mostly well travelers, there is always a fews that are rude and have no etiquette in a public setting, and some of those we're here. I felt sorry for the staffs who dealt with these obnoxious people. No fault to the hotel by any means. This is not a place for idiots who want to get drunk and party. Do us a favor and go some place else. We love to have fun, but there are bars and clubs in town to do that.
Over all, I love this place and will come back again. Love the ocean front room, would not do it any other way.

Room Tip: If you can, get ocean front room. Can't beat the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and the service of our dedicated staff. We always strive to make our guests feel welcome and satisfied and this is why it is motivating for us to receive such praising comments, please be sure that we will share them with our staff.

We are also glad to read that you liked our delicious and varied food.

We hope that you will not hesitate to visit us again in the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back any time!

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have just returned from our honeymoon at The Grand. From the moment we checked in with Irving we knew we were in a great resort. He answered all our questions on arrival and during our time there we found him most helpful.

Our experience was fantastic and we would highly recommend going here as a couple. Unlike the other Iberiostar resorts nearby there are no children here. There are many sunbathing options to cater for all tastes - peaceful, beachfront or fun whatever you prefer. We varied where we spent our days and really enjoyed the star friends activities when we were by the pool.

We both tried the spa - my massage with Ana was one of the best I've ever had.

Jessica was our concierge contact and did an absolutely excellent job taking care of us as well as arranging our restaurant reservations & thoughtfully helping with some birthday planning for my husband.

We enjoyed the buffet for lunch and tried all the restaurants for dinner. They were great. Our favourite was the French/Gourmet - Yum!

Overall we really enjoyed our time here & highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; we would like to thank you for sharing your review here on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for having had the opportunity to celebrate with you such an important moment as your honeymoon and your husband’s birthday.

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments about our service, we will share your compliments with our team; Irving, Ana and Jessica are going to be very happy to hear that they were part of your wellbeing and that with their genuinely kind and attentive service they helped you have a wonderful stay.

We love reading your praising comments on our restaurants; at IBEROSTAR we have a passion for gastronomy and we strive to make it one of the highlights for our guests’ experience; it is very rewarding to read that you enjoyed it.

Last but not least thank you for your nice words about our star friend’s team, it is good to read that you liked our entertainment.

We would be delighted to welcome you back at your earliest convenience.

Gaspe, QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is our second trip to the Grand Paraiso and it won't be our last!

Arrived on April 05 for 14 days (we are still here for 2 more days in Paradise)! Check-in was very fast and received the room we requested (top floor with a view on the Tranquility pool). We also e-mailed in advance our restaurant bookings for the first week and everything was confirmed by e-mail the same day!

Everything good has been said about this resort (it is starting to show it's age, but they were working all over the resort painting and repairing).

The service is fabulous...when you arrive they greet you with a: ''Welcome home!'' If you need anything, just ask and it will be delivered to your room!

I took quite a few pictures all over the resort and the staff and they asked me to post some here, there is Mirna our waitress at the Tranquility pool who works many hours 6 days a week and comes around every 15 minutes to see if everything is OK, there is also Guadalupe in the Japanese restaurant the Haiku who is an excellent waitress, Alejandra who just started a couple of months ago as a chef who is wonderful, Andrés (Star Friends) is great, Fabian who makes the best juice for breakfast. I'm sorry I can't name all the staff but everyone does an extremely good job! Bravo to all!!!!

We will return!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Our deepest desire is to guarantee the full satisfaction of our guests, that is why we greatly appreciate your encouraging review on your second stay at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

We will certainly not fail to congratulate our amazing staff for their contribution to your wellbeing while staying at our hotel; we are happy that you have recognized their attentiveness and helpfulness to make all guests feel like stars! We are sure that Mirna, Guadalupe, Alejandra, Andrés and Fabian are going to be very proud to know that they have been mentioned.

Moreover we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway, and that we were able to help you before your stay with your room request and with your restaurant reservations.

It is good to know that you saw that we are continuously working on improving and preserving the beauty of our hotel; thank you for pointing it out.

Once more, thank you for your return visit and for your praising review; we hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel has an overwhelming character and it flows throughout everything at the property. The staff are excellent.

The beach is okay mainly because swimming at the beach right in front of the hotel is not possible because of large rocks. The guys who run the jet skis tend to get a bit too close as well which is a bit annoying. The beaches at the adjoining property is good and if you're staying at the Grand Hotel then you can pretty much go to any other property.

Room Tip: Stay away from the dive club. They tend to send out divers even if the weather conditions are not s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the honor of hosting your vacations and for taking the time to share your review of our Hotel IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our staff service and the beautiful beach of our sister properties.

In regards to your comments on the jet skis please know that your safety and your relaxation are the most important issues for us, as it is a federal area we cannot control its use from the external company that rent the jet skis. However you can be certain that we are working on it and we have already sent a request to the Harbormaster of the area asking for more surveillance of the swimming area of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to this your home away from home: IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Kind regards,

Quality manager
Blaine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I read a ton of the reviews here and was really excited for our 5 day stay in oceanfront building #70.

Positives: excellent resort grounds/architecture, great pool and beach, nice rooms, excellent service

Negatives: the food couldn't have been more than 2.5 stars out of 5. I was not expecting the best meals of my life...for example, it would be unfair to compare the best steakhouse in a large city (Mannys, Ruth Chris, Capital grille, etc) to the steakhouse here. I understand that concept and had reasonable expectations.

We're talking worse than grocery store choice cuts of steak and gritty/fishy lobster. Nearly everyone says in their reviews that the food is amazing, but their experiences with food must be limited. Nearly every cruise we've been on (4 of them) has had better food than Iberostar Grand. We ate room service, buffets for breakfast and lunch, off the menu for lunch, and french, surf and turf twice, and Japanese dinners.

My wife and I were disappointed at every meal except for the international buffet on Wednesday night. I could make better breakfasts, lunches, and dinner items myself and I'm not a trained chef. We have stayed at the Valentin a few resorts north in the Riviera Maya and their food was decent compared to Iberostar grand. I can't imagine what the "lesser" Iberostar properties food tasted like.....

I believe it's a quantity vs quality issue. They have a very large quantity of items, but none of them taste right including simple items like fruit!

Overall, we had a great vacation as there were many positives, but for $700 a night, I expected closer to 4 star (of 5) caliber food to say the least especially with all the positive feedback here.

We will not be returning anytime soon to the grand and will be going back to cruising for the next few vacations.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the honor to host your vacations and for taking the time to share your recent experience at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Your evaluation is of special importance to us as you have the opportunity to compare our property and services with other properties around the area. We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team and no doubt will they be motivated by your kind words.

We are most concerned to read your review about your disappointments. We regret that the food did not correspond to your expectations and to the experiences lived by other guests, which have been mostly very positive and enjoyable. Please rest assured that we read all reviews on Trip Advisor and that we report every comment, feedback or suggestion as we continuously strive to improve in every area.

Our main goal is to offer our guests with a unique and special experience where dishes are prepared at the moment so we can provide freshness and quality along with a personalized service.

We hope to have another chance to host you as we are sure you would be able to notice our improvements, thank you once again for your detailed feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!