“Highly Recommend for Luxury All-Inclusive Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Highly Recommend for Luxury All-Inclusive Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I rarely write reviews, but promised myself I would do so after staying at the Grand Hotel, in January 2013 (better late than never!). I researched extensively on where my husband and I should go for our 10 year anniversary. We don't go on long trips often, so wanted to make the most of it. After reading numerous positive reviews of the Grand, we booked. I was a little nervous about an all-inclusive, but my fears came to nothing. Service, food and accommodations were all top notch. I highly recommend an ocean-front room. The view was breath-taking, like out of a movie. The fruit basket upon arrival was a nice touch, along with checking in in our room. We were surprised with champagne and edible chocolate flowers a couple of nights. The hardest choices of the day were, should we go to the beach or pool, what kind of seafood to try, and what fun drink should be next! My husband and I really appreciate good food, and we were not disappointed. We found the food to be fresh and delicious (lobster twice a day? Why, yes!). We stayed in a fairly blissful state for 8 days. Even with some rain, we just went to the indoor pool or read books on our balcony. We went to a couple of shows, and to the disco one night. Don't expect Broadway, but still good fun. We also rode bikes, did a yoga class, participated some in pool games and went for long walks on the beach. After walking through a few other resorts, we were so happy to go home to the Grand. I could go on and on, but others have expressed their feelings more eloquently than I have on this site. I'll stop by saying that the Grand exceeded my very high expectations.

Room Tip: Ocean Front, upper floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear guest,

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our services and facilities. We understand that choosing for the first time an all inclusive hotel gives you some doubts but knowing that we gained your trust and contributed to your having a paradisiacal and wonderful vacation is the best reward we can receive.

We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our different pools, our special activities with our entertainers, the variety and exquisite food we offer in the different restaurants and buffet, and the lovely drinks prepared by our expert bartenders.

We are satisfied to learn that we managed to provide a very positive experience in this your second home.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Paraiso in the near future!

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Polish first
Kingston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first time at the Iberostar Grand Hotel in Playa Paraiso and I so hope not our last!! I've been to 3 other all-inclusives and this is simply A-mazing. Immediately upgraded to beach front upon check in (Bldg 71 - awesome!!) The grand hallway in Bldg 72 is, well - grand, like a Venetian hallway, gondola outside the bridge walkway and all!! We wanted to walk around the atria and down the hallway to the main pool area to get ourselves acclimated while waiting for our room to be ready and then had lunch at La Brisa. And as we were to find out at every single meal - service was spot on!! Never had to even ask for more water or for another cocktail - EVER. Food selection and variety was more than my buffet-loving husband could have dreamed of. We had breakfast every morning at the Bella Vista, lunch at La Brisa and rotated dinners at one of the a la carte restaurants. Making reservations for them upon arrival with our floor concierge was no problem - always more than willing to help. I had planned an excursion into Playa del Carmen, but we never left the grounds! We wandered throughout the other 4 hotels, watched kids play at the wave pool, had drinks at the Mayan pyramid bar, then could head back back to the exclusivity of the Grand.
We golfed 18 holes one morning - great course - my husband had been watching it on the Golf Channel "Big Break - Mexico" tv show - and loved being able to try it. We did mention for one dinner reservation that it was our anniversary during our stay - and we came back to the room that night to petals making a walkway from a drawn bubble bath, to our kingsize bed with the swan towels. Such a lovely touch!
Although we are not necessarily "pool people" - afternoons were spent either reading on the beach - or at the pool bar. Eli, Marsellino (sp?!) - excellent service with the craziness that is the pool bar. All bars had top shelf liquor and several wine selections - not just one red or white.Walter, Jorge,Hugo, Cesar at the restaurants making sure we had everything we wanted. Adrianna, hostess, keeping us comfortable (and hydrated ;->) while waiting for our table. All the Star Friends to keep us apprised of activities. Andreas for our bike tour, Jenny and Christian for just stopping by and making sure we were having fun - whether it was just reading on the beach, or if interested in archery or volleyball. Every staff member, from waiters/service to housekeepers and grounds crew - all so friendly. Since I've been home, I can't stop saying "Hola!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We were happy to learn that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team; no doubt will they be motivated by your kind words. It was our pleasure to have served you. We work to create memories that last a lifetime, and are very pleased to see that we have reached our goal.

We do hope that you will consider us as your vacation destination next time you are thinking of visiting the Riviera Maya.

Best Regards,

Augie101898
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times and up and down the east side of Mexico. I love this place. They do not just serve you tap beer, the have many types and in cans and bottles. Breakfast and lunch food is good. Dinner was trying to be and do more then they should. Hibatchi was good. Once place just tried too hard to be fancy. Met a great group of people that made the days and nights fun. Rooms are great. Location is good too as it is not too far from hotel and Playa.
I would stay here again and in fact am taking my office here for a recognition trip. Gorgeous grounds and well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your encouraging comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel services and facilities.

It fills us with pride to read that you found our location good, as well the gastronomy and our accommodations. These features are our prime pillars because we are convinced that only through their excellence will we be able to reach complete guest satisfaction. Trust us that your review is a great source of motivation to keep us working hard and improving day by day.

On behalf of all Iberostar Grand Paraiso team, thank you for your stay; we look forward to welcoming you again to make you have another unforgettable experience.

Lindenhurst, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I have gone 4 times now and we can't imagine going anywhere else. The service is outstanding from top to bottom. The rooms are clean and our mini fridge was always stocked. The food is great from the breakfast and lunch buffet to dinner at one of the restaurants. We don't even leave the resort anymore because it's always a let down. My husband and his friend golfed everyday and were amazed with the quality and condition of the course. Can't say enough good things. We'll never go anywhere else in Mexico.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you.

It was also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much. We hope that you will not hesitate to visit with us again in the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a great week we had. It was our second time in this hotel and for sure we will return. Everything was amazing.... the meal, the room, the beach.... If you want to go out like Playa Del Carmen to go shopping, it's easy.. just take a taxi. Great shopping there.
I will recommanded this resort.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your positive review about your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Thank you for highlighting our facilities and surroundings. We are pleased to know that you had a great experience, and especially that you are repetitive client, it means that we are doing a good job and that you are still enjoying our hotel and our service.

We are glad to know that you have the intention of recommending us. All our team look forward to welcoming you soon, please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Took this trip through Apple Vacations. The Apple people were great, met us at the Phila. airport to make sure everything went smoothly, were waiting in Mexico to guide us to the proper bus to our hotel and had an office at the hotel. The hotel was perfect in every way. At check in we were seated at a desk and offered some cold juice while we signed in. The room was first class. All of the pools and grounds kept spotless. Loved the bar in the pool. The people that worked in the hotel and restaurants were great, very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are happy to learn that you had an excellent vacation and that you were pleased with our service.

Your kind words about the food, the bar in the pool, the comfort of the rooms and the staff means a lot to us and makes our team proud of the service that they provided.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in the near future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Fabulous hotel, adults only,set right on the beach, 2 pools - one tranquillity pool,- wonderful. We stayed for 9 nights in an oceanfront room which was lovely, excellent service from all staff. Food very good, lots of choice, buffet & restaurants Surf & Turf Restaurant excellent. I was unwell at the beginning of the holiday,the concierge and butler service was amazing, very attentive and concerned and supplying chicken broth for me. All the restaurants were advised (perhaps from the Dr), that I had to have very little fat with my meal-amazing, we couldn't believe that they knew ahead!! We had excellent service throughout and would like to express our thanks to all, and especially to Mirna at the Tranquillity Pool for her excellent friendly service, and to Andreas and Marco for their lovely company in the bar and around the hotel. We went to one of their shows (Broadway Night) and it was great. 5 star hotel, with 5 star service, we would definitely go again. We went to rest and unwind and we could not have picked a better place - just what the doctor ordered!!! Some of the distances around the resort are quite far, but a golf buggy was available whenever needed. Would highly recommend. Loved it!!!! Also the weather was fantastic, but due to floods just before we arrived, there were a lot of mosquitoes, but didn't let them spoil the holiday.

Room Tip: Choose an Oceanfront Room - they are lovely, and choose a high floor if you want privacy, although t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit and for the time you took to share your experience at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay among us. Thank you for your positive words regarding our restaurants, as well as the concierge and butler service. We can assure you that Mirna, Andres and Marco are very happy to know that they were part of your wonderful getaway.

We are very glad that we were able to meet your expectations, and to know that you have the intention to visit us again. On behalf of all our team we look forward to seeing you soon; it would be our pleasure to welcome you once again.

Thank you for having the intention of recommending us.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!