“7th Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“7th Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Yet again... the perfect vacation...
This was not our first, not our second... but our 7th visit to this little bit of heaven.

Plane landed at 10:30 am and had our first drink in hand at 11:58 am.... and it was amazing for the next 10 days.

At arrival we were greeted by Laura who remembered us from past visits, our room would be ready shortly and to go have lunch and then on the way there, our previous pool waitress Leticia, noticed us from a distance and literally ran over to hug us and say hello.

Hands down the people that work here are the absolute best at their jobs. The reason they are still here working is because they are good and the Iberostar values that. Our friend Eder, still in charge of the Star Friends, our lovely Olivia still making the best omelletes ever, Hugo, now a head waiter, ever attentive and warm. Ricardo and Oscar the deliteful bell staff that are the start and end to the best of vacations....And some new, and wonderful additions, Chris and Andy the star friends that kept us entertained and amused, Darwin and Leticia wait staff in the dining rooms that were gracious and attentive.

One thing we noticed was what we thought impossible, the food - better even than before, we have loved the food always but it even got better - our ranking favorites Italian, Gourmet, Surf n Turf, Japanese... must haves in the same order - Lobster Risotto , Cheese Souflee, Moulton chocolate cake, Bananas Tempura.

We met so many new friends - Hi to Richard, Marilyn, Brenda and Rick - see you all soon...we all had some very fun afternoons at the pool with loads of the other guests all friendly and fun.

Yes this resort is adult only, and no its not the hot spot for night life, but you don't want for good times - there is plenty to do sun up to sunset... and there is music and shows and kariokee, so no you won't be bored - in fact I guarentee you will be exhausted !!

There were a few annoying folk there playing the towel game, got heated even a few times and the towel staff actually had to step in and they finally started to remove unattended towels so that chairs were freed up as they should be... this happens at every resort, you just need to play fair and nice... yes get up early to get a chair... but then BE ON IT, don't assume its yours all day - its not...

Anyway we will be back - this Christmas to be exact... this resort lives up to its ratings and truly is GRAND PARADISE...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our gratitude for your kind review regarding your recent stay at our hotel IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

We put great emphasis on providing first-class accommodation, with genuine warm service and ensuring that you are treated to the finest food and beverages. Your specific mention to our facilities, restaurants, quality of food, and service given Staff will go a far way in encouraging our team.
Our pool concierge are always at the guest service to provide special attention on the pool and beach areas, they are more than glad to assist our guest to find a sun chair.

Once again thank you for your kind review. We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso soon.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at The Grand. I have stayed at a few all-inclusives and this one is in the top three. From the moment I checked in, everyone was great. There is one exception that I'll mention later. The bell boys/transporters were fantastic. They reminded me of the people I've met at other all-inclusives. They remembered your name. Other than this staff and my butler, I can't say that any other staff remembered our group. I only stayed four nights, perhaps that's why. The butler service is amazing- it's included for ever room! This I've never experienced before. The room was so beautiful, and the swing on the balcony- heaven. Your beds (and pillow menu) rise above and beyond. I slept like a baby every night. Food- was good. Not super impressive, not bad. They do an excellent job with beef. Love they're steaks. The best meal we are was the Italian. We went there for a post wedding meal. The ambiance was everything the bride and groom could have wanted. The main pool was a bit cold, and hot tub not really as hit as I am used to. But if you jumped in the pool then in the hot tub, it worked perfectly. We spent many a sunset in the hot tub. Loved the beach and ocean (although there could be more chairs on the beach). By 9 am there were mostly ever chair accounted for with people's personal belongings but perhaps weren't there to enjoy the beach for several hours. Wish this "saving of seats" was not allowed, but you run into this at every resort I feel.
My friends got married there- you guys could not have put on a more perfect wedding. It was everything they'd hoped it would be. And as a wedding guest, far exceeded any expectation I had. Amazing! Well done! Thank you for making my friends day unforgettable. There was a problem with the minister (she was in an accident) and Anna- who is responsible for all the incredible things that happened that day, found a replacement in record time and everything was beyond perfect.
My only real complaint has to do with an employee named Eusebio. He was unprofessional and rude. At lunch he asked if we needed four chairs after I said three. He said because you are big. I am a larger girl and could totally stand to loose some weight- but I don't intend to be told that I am so fat that I need another chair for lunch. He laugh about it, then when I told home he was rude, and explained what he said to my friends, he laughed again. Not acceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge your recent experience with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: beautiful room, the bed and pillows, the beach and specially our friendly and efficient staff, the wedding coordinator Anna and other staff. We are proud of creating memories that last a lifetime, give unforgettable experiences to our guests and pleased to see that we have reached our goal. It is always motivating for the staff to receive comments like yours, please be sure that we will share them with them.

On behalf of Iberostar Grand Paraiso we want to offer you a sincere apology for the inconvenience with the waiter and his disrespectful attitude. This was very surprising to us, since these are precisely the points that guests usually praise the most and consider being our biggest assets. This will be reviewed with management.

Either wise we have noted your comments and we are truly sorry that you were not happy with the food quality; our main goal is to offer our guests with a unique and special experience where dishes are prepared at the moment so we can provide freshness and quality along with a personalized service. We have already shared your feedback with our Executive chef for his consideration as his continuous strive to offer the best quality.

Regarding the sun lounges, in order to solve this situation we have assigned a Pool Concierge supervisor who takes care of the area and assist our guests to find a nice spot and to try to aware people about reserving sun chairs.

Once more, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand!

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is perfection. From check in to check out every aspect was excellent. The service is the best I have experienced anywhere. They truly go above and beyond to help with whatever you can think of. Thank you Jose for your service, you are truly a gem!! The food was delicious and they are so accommodating to whatever you need. We really had an excellent trip. Lots of R and R and if you want activities to do there are some things to do on site. However, if you are looking for a place to party and close access to bars and nightlife, this is not the place. Shuttle to Playa del carmen was nice and convenient. They pick and drop off in front to the Lindo lobby. We were also happy to find that there was a Catholic mass in the chapel on the grounds. We enjoyed the bilingual service. We will most definitely be back again. Thank you Iberostar Grand Paraiso Staff for a wonderful getaway!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are amazing.
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your loyalty towards our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had a great time and that our kind staff worked to their best.

It is good to know that during you stay you had the opportunity to enjoy different aspects of our hotel, like the entertainment and the gastronomy we offer, these are some of the main pillars of our organization; to read that we fulfilled you expectations is the best award we can get.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Love the hotel, great activities, great amenities, and food was good. The hotel room was always clean, turn down service was cute with notes and sweets. The butler service was on point, they were always able to do what we asked for. We were able to reserve restaurants without problems.

Overall the best trip, best honeymoon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback posted on Trip Advisor and for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion, your honeymoon!

It is a great pleasure to hear that we have been able to fulfill your dreams with the highest levels of comfort, attention to detail, great entertainment, delicious cuisine and quality of our exclusive services.

We appreciate the highlight on the butler’s service.

Once again thank you for your nice review, we hope to have the honor of welcoming you again at you home away from home: Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Grand Paraiso from 2/8 until 2/15. The purpose of our trip was to compare the this resort to The Grand in the Dominican Republic where we have stayed for the last five years. The bottom line was they are probably the #1 and #2 All-Inclusive Resorts in the world! Which one is better? It's your guess.

Check in was smooth and professional. We were met by Samanya at Reception. She gave us the best smile and welcomed us like we were old friends. She also ordered us a cold drink to enjoy while we were checking in and checked back with us during our stay to make sure that everything was O.K. I have never seen that before!

First of all, the resort was absolutely beautiful! The staff is constantly working to keep everything at this resort new and kept up to the standards of The Grand Collection of Iberostar. Many thanks to the administrative staff that impacted our stay so much. Gabriel Rodriguez and Rafael Carmona, Raul Perez and of course our awesome butler Charly were so on point with everything we needed. Your attention to detail made our stay!

I also have to thank our new friends that we met the first day Frederico, Ron and John were great golf partners and their wives were awesome to meet. These guys have game both on the course and off! Can't wait to see you all again next year.

The Rooms were very nice and everything was comfortable like your own home. The king size bed was a dream to sleep on and the bathroom was squeaky clean when we moved in as well as every other day we returned from the beach and pool. We did get an upgrade to Suite #7506 and it is recommended to anyone that wants to spare no expense for the PERFECT vacation or to celebrate a special occasion like we did.

The Service was second to none and I guess that this is why we have been such supporters of The Iberostar chain. The motto is "if you don't ask for it, how can we give it to you"? Please believe this and many other people at the resort we spoke to swear by it. Tipping is not mandatory but these hard working people appreciate whatever you can give them because in many cases, they do not make a lot of money. Does this effect the service to you? NO!

The Food & Drinks were #1 in my book. Premium drinks and awesome food in all of the restaurants and buffets at all times of the day. I didn't hear many complaints while talking to people on the resort.

The Salt Water Pool is very different but nice. The water could have been warmer but the hot Mexican sun does tend to keep things comfortable. The hot tubs at each corner of the main pool definitely could have been AT LEAST a few degrees warmer but that's my only con in this review. Humberto, Lorenzo, Alberto and Roberto were the best bartenders at the swim up bar. Always a smile when they serve you and they know how to make some great drinks!

The beach was nice and maintained every day by the staff and you could see that every bit of seaweed was being picked up early in the morning before most guests arrive. The water was colorful with blues and greens and inviting to take a swim but there were a lot of rocks at ocean's edge unlike Bavaro Beach in the Dominican Republic. Best beach, water and swimming in the world!

I heard a lot of complaints about "Chair savers". It is true that people get up way too early to save chairs for the latter time of day when the swim up bar is rocking and the sun shines directly onto the area of the loungers that surround the swim-up bar. A funny story we shared is we put our towels and bags down after two people left their loungers in mid afternoon. We went to the ocean and took a swim and returned to enjoy the pool and we actually had a ticket on our stuff warning us about the resort's policy on chair saving. Ironic but I guess that someone is trying to do something to make it better for guests.

Overall, this resort is being touted "The best All-Inclusive Resort in the world" and it is! Don't hesitate when you think about booking this one. There is no doubt that you will pay a little more but you will also get a lot more once you arrive. I think that's the bottom line when you are on vacation.

Room Tip: An upgrade is very nice for an special occasion either to ocean front on the upper levels ONLY or in...
Dear guest,

Thank you for your generous review shared on this website. On behalf of our Management and staff we want to say it was a great honor to have served you.

We appreciate your kind words as it pertained to our beautiful rooms, food, beverages, pool and Beach. We were happy to learn that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service. It is always a great motivation for us to receive such positive compliments like yours, and also to hear we have been able to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Our main goal is to fulfill any requests or wishes with great dedication to hospitality and customer satisfaction and we are glad to know that the personalized service of our staff contributed to your unique and memorable experience at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Thank you for your visit and for having the plan of going to Iberostar hotels. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Iberostar Grand
conn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

OUr second visit to the Grand, I have to say if your a golfer and like good food and wine this is your place. As others have stated you have to get up early or on your way to breakfast put a towel and book on chairs by the pool. If you golf and get back around noon and have not resereved a spot it will be challanging. Overall it's a great spot if you can go for the ocean front room.

Room Tip: We always ask for an upper floor so the veiw is not blocked by palm trees.
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers, we are pleased to read that it was your second time in our hotel, we really appreciate your loyalty.

It is good to know that you enjoyed playing golf, this is one of our main complex attractions. Furthermore we are glad to see that you liked our cuisine and also the variety of beverage we offer.

Regarding your review about being a little difficult to find a place in the pool area, we would like to clarify that we have pool concierges that would be pleased to assist you to find a great place whenever to may need it.

On behalf of all our team we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you in the near future.

Sarnia, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had one fabulous week at this all adult, all inclusive resort. The staff was so helpful and friendly. We felt we had met new friends throughout the week's stay there. The food for every meal was excellent with a great variety of choices and the presentation was worth taking numerous pictures for our memories. Our room was always spotless and very spacious and quiet. It was our first time at any Iberostar, and i'm sure we will return to Cancun or other Iberostar resorts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We are delighted to know that our staff contributed to make you have a great time during the week you stayed with us.

In addition we are glad to hear how much you have enjoyed the food variety and the presentation of the gastronomy we offer. Also it is good to read that you noticed that we always try to maintain the room cleanness at all moment.

Kind regards,

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!