“Thirteenth Trip in Five Years” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carr. Chetumal-Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Playa Paraiso
Chicago, Illinois
“Thirteenth Trip in Five Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having returned from our thirteenth stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraisio in five years, I am delighted that each time it gets better. Notably the service is consistently excellent; the new menus in the Italian and Gourmet offer additional delicious choices; and the new Ladies First Show was very very good. Special congratulations to Victor on his promotion to head Butler. Victor is the face, soul, heart, and spirit of the Grand. He sets a stellar standard of professionalism and customer service. Marianna the hostess and Ulysses the server in Tony’s made us feel as though we returning to our home away from home. Victor the waiter in the Venecia provided gracious, impeccable service. Head waiter Alfredo and our server Guadeloupe ensured breakfast and lunch were perfection. Edar, the Star Performer leader and master of ceremonies set a light and entertaining mood both pool side and at the shows. We look forward to our return trip this year again in November!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review.

We are proud of our team of hardworking and friendly staff, who continue helping us reach our goal to be one the best resort in the Caribbean. Your review shows that we are on the right path to achieve this goal.

Your kind words about the food, the comfort of the rooms, the entertainment, and the staff and the entire welcoming and friendly atmosphere means a lot to us.

We remind you that we are here to serve you and look forward to welcoming you again.

3,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Polish first
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was our 25th anniversary celebration vacation. My husband and I have not been to Mexico and after an extensive search, we decided upon the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. We went there from July 1 - 9, 2013. What an amazing place and especially an amazing time.
We loved everything about our entire stay there. All the hotel staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We were constantly greeted and asked how everything was going. If we needed or desired anything, all we had to do was ask and the response was immediate.
I would like to particularly mention our butler, Charley, and the chef-server, Olivia. They were SO NICE, SO HELPFUL AND SO ACCOMMODATING. ALL the Star Friends were so friendly, fun, and hard working. Smiles on everyone's faces. Really.....the entire staff throughout the week from early morning to night were so friendly, courteous....the best.
We hope that the management appreciates all the hard work and effort on the part of their staff.
We had a junior suite in the 72 building and we loved it. The room more than surpassed our expectations. The bedding and pillows were very comfortable....great sleeping. We really enjoyed all the food that offered. LOVED everything, but particularly the Mexican buffet and all the lobster tails.
We went there with the expectations of having a good time and we certainly accomplished this and more. This place was absolutely the best vacation my husband and I have taken together. We loved it so much that we agreed that we will definitely be going back. We will not research any other resort, because we found all that we could want at this Iberostar Grand.
Not to forget that the main pool and beach are absolutely beautiful. Met so many great people!
We have raved about this so much that our daughter and son-in-law have decided to go here next year for their 5th anniversary. We are thrilled that they want to go here and we feel confident that they won't be disappointed.
So in a word to describe our time and experience at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso......PHENOMENAL!!!
Thank you for making our anniversary celebration a dream come true!!

Room Tip: We loved our room in the 72 building facing the indoor pool/spa area. Serene and quiet. I guess we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We were happy to learn that you had an excellent 25th anniversary celebration vacation and that you were pleased with our service.

We have shared this wonderful review with entire staff at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. These reviews are always a high motivation to improve our service.

It was our pleasure to have served you and we hope that you will consider us as your vacation destination the next time you are thinking of visiting México.

Warm regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We loved our honeymoon trip at the Grand! I would be hard pressed to come up with any complaints. The staff, food, drinks, restaurants, pool and spa were all amazing! Be sure to make your dinner reservations upon arrival in order to get your first choices. Toni's was our favorite meal -- steak and lobster were fabulous! We will definitely plan a future trip to stay at The Grand Paraiso!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for the nice comments you made about your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. We are glad to know that you had a perfect experience. Congratulations again for your honeymoon.

Moreover, we want to thank you for letting us know that the food of our restaurants, the pool, spa and our accommodations were pleasant parts of your stay.

It is good to know that our staff made you felt like a star; and we are happy to read that you have the intention of visiting us thus giving us the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Kind regards,

El Paso, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had high expectations for the Iberostar Grand Playa Paraiso after staying at another Grand in Jamaica, this hotel did not disappoint. from the moment I checked in with Cecile (who I made speak to me in French just because it sounded awesome) to my 'major domo' Fernando, I felt completely pampered and taken care of every moment.

Although my room was not ocean front, I was next to the Tranquility Pool, and was very relaxing to see when I woke up in the morning and I even fell asleep on one of the bed lounges in afternoon.

The food was outstanding. I tried the French restaurant one night and the buffets the rest of my meals. I especially enjoyed the Mexican Buffet and the tequila that greeted me at the doors of the eatery when I went to dinner.

I have stayed at a few different resorts in the mayan riviera, and I can easily say that the Iberostar Grand is the best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing our hotel Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers your opinion of your stay at our hotel; we are delighted to hear that you had an outstanding holiday.

We will congratulate Cecile and Fernando so they know they contributed to making your holiday special.

We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Warm regards,

peoples republic of caledonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Loads of stuff in other reviews that I won't repeat here - I'll cut to the chase.

Only a couple of downsides for us.

. The buffet restaurant was closed on a few days. Although there are other options, including restaurants that are very good of their own right, we actually like the buffet so were disappointed that it wasn't available every night.

. The beach is not the best. Now don't get me wrong, it is still pretty good but the area in front of the hotel is a bit rocky. You only have to go down the beach a bit - into an area that is still covered by the lifeguards from other hotels in the Iberostar complex - for a better beach. Not a big deal.

Positives
The staff are very good, all pleasant and attentive without being overbearing.

The food is outstanding. There are reviews on here stating that it may not be five star fine dining. That may be correct, but for me it was darned close. You can eat lobster 3 times a day if you wish, or glorious steaks, scallops & other seafood. And there is always a good selection of fruit. Champagne for breakfast, just ask, and you shall receive.

The grounds, pools and buildings are kept well. We saw maintenance guys painting, plastering &c. Although there was evidence of leaks during some of the thunderstorms, we saw nothing of the extent of previous reviewers & the maintenance guys were going round during & after storms looking to identify areas in need of improvement.

Tips
Don't bother with ocean view - it's not worth it. Ocean front maybe, but ocean view is not worth it. (Our opinion)

The gym is decent enough for a resort hotel. The one in the wider complex opens an hour earlier & has bench & squat rack. Get up an hour earlier, run round to it & get your thang done early.

The Grand is called the Grand for a reason, but do have a wander round the rest of the complex. The bar in the Mayan, in particular, is worthy of a visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you have spent a great time at the Grand Hotel, and we consider it a great honor to have had the opportunity to serve you and the fact that you endorsed our property and the service provided by our staff highly. It is very motivating for our Managers and Staff to keep on going the extra mile.

On the other hand it remains in us the concern that some of your expectations were not fulfilled; your feedback is very important to us since it helps us to improve on a daily basis. Regarding our buffet operations, we do have to close some days depending on occupancy and to try and give our guests the opportunity to try our “a la carte” restaurants, because our main goal is to offer our guests with a unique and special experience where dishes are prepared to order so we can provide freshness and quality along with a personalized service. You can also try several buffet restaurants at our sister resorts in the complex or try our fast food restaurants at the shopping center.

We thank you sincerely for choosing the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was so looking forward to this anniversary get away. I had stayed at the Grand when it first opened and absolutely loved it. I stayed in a beachfront room and it was amazing. I also stayed at The Grand in Jamaica and it was wonderful, being a repeat customer I was upgraded to beachfront at no cost. Being this was my third visit to Iberostar Grand I emailed the resort 2 months in advance to advise that it was my anniversary and I was a repeat customer-in hopes of being upgraded. I did receive an email back that the front desk manager would receive this request. I also emailed back and forth in regards to having a dinner on the beach for the night of my anniversary. The romantic menu and the wine was picked, it was a surprise for my husband-I was so excited.

When we arrived at the hotel it was definitely as beautiful as I remembered it, even more. We went to check in and were told that our room was in building 72 overlooking the tranquility pool. Being a little disappointed I advised the woman at the front desk of my emails and she told me that they were not giving complimentary upgrades. I found this surprising since many reviewers have said on trip advisor that they were upgraded for being repeat customers....She then went on to say that it was $160 a night but they were running a special of $80 a night. I wasn't interested in that. My husband and her agreed on $60 a night. However, she advised us that there were no rooms available in oceanfront until the next night, so we would need to change rooms. We agreed to this and since the room wasn't available we went to check on the reservations we made for dinner ahead of time. The concierge didn't have the reservations that I had. Nor did she have the romantic dinner on the beach reserved. I pulled out the emails proving that it was set up and the response I got was "sorry, we can't do this tonight, but we can do it Sunday." My anniversary wasn't Sunday-it was that day, which was why I set it up before I came. I decided to forgo the dinner on the beach and make the reservations for the week.

After eating a wonderful lunch we visited the spa and received the best massage treatments my husband and I have ever had. The massage was so amazing that we both went back again later in the week. It is pricey, but definitely worth it! Jose at the front desk was awesome!

We then went to check in to our room and the mildew/mold smell was too much for us. We went back to the front desk who all of a sudden found a room in oceanfront. It was a room with 2 double beds and they would move us the next day to a room with a king and that was fine with us. The two rooms in building 71 had a little bit of a smell but we were provided with an ozone machine that did help.

The main pool was great, the beach was great, the star friends were awesome! We liked the Italian restaurant the best, and the gourmet the least. The spa pool didn't have all of its features running while we were there, so that was a little disappointing.

My husband went scuba diving and for the price he said that it was unbeatable.

Despite some of the disappointments we would return again. the staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Your invaluable feedback is very important to us to ensure that we continually deliver the excellent service that Iberostar Grand Paraiso is known for. At the same time, we are concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

We have noted your comments regarding your experience with the dinner reservations and the hotel facilities. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for. Rest assured that we have passed your concerns to the Managers in charge of each area to address the issue and we will follow up accordingly.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. We do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Iberostar Grand Paraiso in the future, and that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the excellent service that features Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

lexington ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding honeymoon at the grand. The service here is unmatched. The pool bar staff is top notch. You are welcomed from the get go and will truly hate leaving. "Gracies" will become a nearly minute response from yourself during this stay. The star staff is great and makes every event a blast. Dinners every night were great! We will be back very soon!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor about your experience at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We really feel glad to have been part of your outstanding honeymoon; the best award for our daily work is to receive reviews like yours.

One of our most important goals is to give our guests the top quality service that you deserve. So reading your positive comments about that is a great source of motivation for all our team.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your dinners and a great time at our pool.

It is good to know that you have the intention of visiting us in the future; it would be our pleasure to welcome you once again.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!