“DREAM VACATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
racine
“DREAM VACATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Please do not hesitate to say 'yes' to this resort!! We have stayed at resorts in many parts of the world and many resorts in Mexico and the Playa area. Iberostar Grand is just simply the best resort we have found. The resort is immaculate, very clean and beautiful. The rooms are modern with beautiful bathrooms and lovely porch areas complete with sofa, cocktail table and wicker swing.

The beach is beautiful and clean. Nice swimming areas and luxurious beds and lounge chairs with comfortable cushions. The wait staff are very attentive and it is never a problem to find someone should you want to order a drink or something to eat.

We would recommend the Japanese restaurant and the Surf and Turf restaurant, but food everywhere including room service and the buffets is exceptional.

If you need anything, everyone is extremely friendly and at your request. We never heard the work 'no' for 9 luxurious nights. If it is possible, they will make it happen.

It was my birthday and they filled our room with balloons. They also took the time to fill our tub with bubbles and rose petals and set beautiful tea lights throughout the room.

In every building you will find a butler or concierge station. There are always people available there to help you with and request...dinner reservations, tours, questions, special requests for your room etc. Very personal service.

They have all top shelf liquor. Absolutely anything you can think of they probably have. They also have impressive wine options. They will bring bottle of your favorite liquor and bottles of champagne to your room at your request.

I simply cannot say enough about the wonderful people at the hotel. The best personnel we have ever encountered. Seriously too many to name, they were all the most genuine and caring people wanting to make sure that you are having the best vacation possible and having all of your wishes fulfilled.

Just a couple special thank yous. One to our wonderful butler Charley. You went out of your way to make sure we had everything and anything we needed or wanted, including taking your own time after work to pick us up some Diet Dr. Pepper at the grocery store in Playa and putting it in our mini bar. You made sure my birthday was special and it was absolutely the best birthday ever. Thank you Charley for everything.

Fracisco the assistant manager was always available to talk to and made sure that if there was something we wanted to do or something that we needed it would be done. And it was. Thank you so much.

Everyone had the same wonderful attitudes and willingness to help. The cart drivers, the bartenders, the restaurant staff, the maid service (nightly turn downs with chocolates on your pillow) etc. etc. We have never been so pampered or felt so taken care of.

The only caution I would extend would be to know that not all rooms will have an ocean view. I believe you can designate this type of room at the time you make your reservation, otherwise if available it will be offered to you as an upgrade when you arrive.

We chose to upgrade and the ocean front views from the balcony were spectacular. All rooms are the same in all buildings with the exception of the corner rooms in the ocean front buildings which have hot tubs on the balcony and the presidential suites.

Choose this resort and you will have a vacation in paradise. There is no need to leave the property. You can jet ski, kayak, and take Segway tours. There is also a shopping center on grounds and a spa with it's own indoor pool.

There is never an issue with getting towels at the beach or pools. No towel card to worry about to turn in for a new towel etc. Yellow Iberostar towels are rolled up and plentiful everywhere, as many as you want.

Everything you could want or need and genuinely wonderful people to make sure that you have the vacation of your dreams.

Thank you everyone at Iberostar Grand, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us. Your memorable experience is a true testament of the dedication of our staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation.

We offer luxurious accommodation, quality amenities, the very best in food and beverage all provided with genuine personalized service. To see that you enjoyed every aspect of it is very encouraging to keep working hard to maintain or even exceed our standards.

It would be our pleasure to host you again in the future, and trust you will not hesitate to visit us soon.

Best Regards,
Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

have stayed at Iberostar Maya 5 times and was upgraded to Iberostar Grand this time. If offered, don't take it!!!!! You'll never go back to the other hotel.... lol I've always enjoyed my stays at the Lindo and Maya but they don't compare to the Grand. The atmosphere, the food, the "star friends", the cooks, waiters, etc. were all great. They went above and beyond what was expected. My Apple reps on the other hand seemed very disorganized, but that's not Iberostars fault. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the kind words that you have submitted about our hotel and also for your loyalty to Iberostar. Your positive comments about all our facilities and services were really inspiring to all our team.

It is always gratifying to know that we have accomplished our mission of guest satisfaction. We feel very proud to know that we surpassed your expectations.

We do hope that you choose to spend another vacation here with us, and would be more than happy to assist you; please feel free to contact us any time.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

From the moment of arrival at this lovely grand hotel...we felt like VIPs..The adorable Bellhops are efficient friendly, funny, charming and engaging. Cool towels and cocktails to refresh us while he grabbed our bags and escorted us via golf cart to our private check in desk in the beach front building. What a beautiful vista awaited us... we were awestruck with the open plan foyer and view of the Caribbean and immaculately tended , white sand beach... A professional butler Ernesto was waiting to help us settle in, unpack,explain patiently the modus operandi and fulfill our every whim.
The room is well appointed and has beautiful colours and soft decor, a typical junior suite with a lovely ocean front view. Small balcony with clothes drying gadget for your wet swimsuits. definitely bring at very least two swimsuits as it takes a while to dry due to the humidity. order your fridge to be filled with your favorite tipples and it shall be done..and refreshed daily... I would propose property management pay attention to the nicks,dents and flaking paint as this is not acceptable in a five star resort.
The resort is exactly the right size and the adults only ambience is heaven.
The food, if you like fresh fruit, fish, lobster, Angus beef and Kobe beef is all you could wish for... and delicious... elegant themed restaurants such as Japanese and Italian are available and worth trying. Please remember it is Mexican Japanese and Italian and you will not be disappointed. For authentic Japanese or Italian I recommend Japan, Italy or some North American authentic restaurants. My husband requested custom dishes and the chefs made them for him...amazing dedication to our needs...
The dinner service staff here will do their utmost to deliver five star silver service with professionalism and friendliness. Reuben appears to be everywhere at once and yet always looks so cool and in control...he runs the restaurants exceedingly well.The Maitre Di's such as Hugo,the epitome of reserved ,polished proficiency, Amir always efficient, smiling and welcoming, Alberto and Alfredo both welcoming,sweet and preemptive of your every need and eager to make each meal the very best eating experience you have ever had. Luis the thoughtful and friendly Sommelier who can enhance your meals by advising the most palatable wines on offer. I would suggest the champagne list be broadened to accommodate more diverse European palates.
The alcohol is all top shelf and though only one aged tequila was available it was delightful and I am now a convert to Anejo. The Lobby bar staff are awaiting your drinks order, do try the cocktail menu and do engage with the other guests..it is a wonderful ambience and most guests will be celebrating Weddings, anniversaries or just the beauty of the environs. We made some amazing friends there and had wonderful adventures ..Hi Eric and Linette..you were amazing company and a lovely couple.
I really have to say more about the Butlers... we have traveled extensively..and Victor, Head Butler has made an impression upon us that will make us come back... this hotel is lovely...but people like him...are a gift to us the guests and to the hotel.. All of our needs were attended ...we had rose petal baths...champagne and chocolates...personal, professional service and a genuine welcome home smile every time we came back to our residence.. Victor worked so very hard in ridiculous heat to ensure that we could do nothing but enjoy our pampering. You can feel comfortable asking Victor and his team Carlos and Gonzalo absolutely anything..they will sort out any issue and with out them this property would not have held its allure for us. They give 5 star attention and 100% commitment to you enjoying your stay. Victor we are very grateful...your team helped me when I was ill, took me to the Dr, even discreetly left hand sanitiser and extra tissues beside my bed for my runny nose.. They also made sure that we understood, they were NOT looking for tips but for smiles from their clientele, it is a prestigious role to be a Butler in the Grand... and they are some of the best we have encountered anywhere.
Our room was checked and so hygienic..I am severely immunocompromised due to my medication. I had absolutely no reason to fear for my well being... our residence was immaculate... our bed was so comfortable and pillows that we chose from the pillow menu were amazing!
Do hire a private guide, its just a few dollars more than the big bus tours and you will have a far better , personal experience. We used Amigo and had a sweet, kind, knowledgeable guide who made us feel safe and like family... ask your Butler for some one they trust..do not go with the taxi drivers...
We had the private dinner on the beach..it was beautiful and so romantic...
The hotel entertainment team...Wonderful dancer Eduardo... also the Karaoke king..Christiani...so sweet and fun... Bashir's inspiring energy...Abraham always smiling.... all of you were astounding... The Starband and dance troupe..were breath taking...Carlos ..wow...Singer extraordinaire..is truly gifted and you will be amazed at their productions..from Beatles tributes that feel like the original to rock...incredible entertainment every night at 10pm!
Regarding tips, remember that the average wage is only $5 US per day..having been out and about there we realised it is expensive to shop and eat for the local people...your cleaning staff, your pool boy or girl.... wonderful gardeners, chefs,waiters will benefit immensely from your tip...a couple of dollars is nothing to us..the hotel says its included but the staff get a small bonus to their wages by comparison to what they should earn in tips. Why not , such amazing service and genuine consideration for your care should be rewarded.
All in all.. if you want to live your dreams ... need a resort to fulfil it..???.the staff at the Grand from higher management to the friendly, ever watchful,protective security guards..will make it your dream holiday come true.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you had a memorable stay with us and have taken the time to give us your feedback.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service of our staff, they do their best to provide an exceptional service so we are delighted that you felt that the hotel was so great.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit at our Hotel Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose the Grand to celebrate our anniversary. We chose Canada Transfers they were excellent (see my review of them).

check in was great, staff was very friendly from front desk to bellman. The hotel itself is really grand. Opulent is a great word to describe the building you will not be disappointed visually it's beautiful. The Grounds are gorgeous and the property is huge.

Our butler Fernando and the head butler Victor we both Great! They really try to make sure you're happy. We really appreciated their genuine kindness. They really made our trip special.

The staff is what make this place special, Olivia and Daniella, Juan were all all so nice every morning (omlettes,& crepes)
waitstaff, Maria, alejendro, Darwin,Moreano Angel all great.The whole wait staff was great!!!

The beach was beautiful, I walked down to secrets maroma beach and was not impressed with their beach. it was much busier and does not give you the quiet romantic feel of the Grand. I would never choose secrets over the grand based on the beach. Toward the end of our stay it got busier and the new guest seem to playing the towel game. I suggest the hotel implement a policy if a chair or bed is empty longer than an hour the towels should be removed so the chairs can be used. it's not fair to save chairs/beds for hours and not use them.

We had an incident in our room with roach, thank god my husband saw it and killed it(would not want to bring that home with us ). They sent some one up to clean the squashed specimen, the person actually tried to give us back the hotel slipper that my husband used to squish the bug, yuck. The concierge called to ask if they could do anything to make up for the bug in our room, my husband suggested something and they said they would get back to him, they never did of course.

I really feel like management is cheap, Had I been in a more expensive room I would of checked out immediately. The management does not go out of their way to make sure you're happy. If your paying at least $ 500/night I don't feel like a free massage is too much to ask for after killing a roach in your room. Management only offered discount.

The Dinner reservation policy is a bit annoying, it is very Difficult to change your reservations if your plans change; as they often do on vacation. Some nights 1 or two restaurants were closed which is also annoying. The concierges make dinner, spa or other reservations, but seem completely useless for anything else. If you request something from them it never seems to get done. I ask to change my Dinner reservations twice they said ok but they never actually changed it. requested an iron took for ever. requested a scale to way my luggage it never arrived I had to ask the front desk who sent it up in the next morning.

Food:
They really need to work on the food,the juice was not fresh it tasted like flavored syrups in water. there were some stand out items at the ala cartes but in general they were not good.
The Buffets were better, some stand out items
Breakfast: crepes omelettes,bacon(pancakes were horrible)
lunch: angus steak, fajitas, burgers, ice cream

the spa is nice but over priced,
the beach Dinner is over priced $400 for the least expensive package.

Room Tip: if you want to be close to beach choose beach front building
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for the time that you have invested in sharing your experience during your stay in our hotel, we are glad to know that you endorsed our property highly.

We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests but reviews like yours serve us to motivate us even more; we have forwarded your email to all our Department Managers.

We apologize about the incident you had in your room, please let us assure you that we take our guests comments very seriously and that we are not looking to dismiss your review but we would like to explain, however, that we have a complete program for pest control and fumigation throughout all the hotel areas including our guest rooms, but as you know the hotel is located in a tropical area; that is why before our guests arrive, all rooms are thoroughly inspected and fresh linens are put on beds.

We are sorry about your discomfort with the booking process for our specialty restaurants. Our main goal is to offer our guests a unique and special experience with a personalized service so order to achieve this, reservations are required so that all our guests have the opportunity of tasting their delicious food and have a relaxing experience. Indeed some times are more popular than others and when they are fully booked it is not possible to allow more guests in. Please rest assured that we will work towards an easier and more flexible booking system and a more efficient service.

We regret to know that you that you were not happy with the food quality in certain areas and the Concierge service. We will forward your comments and suggestions to the above mentioned departments as your feedback is very important to us since it helps us improve on a daily basis.

Nevertheless we do hope that despite the inconveniences you had through all your stay with us, you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again in order to have the chance to show you the real meaning of service that you expect from us.

Best Regards

Iberostar Mexico.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I go there for the second time in January 2013... I never see another resort like that... The beach is amazing, the food is amazing, the services is amazing, the rooms are amazing... everything are amazing... For the next chrisxmas I will change hotel (after 2 times its enought) but I will stay in a iberostars grand too...

Room Tip: Don't pay to have the ocean view, it's too much expensive for what you have... The first tim...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Please let us take this opportunity to thank you for visiting us for the second time and for sharing your experience via Tripadvisor.

We were really pleased to read your positive comments about our facilities, restaurants and services, and we hope that with this last vacation we gained your trust and confidence to come back and exceed your last expectations.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Paraiso in the near future

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderful vacation! We arrived on July 11th and left on July 18th. Upon arrival our check in was very quick. They offered us cool towels and either champagne or a mandarin sour. We were provided a ride to our room by Ricardo. Ricardo was very nice and helpful. He helped us several times during our stay including a tour of the resort. We stayed in room 7053 right on the beach. The view was breath taking. We had our own concierge and butler. Julio was remarkable tending to everything we needed. The 24 hour room service was fantastic!
The room was very clean. The maid service cleaned the room during the day. They also stopped during the late evening providing fresh towels to us. The balcony had a chaise chair and a wicker swing. This was very nice. They restocked the mini refrigerator everyday. There were bottles of water, soda, beer, wine and small bottles of tequila and vodka. There were small bags of complimentary peanuts and potato chips.
The beach was beautiful. There were always chairs available. Fresh towels were available all the time.
The main pool was saltwater. We loved the chairs that were partially in the water. The waiter service was very good.
The first day we went to the beach buffet restaurant. It wasn't very good. The chicken was dried out and the lobster was mushy.The international buffet was very good. Toni's surf and turf restaurant was excellent! The food got better the longer we were there.
Overall the resort was very clean and elegant. The service was excellent! I would definitely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was 7053. This is building 70, top floor in the middle. This is a beach front...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review shared on this website. On behalf of our Management and staff we would like to say it was a great honor to have served you.

We appreciate your kind words pertaining to our rooms, food, beverages service and pool.

We look forward to hosting you again at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso, your home away from home.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When you seek excellence and luxury to it's best, then you need to visit Iberostar Grand Paraiso where there attention to detail is well seen all throughout the property.

From the moment you step foot on the property the pampering begins. The attention of the staff wherever you go, The fine dining at 4 signature restaurants on property or just their Buffet that is like no other.

The Spa is truly relaxing, the beach it's just beautiful. But the real Grand experience is the staff at this very special place.

Thanks to all of you (The Staff) from management to grounds keepers who made this stay a very special and unforgettable moment.

Thanks: The Trinidad-Lopez Family

Room Tip: 2nd floor of main building. Great central location to all areas.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trinidad-Lopez Family,

On behalf of all our staff we want to thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your vacations and for sharing your experience with other readers.

It is very important to know our guests’ opinion about our service and facilities. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the time to enjoy our restaurants, beach and spa.

The best reward we can receive is that our guests go back home with great memories. We feel really proud to read that our service accomplished your expectations and that our staff have been part of it.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to contact us in case you need any further assistance.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!