“Service BEYOND expectations!!! (July 19-27)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carr. Chetumal-Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Playa Paraiso
Houston, Texas, United States
“Service BEYOND expectations!!! (July 19-27)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Service, service, service!!! The Grand is hard to compare to any other resort in the area. We've stayed at a Karisma Azul Fives, Barcelo, and Catalonia Royal Tulum and all are within close range to the proximity of this resort. While each had unique qualities that made them special, if you need a true break from the reality of doing it all yourself, then this is the place. You don't have to do anything, they do it ALL for you.

I could repeat everything you're going to read, but I'm just going to give you some highlights.

True story. First night we arrived, (free upgrade to oceanfront view) we were in such a hurry to get to dinner that we not only forgot our key, but also what our room number was. I'm not sure we even looked to be honest because we were in such awe and excited to be there. There were a host of staff that was more than willing to help us figure out where we belonged. After driving us around in the cart and finally figuring out we were in building 70, Gonzalo, our personal butler, more than obligingly led us to our room. This happened two other times. We forgot our keys, not our room location and number and each time, he was welcoming and made it a point not to make fun of us too much!!!

The second night, he made sure my husband and I had our favorite bottle of adult beverages. Top shelf beverages, I might add.

The third night, we had a wonderful bubble bath with roses petals strewn all over the room waiting for us after dinner.

I could go on and on about Gonzalo, but wait there's more.

Thank you for making our breakfast and lunch a bright spot everyday Jorge. You are a quality person. Eduardo, you are an amazing teacher and made us feel special every night. Darwin, you make the best Mayan coffee and have the most beautiful smile. Alidia, our beautiful concierge, you were so patient and accommodating with every request. Jenny from Germany, your personality, smiles and hugs made my day and are invaluable addition to the recreation staff.

There are so many more to name, but every person we came in contact there is just quality.

The tranquility pool at the main spa was my favorite place to start my day. The main spa is at the shopping center and every staff member there deserves a shout out. Well done. I would first float on my back at the pool for about an hour while listening to Enya and other relaxing music that was played in that area. Then I would move on to the wet steam room and the four different Roman baths. Yes, I said four. (There's a dry steam room too, but I prefer wet).
There's a juice bar there and I recommend the pineapple/cucumber juice.

While the Azul Fives Spa is a much newer, more aesthetically pleasing and it also offered a larger number of treatments, The Grand is only somewhat of a letdown in those areas. It's still very nice. The Azul Fives does NOT have the Roman baths or tranquility pool. This was huge for me.

The beach in front of building 70 is amazing. Look at the photos. Very good beverage service.

We didn't spend much time at the big pool, but my husband played a game of water polo and had a blast. There are lots of activities going on. If you want something to do, you'll find it there.
We hung out at the beach reading most of the time.

The hotel photos of the room don't do it justice. We've stayed at some fancy hotels and this is right on the money. The beds are VERY comfortable compared with the other resorts in the are. They offer a "pillow menu." I believe there are 14 different choices you have. Yep. That's incredible. I fell asleep twice in the outdoor swing and on the outdoor bed. Every room has one no matter if you're oceanfront or garden view. Amazing.

The cleaning staff is amazing. Thank you Olivia. You are a sweetie!!!

Our favorite restaurant was the French gourmet. Get the fried Brie, Lobster and Mayan coffee. The Pate is excellent also. We ate there twice. The Surf and Turf was our next favorite. Get the seafood medley. The Italian was good and the Haiku was our least favorite because I think we're spoiled in our area with great Japanese hibachi and sushi, but it was still pretty good.

We ate at the buffet several times because it was convenient and very good. Breakfast, lunch and dinner leaves nothing to be desired and make sure you don't schedule dinner at a restaurant on International Cuisine night.

Azul Fives has the better restaurants, but they don't do the volume or quantity that The Grand does. So, you can't compare apples to oranges. The Grand does the best bulk I've ever had. LOL!

The shows were OK. They have some great singers and a wonderful magician. The Mexican night was fascinating with an abundance of Mayan history, which I love because I teach it. Casino night was good. The dealers are patient teachers.

The bar in the lobby is the BEST. Karaoke night is a blast. Even the cigar lounge is quite nice.We went across to the bar at the Mayan next door and it's filled with small kids. Don't go if you're looking for a kid free night. Just go to take pics. We went over to the disco because we needed to use the ATM one night. We didn't get to go inside, but it looks like mostly a late teens and 20's crowd. Not appealing to me in the least at this point. It would be nice if The Grand had their own smaller disco that was separate from their other resorts. I'm not complaining though.

If I left anything or anyone out, forgive me. Like I said, overall this is about the service. You can't go wrong here. I'm posting a few pics for you curious viewers.

By far, for the money and what you get, this is so far the best I've ever had. Till we meet again. Hasta luego.

Room Tip: Oceanfront Building 70 has the best beach and a wonderful staff. I'm sure they're all wonder...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review shared on this website. On behalf of our Management and staff we would like to say that it was a great honor to serve you.

We appreciate your kind words pertaining to our rooms, food, beverages, service, pool and Beach. It was also delightful to hear that you tried the Butler service; we will certainly pass your kind comments on to Gonzalo. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests.

We do our best to create memories that last a lifetime so we are very pleased to see that we have reached our goal.

We look forward to hosting you again at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso: your home away from home.

3,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Polish first
New York City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm not exactly sure where to begin to describe the excellent service and upgrades we received during our trip, but I will try to hit on the main points.
Our trip was from July 20 -27, 2013.
We booked our vacation through www.Tripguy.com and this was the #1 best decision we made in deciding to go back to Mexico. Before I contacted Tripguy I did some pricing for the hotel and airfares. When I got the quote from Tripguy for the entire package it was about 20% cheaper than I could do on my own - and also BETTER! Mitch (our agent) was able to get us premier (business/first) class on flight only $10 more per person. (I wouldn’t even have looked at premier/first class tickets in my own searching). He also arranged for a PRIVATE round trip transfers in a Lincoln Navigator to the resort, which was much better than being crammed into a minivan with other vacationers and being delayed as you make multiple stops.
I also have to mention that I hate flying into Cancun airport. You are harassed and annoyed by dozens of agents and porters trying to score a tip by carrying your bags or booking an excursion. The only negative is that the agency was holding a sign with our names and told us to walk down a bit further to our travel agent section. When they did this she asked a porter to take our bags just to walk us 50 feet. Why? We did so well avoiding them and handled our wheeled luggage fine. There was also a bit of a wait for our transportation.
We arrived at the resort and were taken care of promptly. We arrived early on a Saturday (around 10:30am). The front desk agent asked if we were celebrating anything special and I mentioned that it was my birthday during the week. He informs us that because it’s a special occasion they are going to upgrade us to an Ocean Front suite (Building 70) from our booked Std Room. We were very happy about this! I’m not sure what made him offer us the upgrade for sure, but I am convinced that booking through a travel agent that sends many clients to their resort had more to do with the better service then the fact it was my birthday. It make sense right? As a hotel/resort wouldn’t you want to try to please the agencies that work with you on a daily basis booking trips over a one-off traveler booking on his own? We also saw many people staying in standard rooms so not everyone got this perk.
I have to say I love the beaches in the Mexico -white sands and clear waters. This beach does have some rocks in sections, but it wasn’t packed and it was easy to find a nice spot and chairs.
Our room wasn’t ready right away but they invited us to have lunch in the meantime and informed us it should be ready early (normal check in is 3pm – we got the room by noon. We also were allowed a later checkout 2:30pm). Walking through you can see the resort is well maintained and all the staff are friendly “Hola!”. After lunch we go back to the front desk and our room is ready. The front porter takes our bags and us by golf cart pointing out points of interest throughout the resort. Getting to our room is a bit of a whirlwind. After the porter leaves then the butler arrives asking if we need anything. We requested a bottle of Don Julio tequila in the room (when in Mexico…). Another staff member arrives with fresh fruit and plates. Another staff comes to check our mini bar is stocked and see if we need anything else. Everyone leaves and 15 min later a new guy is there with fulfilling our request for a full bottle of Don Julio. Wow – is this a dream? The rest of the trip was the same way with exemplary service throughout from the waiters/waitressed at the beach, pool and dinner to the Star Friends. These people want to make sure you have everything and are having a good time without a doubt.
Overall I found the food to be very good with some items being exceptionally great. Lobster at every meal – I got a chuckle at the decadence of that notion. They always had a variety of fresh fruit and my wife particularly loved the mangos (in season). They had a fresh juice bar in the spa (which hardly anyone used – I guess too busy drinking the top shelf liquor) – it would have been nice if they had leafy greens to add to the fresh made juice (kale, spinach, parsley). I guess if more people took advantage of it. Meat and seafood eaters will always find something good at every meal. My only criticism is sometimes items were over cooked. But overall this is some of the best food I had at an all-inclusive. The buffet was better than the al a carte restaurants – we even cancelled our reservation at the Italian restaurant since many of those items made an appearance at the buffet. Don’t stress getting in any of the restaurants unless you prefer sit down service for dinner.
The nightly shows were fun and imaginative especially the Rock Show and Boogie Nights, but they had a different one each night of the week. The pool party was very festive and fun.
I know the subject at tipping at all-inclusives is a bit controversial. I tipped – especially at the bars and for exceptional waiter service. Sometimes you don’t have cash on you, like at beach or pool and missed an opportunity to tip - It never affected service, but I always tried to remember the individuals that were standouts. The butler was great at check in and I tipped in advance in case we needed anything (besides the Don Julio). We called the butler line and we always wound up with one of the ladies at the concierge desk – they took care of our requests. Where were the butlers? We never really used their services and there were so many others picking up the slack.
There were some minor complaints about the room like the shower that doesn’t maintain a consistent temperature and a door lock that took a few tries, but it’s hard to complain with a free upgrade. It’s just the resort showing a bit of its age. We also had to call about the AC which was great after the 1st day, but at night the temperature creeped up a bit no matter the setting.
I booked a massage at the spa, but I found their services to be overpriced. $185 for a 60 min massage seemed high to me, but they had a special at $130. Because it was a promotion they didn’t accept my $50 credit (another perk from the travel agent btw). It was my birthday – I splurged. Go to Playa Del Carmen where you will be harassed to no end to get an inexpensive massage at 1/3 the price – not sure about that since I didn’t get one.
Many of the reviews already discuss the food and there are many sources to find specifics. A vacation is what you make of it and if you go there with unrealistic expectations then there is bound to be some disappointment. Any issues we experienced were very minor – I put them in so perhaps the hotel can improve their already excellent service. If you are thinking of coming here then DO!
My #1 piece of advice – use a travel agency (I recommend Tripguy, but I am biased by an outstanding experience!) I believe you will get better service and upgrades if available.

Room Tip: Beach front is nice - Building 70 seemed nicer than 71.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We are very pleased to hear you really enjoyed our grounds and were impressed with the service provided by our team; we will certainly share your feedback with our staff so we may continue to enhance our offerings and service delivery at the hotel. Regarding the butler service, please let us inform you that concierge and butler work together as part of the Public Relations Department; our butlers are the ones who take personalized care of your needs through full communication with your concierge.

Concerning the Spa treatments we will give your comments to our Spa department, however we would like to clarify that promotions are not cumulative; we thank you for your understanding.

We do really appreciate your feedback it helps us improve on a daily basis.

We hope you give us the opportunity to be your hosts again the next time you are thinking on visiting the Riviera Maya.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived on July 20, 2013, for our 2nd stay at this posh hotel that is all-inclusive and for "adults only". Our initial trip in July 2011 was amazing and wonderful, which was why we returned.
The service employees of this hotel are wonderful and so friendly, from the maid service, food servers, towel hut, bar tenders, butler, etc. The pools are great, one is salt water and the other is fresh water.
The disappointment came in the actual hotel grounds. The foilage is overgrown now and feels like a jungle, which of course causes "LOTS" of mosquito's, even during daylight hours. Makes the tranquility pool not so much fun since it is surrounded with grass and trees, which by the way they mow during daylight hours when you are in the pool. Grass and insects fly everywhere! Beach huts are falling down and rather than fixing them, they are taped off using caution tape. There is only a small area to enter the ocean that is not rock and there is still beds of sea grass that you have to walk thru to get into the ocean. The other resorts in this complex have clear access to the ocean without walking around rock.
Three times during the week, other people with children walked into the pool area without being stopped and wandered around without no one noticing. Remember "adults only"! We also heard others talking at dinner that they lied about their kids ages and were indeed NOT 18, but 16 and were allowed access. Is it not someone's job to verify this info? The buildings need some touchup, as the salt air has taken its toll on them.
The evening shows are OK. If you have seen them once at any Iberostar hotel, then you have seen them. Maybe need to add a little more variety.
Again, the worker bee's at this resort are just wonderful people working hard to please you and they do a fine job, but the physical resort needs some TLC.
On another note, if you booked thru Apple Vacations, and need to locate the rep, good luck! If he shows up timely and stays the entire 2 hours, or better yet shows up at all, feel lucky! We finally had to call for him, and he walked in 40 minutes late, and was less than receptive. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will not waste my time walking back and forth from the beach trying to locate this guy, rather book all trips using the locals. Much nicer to deal with and appreciate you spending money with them.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for the second time, that means a lot to us. We highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and are honored to have had the opportunity to serve you.

We are glad to know that you have spent a great time at the Grand Hotel, we recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests so they will be congratulated for a job well done.

On the other hand it remains in us the concern that some of your expectations were not fulfilled. We have a complete program for pest control and fumigation throughout all the hotel areas because the hotel is located in a tropical area and sometimes it is difficult to control nature. However, this will be shared with our Common Areas Director.

Concerning the beach, unfortunately we are not able for make any changes it is government property and also a protected area. However, if you walk towards the left, the rest of the beach has many rock free areas.

Regarding the children allowed over the hotel, we are very surprised as we check guests age through their identification documents (passport), handed at the time of check-in. If you see any children visiting the property please do notify any member of our staff.

All of your comments are sent to each Department Head and the Hotel Directors, so please rest assured that they are taken into account and instructions are given to staff for improvements.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back soon and trust you will not hesitate to return.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This Hotel is the total package. This is a beautiful Hotel with beautiful grounds. Very clean, service was wonderful, great food, 3 nice pools. Looks like a palace and you will feel like a Queen or King while you are here. It was an amazing vacation, and I would go back again. The only thing that I would suggest to the hotel, is that they may want to work on, cosmetic up keep. The hotel is getting a little older and starting to show some wear and tear, they need to fix the little things that need fixing, and continue to keep up on the maintenance of this hotel, It is still a wonderful place, but, if they don't, do this soon, it won't be as amazing and it won't be worth the price any more.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

No doubt will our team be motivated by your generous compliments. We appreciate the time that you have taken as well to make constructive comments, your suggestions have been duly noted and we assure you that we will take actions. We are committed to listening to our guests and be constantly trying to improve our services.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Grand Paraiso!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I originally reserved our vacation at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya but were offered an upgrade to the Grand Hotel Paraiso upon arrival to the hotel from the airport. At $25 per person per night (a limited time offer), we thought it was a steal of a deal. Staying at the premium hotel allowed us no limits and we could enjoy the amenities at any of the five resorts on site. We quickly realized that everything was so much better at the Grand Paraiso so that’s where we were at for most of our stay.

Without a doubt, the Iberostar Grand Paraiso Hotel is a true 5-star hotel, but not without its criticisms and room for improvement. Our first impression of the hotel was that the décor is a bit dirty and antiquated. The main lobby has a lot of fake looking gold-painted “boobs” on the wall, and dusty blown glass hanging from the ceiling. There’s a lot of worn carpeting in various areas too. It’s time for some needed renovations. Apart from that the grounds were spectacular – well-kept gardens and paths, lovely ceilings and beautiful cool marble floors.

The décor in the room is as antiquated as some areas of the lobby - heavy drapes and bedspreads. Dingy colors – a lot of reds, oranges, and yellows - filthy pillows that you quickly throw in a corner of the room for the week. Even the hot/cold water faucet knobs look like something you’d find in a bathtub from the 70’s with the fancy C and F for hot and cold. It would be so much better if a lot of that were modernized. Then again it might be what some people look for.

The buildings are wonderful in their design, very stunning to look at as you walk through the grounds, or on the beach. One criticism: it’s time to change the color from the drab yellow-white to something a little more lively. How about light-blue & white! That would be so much more pleasant to look at.

Apart from these minor criticisms, the hotel is really almost perfect. The wristbands, which are almost transparent for guests of the Grand Paraiso, save you from having a tan line on your wrist. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. You can stay online the whole time you’re on holiday to keep up with friends, family, and work while you’re away.

There are beautiful Michelangelo style frescos on the ceilings and comfortable couches to sit on in areas right outside of the rooms. The areas connecting the rooms are air conditioned, so you’re walking indoors for the most part. Everything is within close walking distance. It took us only a few seconds to walk from our room to the buffet, and only a few minutes to the lobby. There are shuttles that take you around to the other hotel lobbies whenever you want to go. You never have to wait for anything. There’s a shopping center, a bar at the Paraiso Maya that is a full-size replica of a Mayan temple, and beautiful warmly lit paths with emerald green colored water fountains at the Paraiso Lindo.

The food at the buffet was amazing. There was freshly squeezed fruit juice of every kind, at all times. Freshly baked croissants, pain au chocolat, fresh fruit including mangos, fresh figs (!!), everything you could ever want. There was smoked salmon, and pickled herring. They had these amazing poached-eggs on French-toast creations which were perfect for breakfast. I had two cappuccinos at every meal, the best ever. Everything was well done. Again my only criticism about the buffet, the décor – time for an upgrade – hanging drapes and drab curtains in various areas but there was so much to make up for it.

Hotel staff were incredibly friendly and involved – always smiling, always cheerful, happy to serve. We had Olivia greet us on our first day there and every day we had someone come and introduce themselves to us to let us know of events and activities that were happening at the resort. We got to know Bachir, Jenny, and Andre from “Star Friends”, who made us feel welcome every time they saw us… calling our names out with a big smile.

The beach was beautiful – and the nicest that I’ve ever been to in the Riviera Maya. Soft rolling waves and crystal clear water. Clean white sand. We had a butler on the beach that regularly came around offering everything from drinks, to cold wet towels. Having a bottomless bucket of ice for your drinks at the beach is something I’ve never experienced before and it really makes a difference. It was WONDERFUL.

We walked north to the other Iberostar hotel beaches right next door to us, the Paraiso Maya, Lindo, Beach, and Del-Mar. Unbelievably crowded, and with kids everywhere. We didn’t stay there long – we returned to our quiet beach at the Grand Hotel Paraiso. There was never a problem finding a spot – at one point we had two umbrellas at the same time. Some had big soft beach beds, some covered, some uncovered. Other umbrellas had big comfortable beach chairs. There was variety to choose from.

No towel cards (!) which was a first for me. You simply went to the counter, at the beach house, or even at your concierge, and asked for a towel. You could even leave it at the beach or at the pool. No harm done. It was one less thing to carry around and worry about, and no fear of penalty for a lost towel card. There weren’t any! I wonder if it was the same at the other four hotels.

The rooms had everything you needed. The safe had a six digit programmable code, and no key. Key cards to access the doors. The mini-fridge was constantly stocked with cold pop, beer, and bottled water. The maids were amazingly quick and timely to service the room. We had turn-down service provided almost every night with chocolates on our pillows and rose petals. We never had to ask for anything – everything was perfect.

One constructive criticism for hotel staff: We were on the second floor and there was one room above us. Several mornings while we were there we were awakened at 6am by loud footsteps and the sounds of moving furniture above us. My advice to the maids: if it says “do not disturb” on the door directly below the door that says “maid service needed”, do that room last please and give us the chance to sleep in. We’re on vacation after all! Thank you! As you can tell we got over it.

The grounds were stunning throughout the resort, including the other hotels - Colorful buildings, beautifully lit paths, and well-kept lawns. There were coati, peacocks, and white swans roaming freely throughout the grounds.

A criticism: Mosquitos!!! There was a LOT of mosquitos. Bring a can of bug-spray! There were some areas where you would get eaten alive. Mosquito bites and sunburns don’t mix! It may be time to spray the grounds with insecticide.

Overall I can comfortably say that I would return to the Iberostar Grand Paraiso Hotel in the future. Apart from some minor criticisms, the place is nicer than many of the other all-inclusive resorts that I have travelled to over the past few years. Highly recommended! Five out of five stars.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Your memorable experience is a true testament of the dedication of our staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation.

We appreciate that you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: delicious and varied food, friendly and efficient staff and relaxing beach.

Regarding the decoration and design of our hotel, please note it is the concept that the designer and architect intended. However we do believe that renovations and improvements can be done and even though they are carried out throughout the year, they are done by areas (the hotel is open all year) so we need to ensure that there are no inconveniences to our guests during their stay at our resort. We have forwarded your comments on the areas that need improvement to our Common Areas Director to ensure priority is given to those.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced some problems with noise very early. When guests from the room upstairs require cleaning (with a clean sign on the door), housekeepers must clean it as soon as possible. Otherwise, they can indeed take longer to start with such room. However, even if they clean the room early, they must do their best to be quiet, so your comments have been forwarded to our Housekeeping Manager in order to remind all staff about this very important point.

Thank you for all this feedback, as it is a great tool to ensure all our services and areas are in great shape.

Thank you for the recommendations you have made and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Iberostar Grand Paraiso soon!

Best Regards.

racine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Please do not hesitate to say 'yes' to this resort!! We have stayed at resorts in many parts of the world and many resorts in Mexico and the Playa area. Iberostar Grand is just simply the best resort we have found. The resort is immaculate, very clean and beautiful. The rooms are modern with beautiful bathrooms and lovely porch areas complete with sofa, cocktail table and wicker swing.

The beach is beautiful and clean. Nice swimming areas and luxurious beds and lounge chairs with comfortable cushions. The wait staff are very attentive and it is never a problem to find someone should you want to order a drink or something to eat.

We would recommend the Japanese restaurant and the Surf and Turf restaurant, but food everywhere including room service and the buffets is exceptional.

If you need anything, everyone is extremely friendly and at your request. We never heard the work 'no' for 9 luxurious nights. If it is possible, they will make it happen.

It was my birthday and they filled our room with balloons. They also took the time to fill our tub with bubbles and rose petals and set beautiful tea lights throughout the room.

In every building you will find a butler or concierge station. There are always people available there to help you with and request...dinner reservations, tours, questions, special requests for your room etc. Very personal service.

They have all top shelf liquor. Absolutely anything you can think of they probably have. They also have impressive wine options. They will bring bottle of your favorite liquor and bottles of champagne to your room at your request.

I simply cannot say enough about the wonderful people at the hotel. The best personnel we have ever encountered. Seriously too many to name, they were all the most genuine and caring people wanting to make sure that you are having the best vacation possible and having all of your wishes fulfilled.

Just a couple special thank yous. One to our wonderful butler Charley. You went out of your way to make sure we had everything and anything we needed or wanted, including taking your own time after work to pick us up some Diet Dr. Pepper at the grocery store in Playa and putting it in our mini bar. You made sure my birthday was special and it was absolutely the best birthday ever. Thank you Charley for everything.

Fracisco the assistant manager was always available to talk to and made sure that if there was something we wanted to do or something that we needed it would be done. And it was. Thank you so much.

Everyone had the same wonderful attitudes and willingness to help. The cart drivers, the bartenders, the restaurant staff, the maid service (nightly turn downs with chocolates on your pillow) etc. etc. We have never been so pampered or felt so taken care of.

The only caution I would extend would be to know that not all rooms will have an ocean view. I believe you can designate this type of room at the time you make your reservation, otherwise if available it will be offered to you as an upgrade when you arrive.

We chose to upgrade and the ocean front views from the balcony were spectacular. All rooms are the same in all buildings with the exception of the corner rooms in the ocean front buildings which have hot tubs on the balcony and the presidential suites.

Choose this resort and you will have a vacation in paradise. There is no need to leave the property. You can jet ski, kayak, and take Segway tours. There is also a shopping center on grounds and a spa with it's own indoor pool.

There is never an issue with getting towels at the beach or pools. No towel card to worry about to turn in for a new towel etc. Yellow Iberostar towels are rolled up and plentiful everywhere, as many as you want.

Everything you could want or need and genuinely wonderful people to make sure that you have the vacation of your dreams.

Thank you everyone at Iberostar Grand, we will be back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us. Your memorable experience is a true testament of the dedication of our staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation.

We offer luxurious accommodation, quality amenities, the very best in food and beverage all provided with genuine personalized service. To see that you enjoyed every aspect of it is very encouraging to keep working hard to maintain or even exceed our standards.

It would be our pleasure to host you again in the future, and trust you will not hesitate to visit us soon.

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

have stayed at Iberostar Maya 5 times and was upgraded to Iberostar Grand this time. If offered, don't take it!!!!! You'll never go back to the other hotel.... lol I've always enjoyed my stays at the Lindo and Maya but they don't compare to the Grand. The atmosphere, the food, the "star friends", the cooks, waiters, etc. were all great. They went above and beyond what was expected. My Apple reps on the other hand seemed very disorganized, but that's not Iberostars fault. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the kind words that you have submitted about our hotel and also for your loyalty to Iberostar. Your positive comments about all our facilities and services were really inspiring to all our team.

It is always gratifying to know that we have accomplished our mission of guest satisfaction. We feel very proud to know that we surpassed your expectations.

We do hope that you choose to spend another vacation here with us, and would be more than happy to assist you; please feel free to contact us any time.

Kind regards,

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!