“Better than we could have imagined!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Expedia.com amextravel.com
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carr. Chetumal-Pto Juarez km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Playa Paraiso
Gainesville, Florida
“Better than we could have imagined!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked this through American Express and knew it would be a great Honeymoon Place from the online photos, but this far surpassed our expectations, we received an upgrade to a villa, had 24 hour butler service and had the best food ever, Lobster at every meal, unlimited top shelf alcohol! You name it they had it!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank very much for sharing these nice comments about your stay in Iberostar Grand Paraiso and congratulations again for your honeymoon. It was our pleasure to share with you such an important time of your life.

We would like to thank you for highlighting our services especially the food, drinks and also our butler service.

To read that we surpassed you expectations make us feel that we are on the right track, thank you once again for your positive review.

We look forward to receiving you again at our resort, to make sure you have another unforgettable experience.

2,895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you are looking to be treated like a king or queen by the most friendly staff in all of Mexico then this is your resort. Best service, food, staff, and booze selection you will ever find, I guarantee. I ate lobster and shrimp for a week straight and the staff not only made sure I was full but also that I had everything I needed for the best experience. (Anything you can imagine). I am 33 years old and my wife and I met so many great people from all age ranges and from all over the world that no matter your age or nationality you will love this resort.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your positive review, all our team is grateful for your wonderful feedback , your words motivates us to keep on working with enthusiasm.

We also thank you for letting us know that our food selection satisfied you. The gastronomy is an important pillar of our hotel and we do our utmost to please all palates. It is enjoyable to read that we could conquest yours.

It is good to know that we made you feel like a star at Iberostar Grand Paraiso, thank you very much for mentioning that our staff is the friendliest in all Mexico :-)

We hope that when you plan your next vacation, you will have no hesitation in giving us the honor to serve you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had visited Iberostar grand bavaro before and absolutely loved the service, food, and grounds. I had to search for another all inclusive and no other brand resort can compare. So I decided to try Iberostar grand once again this time at Iberostar grand Paraiso. And I knew I made the right choice!!! With no regrets!
The resort grounds- were not comparable to any other resort! Absolutely luxurious. The Iberostar grand in punta cana is a baby resort compared to this. I don't think my husband and I get to whole resort b/c its that big!!! There is a huge salt water pool facing the ocean which is beautiful. A buffet facing the ocean and a main buffet that is located in the main building with the other restaurant also facing the ocean. The main building is marble all over make you feel like you walking through a king's palace! Great to take nice pictures. The main lobby has a bar and also another disco bar, cigar room. An atrium garden located right in the middle of the lobby. The italian restaurant is in the main lobby with an italian boat right outside that you can sit to take pictures.
The beach-was a little rocky on the right sides but on the left side closer to the sister resorts was sandy and nice to swim in compared to strong/high waves in Cancun. There were plenty of chairs but didn't seem to get any service as I sat there for half an hour. I think there was only 1 server who is working really hard.
The food-My husband and I love breakfast at the main building. Lunch was great at the main building b/c they served Seafood Ceviche in which I'm addicted to now. It's nice b/c the lady that made it was kind enough to let us know that she was giving out the recipe the next day. And she save it for us the next time she saw us. Lobster and Steak was amazing!!! Better then our local apple bee's and comparable to top restaurant steak quality. THe buffet had good choices as well. For dinner we get to book all the restaurants and our fav was the Japanese and Surf and Turf. Have to try this oyster on the shell at Surf and Turf (top notch quality). The gourmet and Italian was my least fav. Servers were all great but just didn't like the food that much. They all go out of their way to make sure my husband and I like our food b/c they know we didn't really eat much.
The buffet on wednesday was international and I would have to say it's the best dinner out of all. After dinner you can go outside on wednesday to listen to live music/dancing which was wonderful.
Con-My key deactivated some how and didn't work so I let the concierge know and she said she'll will give me my new keys. A couple days went by and know keys so I ask them the next time since I can't get in my room. THey told me to walk to the front desk to get a knew one. And I was in the ocean front build and that is a 5-10 minute walk.
Another problem is that I needed to contact my travel agent to get specific pick up time since they didn't show up at the lobby as promised. So as the front dest, front dest told my I can ask the concierge to call my travel agent. Saw my concierge and she said that hospitality..Called hospitality and they if I want to go to the lobby to make a collect call to my travel agent??? I got a little frustrated and ask the concierge where am I suppose to go? The back to the front desk I went. I think the communication is not to good here and when something is said..do it. Don't tell me one thing and tell me something different later.
Pros: Overall service was great..star friends were friendly and super interactive and really try hard to get you to participate with them which was nice. Samantha and christina was super friendly and it was nice meeting them.
The rooms were beautiful and large. Beds were softer then I expected. The bathroom was huge with his/her sink. We got the corner jacuzzi room in building 70 on the first floor. I really wished I got the 2nd or 3rd b/c we didn't end up using it because ppl were always walking by our room and there was no privacy at all. Nice room overall but try to get 2nd or 3rd floor.
Thanks for the overall experience! Cant wait to come back to iberostar grand paraiso. =))

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have you as guests at our hotel and we are very happy that you had such an enjoyable time.

We highly appreciate that you took your precious time to write a detailed review. Both your pros and cons comments have been forwarded to the responsible managers.

Kindly allow us to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We are already taking actions to avoid these issues that can be so understandably unpleasant for our guests.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and provide you with a great stay showing that we have improved our service for you.

Blackwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this resort to convey how outstanding this place is. I was literally blown away by every aspect, the resort exceeded my expectations by far. the hotel itself truly is GRAND, it has amazing presence on the beach, its breathtaking. this place is immaculate! the cleanliness was impeccable. The service, what can I say, it was TOP NOTCH!!! the staff is so professional and outstanding at what they do. The entertainment crew was awesome! Best service i ever experienced. This place is worth every penny you pay for it. you really have to experience it to truly appreciate it. If anyone has a less than 5 star review for this resort, they are just nit pickers. Honeslty, the Grand deserves 6 stars in my book. You will not regret booking this for your getaway. Also, the pictures can not even do this place justice, it has to be experienced first hand. AMAZING!!

Dear Guest,

What a delight to read your review full of wonderful comments about our hotel. We are very glad to know that you completely enjoyed your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments.

We always try to achieve our guests’ complete satisfaction and it is very motivating and pleasant to know that we reached our goal with your stay. It is good to know that you noticed the effort that each person of our team made to maintain our resort impeccable as you mentioned.

We would like to thank you also for your words about our staff; we do our utmost to give the best quality service that our guests deserve.

We would be absolutely delighted to welcome you again in the near future.

Monkton, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel, staff were ALL AWSOME! Great food and drinks.
Planning on returning next year. All 4 restaurants were excellent. Men, bring one pair of pants to wear for dinner at the 4 restaurants. Buffets are fine if you don't want to wear pants, but you'll miss out on the great food.

Room Tip: Building 71, room 7109. Ocean front, ground floor. Steps away from being on the beach
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear how much you have enjoyed your experience at Iberostar Grand Paraiso, thank you very much for your comments.

Knowing that you consider your stay at our hotel as the best vacation is delightful for us; it means that you fully enjoyed our services and facilities. It is good to know that you liked our food, drinks and the property.

We always try to pamper our guests with the best service to make their stay as comfortable as possible and we are very happy that we could reach our goal with you.

We are pleased to read you are already thinking about planning your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Irvine, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel and great service. The beach is very strong waves( Red Flag every day) can't do any water sports very disappointed!!! The life guard said is like this 24/7!!!!! Golf course is very nice lay out and challenging but why they chose this time to punch and sand the greens without informing us, we planned our trip around golf!!! For those of you book on round trip transfer with Olympus Tour make sure confirm, confirm,confirm with them on your return because they never showed up for our pick up( we tried to confirmed with them 3 times)

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your vacation and for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

First of all, we were delighted to hear that our facilities and the service exceeded your expectations; however, we truly apologize for not having met your expectations in every aspect of your stay.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with the maintenance of the golf course. We always appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome the opportunity to improve; your comments have already been forwarded to concerned departments immediately in order to rectify the point you have described and we can assure you that our colleagues in other departments share the same vision of providing the best possible guest experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and rest assured that we will do our utmost to improve wherever we can.

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am in the travel business and have been to Mexico so many times I have lost count, but over 30 times maybe closer to 50. I have to say the is the best service I have ever received at an all inclusive in Mexico. The rooms are extremely well maintained an comfortable, check in was a breeze. The one thing that I did not like was having to make reservations for dinner at the ala carte restautants. We were just having a quick 3 day getaway so couldn't try all the restaurants. We arrived around 6pm and were exhausted from a long day of travelling and starving. I did not want to do a buffet. I wanted to sit down and be waited on! Concierge said they quit taking reservations at 5pm, but I went back to front desk and expressed my displeasure and he said to get ready and come back at 6:30 and he would call the restaurants and see which one could squeeze us in. And as promised he did and we had an amazing dinner at the Surf and Turf restaurant. It was comparable to any nice restaurant in the US that we would have paid a couple hundred bucks for. Drink service by the pools was fast and efficient. I never sat on beach as it was windy so can't comment on service out there. The beach is gorgeous and you can walk approximately 2 miles to the light house at the other end of Maroma beach in about 45 minutes. Lobby bar drinks were superb, and they will make you a real margarita on the rocks that is excellent. The Japanese restaurant was good and pretty much the same as all the other all inclusives I have been to nothing extraordinary. We did go over to the shopping area and have ice cream and street tacos one day. Street tacos were good, but it is pretty popular place and the other Iberostar resorts can go there too so might have to wait in line. Breakfast and lunch buffets were good, but I am not much of a buffet person so I just can't say they were fabulous. Check out was a breeze and hope to go back sometime soon. I have seen this resort compared to Le Blanc, and if you want to be in Cancun that is great. But if you want a resort in a less congested area with a beautiful beach and not far from the airport this is definitely an excellent choice.

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit to Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Thank you very much for you constructive review, we are delighted to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and that you received the best service you ever had in an all inclusive resort in Mexico.

We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests have wonderful memories so we are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

On the other hand, let us offer an apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, your opinion help us continue working on improving and exceed our guests expectations. We have forwarded your comments on the restaurants reservation system to management.

We feel proud to read that you found our rooms very well maintained and comfortable, and that the lobby bar makes fantastic drinks!

We must say that we were all enchanted to have you at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!