“OUTSTANDING!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Expedia.com amextravel.com
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carr. Chetumal-Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Playa Paraiso
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“OUTSTANDING!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Delicious meals, Impeccable service, Exquisite resort, Stunning Beach, Super-Friendly and incredibly polite staff, Excellent premium drinks (golden margarita a fave especially with Don Julio), Peaceful and Tranquil Spa, Great Butler service, Super, super, super clean everywhere, Extreme Spacious balconies, Very Comfortable pillows, Large, modern and well air-conditioned rooms and a hotel that truly offers either having quietness and relaxation or some fun in the afternoon pool and at the Rhapsody.
1. Who cares that there is no Wifi in the rooms -- if necessary your smartphone email works fine in the room or on the beach. Have an evening drink at the lobby bar and Skype or Facetime then.
2. Angel is the best waiter, with the most wonderful personality and sincerest conversation. He is numero uno!
3. The MASSAGES are definitely the ONLY NEGATIVE. Great masseuses but outrageous prices ($130 for the beach, $168 for a deep massage in the spa for an hour). We would have had two each if they were more reasonable. Absolutely ridiculous and no room for negotiations at all.
4. Lobster can be eaten every single day -- unbelievable!
5. No need for Oceanfront rooms as all are wonderfully located.
6. Best 5 star we have been to in years!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel; it was a great pleasure to read the kind comments you wrote on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you have encountered our service and installations very satisfactory, including the staff attitude.

Also we take note of your constructive review, regarding the spa prices we shared your feedback with the concerning department for them to consider revising because we want to achieve complete satisfaction in all the related to our guests experience.

We look forward to host you in the near future.

2,895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you want to be treated like royalty, then this is the place for you to vacation! It was absolutely wonderful for our honeymoon and everything I could have dreamed of! The food was phenomenal with great restaurant choices, my husband loved the Surf and Turf the most. I loved how interactive the Star Friends were, as well as impressed with how they remembered our names from the very first day. We enjoyed the poolside games, as well as other activities from the Star Friends, including how to make homemade guacamole! Yum! Our butler made sure to make our "nights" as romantic as possible, it was wonderful! I loved the swing on our ocean-front balcony. We were impressed with all aspects of this 5-star resort! So much so, that we cannot wait to plan another vacation at this resort! We recommend this resort to all of our friends and family all the time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! And thanks for choosing us to spend such a special time of your life as it is your honeymoon.

It is very important for us to read your comments because they help us see how our guests experience their stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at our hotel was very enjoyable. Also congratulations again, it was our pleasure to were part of this significant celebration.

We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories. We are honored to know that you recommend our hotel to all your friends and family.

It is good to know that you had a great time with the Star friends. On behalf of all our team we hope you had a nice journey back home, and we cannot wait to welcome you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is a great example of the best of the all inclusive concept, the resort is beautiful with a great ocean front, golf course, and all amenities but when concern about the Food and Beverage this hotel does a fantastic job, excellent food, plenty of options, brand name in wine and spirits and service like only you can find in Mexico. I think this adults only is a great option in the Riviera Maya. Did I mentioned the salt water pool? love it!

Room Tip: Buildings 70 and 71 are ocean front, try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you can see the oc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for your encouraging comments on our hotel; it is always great to receive positive feedback on different aspects of our hotel services and installations.

We are grateful to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you consider us a great example of an all inclusive resort.

The gastronomy is also an important facet of our company and we do our utmost to please all palates. It is fantastic to read that you highlighted this aspect and that you think that we are doing a great job. Reviews like yours motivate all Iberostar Grand Paraiso team; we feel very proud to have given you the vacations you deserve.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I must tell you I read about 100 reviews on this hotel before I picked it for our vacation. We went on the REGENT Cruise line (the best in the world really) last April and that was so mind blowing that I had to have an amazing resort this time. Well Iberostar Grand is it! There are only three Grands in the world and this one is the best, so look no further.
FOOD ---- is really 5 Star. The Gourmet Resturant was my favorite with a dish my waiter told me about that involed filet mignon and foie fras, truly wonderful. I would go back for that! The Japanese resturant had and amazing view so go there before the sunsets. We ate at every fine dining resturant and had great food and service in all of them. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever seen.
SERVICE ---Everyone that works here has a smile on their face and they are happy to have their job. They work long hours from 6:00am until about midnight! All this time with a smile on their face and on their lips,"may I help you?" I had a waiter at 7:45 AM breakfast who got me coffee and he also got me wine at 7:30pm at my dinner! Really long work days! But still a smile on his face. I have to mention that everyone is health conscious and no one touches anything with their hands or fingers. The bartenders use small tongs to squeeze the limes into the drinks. I will have to say this is the only trip to Mexico that did NOT include me getting sick from something so they really are doing a great job with the food and drinks. The place is always clean and someone is always cleaning something to keep it nice.
DRINKS---The wine included on the deal was fine. I am a wine snob but truly the wine was more than fine with food. The price of the upgraded wine was not worth it at all. They really did have Grey Goose at the swim up pool bar, which opens at 9:00AM. If you do not call the brand you want you will get a cheaper brand. They also have really nice high end tequila. Again point out which one you want in your drink each time.
ROOMS--- are all great. Every location of every room has a good thing about it. The beach rooms in building 70 and 71 are great for ocean views of course but hey that is a really long walk to the resturants at night in your nice clothes and men in long pants. Building 72 is located near the spa and the tranquilty pool but still 1/2 the resort walk to the beach. I was in the 73 building. Close to the spa pool. I still could see a small view of the ocean from my room and from sitting in that swing on the balcony too. But not everyone in the 73 building gets that view. Most people have a jungle type view. That swing on the balcony is big enough for two people! Nice. The walk to the beach was very long but hey I needed that after eating all that great food.
OCEAN--- I know many people said the ocean had rocks in it. Now really the water is so clean you can see the BIG rocks and not step on them at all, so really no big deal. Just go a little to the left or to the right and you will get in the ocean with no trouble at all.
LUNCHTIME--- Make sure you check out both places for lunch. One has that amazing ocean view (number 16 on the map) and if you eat there after 2:30 you can sit outside in the shade with an ocean breeze and sip wine while looking at the pretty ocean and hearing the waves. The other lunch place is also the breakfast place and they do the grilled food nicely. If you have a hungry husband you could do a light grilled lunch at noon time then between 2:30 and 4:30 you could sit outdoors at the ocean front one and get wine and a small plate of something. The oceanfront one stays open until 5:00 but the grill one closes at 3:00 I think.

This place is great for all types. You could sit and read in peace or you could get involved with the Star Friends all day long. They really try to include and talk to everyone. I went on the bike tour in the morning and it was nice and not too hot yet. I do want to mention here that the bikes are nice but have no kick stand, so when you stop to get off you cannot stand the bike up at all. If you try to lean it on something it falls over. So hotel management why not get the kick stands put on and save the bikes? Also you could add the water bottle holder too! I have no complaints about this hotel (which if you knew me you would say that is amazing!) This is the first time in a long time that I did not check into a hotel and then have to change my room for some reason. Every one is correct that the aircon will only go to #18 which is about 68 but the room never got as cold as I wanted it. We were still ok though. One night we came back to our room to find someone had reset our number to 21, did not notice that until we were in bed. That was way too hot for us. It took three phone calls and a walk to the front desk to get our number back to 18.
The BUTLER--- I have no idea what that is about. I thought he would help me unpack my stuff? NOT! I did tell him I needed more hangers and it took a while and they came after I was done unpacking and had been out of the room. I did let him know I wanted chardonnay in my room and he said that is room service and he made the call. It did come. I did call that butler line a few times during my stay and got no answer and I NEVER saw my butler again. I just wish they did not advertise that you have butler because you do not. The bell boy, my maid and the front desk did everything for us that we needed. So you really do not need the butler anyway. Maybe they do more for the ocean front rooms or the more expensive rooms? I do not know.
SHOPPING MALL-- right there. They will drive you there in a golf cart. The food in the mall is all part of your all inclusive deal so have the taco, the ice cream or what ever. If you see a very thin black cat order her a plain chicken taco and she will eat all of it.
RACCOON- They have wild raccoons that live in the jungle trees, we watch them come down off the trees in the morning and slowly head for the breakfast buffet. The hotel doesn't want you to feed them because they get too close to the food and the tables. One jumped up on my outdoor table one morning. I got to say I loved that! I would go back to see them. I found they love fruit loops and I would just take a box and walk away from the resturant and feed them away from everyone. Do not hand feed them they will bite your finger because they do not know any better. They are so cute. They were following me around. If you do not care for them just walk away. They only want the food not you.
SCUBA DIVING-- My husband had the best dive ever with the Dresser divers located at one of the Iberostar hotels there. Just a golf cart ride away. Do not stay at that Iberostar it is the oldest one and it shows. Stay at the GRAND only.
WOULD WE RETURN? Yes. (I did check out all the Iberostar hotels that were located right there and The Grand is by far the best). The other hotels had too many people on the beach and food looked awful too. One night a couple from my hotel went to dinner at the Rancho (which is at another Iberostar) they only went their because they wanted to redo their honeymoon dinner from a few years ago. I tried to tell them that was not a great idea because they were alreadly staying and paying for the BEST hotel. Well two days later I see them and the man told me he got very sick and had to stay in his room after that dinner! So eat at the hotel you paid for!
Note to management: The Star Friends should get new and better outfits for their night time shows the clothes are worn out and made of cheap material. You should have new and better ones made for them! I also think more people would go to the shows if they started at 9:30. I want to thank all the hard working people that made my vacation wonderful and a special Hello to Samatha a Star Friend. Ok I will start thinking of my next visit to THE GRAND!

Room Tip: Read my review above where I go over the good about each location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations on your very first visit with our resort. We pride ourselves on being conveniently located, offering a wide array of food and beverage.

Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip was also greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more. Your suggestions have been duly noted and we assure you that we will bear them in mind.

We thank you sincerely for choosing the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked this through American Express and knew it would be a great Honeymoon Place from the online photos, but this far surpassed our expectations, we received an upgrade to a villa, had 24 hour butler service and had the best food ever, Lobster at every meal, unlimited top shelf alcohol! You name it they had it!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank very much for sharing these nice comments about your stay in Iberostar Grand Paraiso and congratulations again for your honeymoon. It was our pleasure to share with you such an important time of your life.

We would like to thank you for highlighting our services especially the food, drinks and also our butler service.

To read that we surpassed you expectations make us feel that we are on the right track, thank you once again for your positive review.

We look forward to receiving you again at our resort, to make sure you have another unforgettable experience.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you are looking to be treated like a king or queen by the most friendly staff in all of Mexico then this is your resort. Best service, food, staff, and booze selection you will ever find, I guarantee. I ate lobster and shrimp for a week straight and the staff not only made sure I was full but also that I had everything I needed for the best experience. (Anything you can imagine). I am 33 years old and my wife and I met so many great people from all age ranges and from all over the world that no matter your age or nationality you will love this resort.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive review, all our team is grateful for your wonderful feedback , your words motivates us to keep on working with enthusiasm.

We also thank you for letting us know that our food selection satisfied you. The gastronomy is an important pillar of our hotel and we do our utmost to please all palates. It is enjoyable to read that we could conquest yours.

It is good to know that we made you feel like a star at Iberostar Grand Paraiso, thank you very much for mentioning that our staff is the friendliest in all Mexico :-)

We hope that when you plan your next vacation, you will have no hesitation in giving us the honor to serve you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had visited Iberostar grand bavaro before and absolutely loved the service, food, and grounds. I had to search for another all inclusive and no other brand resort can compare. So I decided to try Iberostar grand once again this time at Iberostar grand Paraiso. And I knew I made the right choice!!! With no regrets!
The resort grounds- were not comparable to any other resort! Absolutely luxurious. The Iberostar grand in punta cana is a baby resort compared to this. I don't think my husband and I get to whole resort b/c its that big!!! There is a huge salt water pool facing the ocean which is beautiful. A buffet facing the ocean and a main buffet that is located in the main building with the other restaurant also facing the ocean. The main building is marble all over make you feel like you walking through a king's palace! Great to take nice pictures. The main lobby has a bar and also another disco bar, cigar room. An atrium garden located right in the middle of the lobby. The italian restaurant is in the main lobby with an italian boat right outside that you can sit to take pictures.
The beach-was a little rocky on the right sides but on the left side closer to the sister resorts was sandy and nice to swim in compared to strong/high waves in Cancun. There were plenty of chairs but didn't seem to get any service as I sat there for half an hour. I think there was only 1 server who is working really hard.
The food-My husband and I love breakfast at the main building. Lunch was great at the main building b/c they served Seafood Ceviche in which I'm addicted to now. It's nice b/c the lady that made it was kind enough to let us know that she was giving out the recipe the next day. And she save it for us the next time she saw us. Lobster and Steak was amazing!!! Better then our local apple bee's and comparable to top restaurant steak quality. THe buffet had good choices as well. For dinner we get to book all the restaurants and our fav was the Japanese and Surf and Turf. Have to try this oyster on the shell at Surf and Turf (top notch quality). The gourmet and Italian was my least fav. Servers were all great but just didn't like the food that much. They all go out of their way to make sure my husband and I like our food b/c they know we didn't really eat much.
The buffet on wednesday was international and I would have to say it's the best dinner out of all. After dinner you can go outside on wednesday to listen to live music/dancing which was wonderful.
Con-My key deactivated some how and didn't work so I let the concierge know and she said she'll will give me my new keys. A couple days went by and know keys so I ask them the next time since I can't get in my room. THey told me to walk to the front desk to get a knew one. And I was in the ocean front build and that is a 5-10 minute walk.
Another problem is that I needed to contact my travel agent to get specific pick up time since they didn't show up at the lobby as promised. So as the front dest, front dest told my I can ask the concierge to call my travel agent. Saw my concierge and she said that hospitality..Called hospitality and they if I want to go to the lobby to make a collect call to my travel agent??? I got a little frustrated and ask the concierge where am I suppose to go? The back to the front desk I went. I think the communication is not to good here and when something is said..do it. Don't tell me one thing and tell me something different later.
Pros: Overall service was great..star friends were friendly and super interactive and really try hard to get you to participate with them which was nice. Samantha and christina was super friendly and it was nice meeting them.
The rooms were beautiful and large. Beds were softer then I expected. The bathroom was huge with his/her sink. We got the corner jacuzzi room in building 70 on the first floor. I really wished I got the 2nd or 3rd b/c we didn't end up using it because ppl were always walking by our room and there was no privacy at all. Nice room overall but try to get 2nd or 3rd floor.
Thanks for the overall experience! Cant wait to come back to iberostar grand paraiso. =))

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests at our hotel and we are very happy that you had such an enjoyable time.

We highly appreciate that you took your precious time to write a detailed review. Both your pros and cons comments have been forwarded to the responsible managers.

Kindly allow us to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We are already taking actions to avoid these issues that can be so understandably unpleasant for our guests.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and provide you with a great stay showing that we have improved our service for you.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!