“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso 6 -9 March as the hotel we had booked in the UK was full and we were sent to the Grand Paraiso.
I have to say that it is one of the best hotels my husband and I have ever stayed in.
You cannot complain about any aspect- the service, rooms, beach were all exceptional standard.
As for the food,well that was amazing. Our favourite was the French restaurant and Toni's, both the service and quality of the food was of exceptional standard.
Like another review by the 'Andies' we too are British and agree it may seem expensive, however once you have stayed there and experience the beautiful decor, clean rooms, fab food and have such an overall awsome stay, it is well worth every penny.
If you are thinking of going to Mexico and the Riviera Maya, I would strongly recommend you stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
We will certainly be staying there again in the future

Room Tip: I would stay overlooking the beach or the tranquility pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review shared on this website.

Your kind words about our rooms, food, and the staff and the entire welcoming and friendly atmosphere means a lot to us.

We are proud of our hardworking and friendly staff, who continue helping us reach our goal of being one the best resort in the Caribbean. Your review shows that we are on the right track to achieve this goal!

We thank you sincerely for having chosen the Iberostar Grand Paraiso for your recent Mexican vacation and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Polish first
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

From the time we landed to the time we left, the trip was fabulous. Iberostar staff anticipated our needs. The facility was gorgeous, service was excellent. Food quality was great. We have been to other all-inclusives before but this one was by far the best in all areas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you.

It is also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your vacations among us so much. We hope that you will not hesitate to visit with us again in the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Iberostar Grand Paraiso a couple of times. We always purchase the Ocean Front Butler Service and we are never disappointed. The hotel is well laid out and well kept. We are always most impressed with the food and the wine list. On our last trip I e-mailed them about a particular wine we had during our first stay. They emailed back and said that it was not currently on their wines list but they would see what they could do. When we arrived there was a bottle in our room and it was replaced daily throughout our stay. Now that's service.
The Butlers were attentive but not bothersome. However, they did always find it funny that we would prefer to walk than accept their offers of a ride in the golf cart to wherever we were headed. This is a hotel for relaxation and pampering.
If you're a self proclaimed foodie or simply enjoy a really good wine selection then this resort will appeal to you.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Third Floor. End units have added bonus of Hot tubs on the balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are delighted that you chose to return here with us and thank you for sharing your experience. We highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it is always nice to know we have met your expectations with our outstanding service.

We appreciate your kind words concerning our rooms, food, beverages and service; we were pleased that you found the service from our team to be helpful and friendly; we are sure they will be greatly encouraged by your positive feedback.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back on many future occasions to the Iberostar Grand Paraiso: your home away from home.

Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This review is way over do. I stayed at the Grand over the summer and Iet me tell you I am beyond impressed with the Iberostar chain after staying here. The service, food, rooms, beach, pool, resort ground, employees are the best of the best here. No All-Inclusive resort I have EVER been to has been as amazing as this Resort. I have been to Mexico 4 times. I have stayed at The Crown Paradise Club Cancun, Riu Palace Cancun, Barcelo Maya Tropical in Rivera Maya and have also stayed at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
Non of those All Inclusive resorts compare to The Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
I will also mention that this hotel was a little pricer then the others i stay at.

The food at this resort was amazing. Even the buffets had menus you could order of. You never felt like you were in a typical resort buffet. You were treated like ROYALTY.
Every Restaurant was amazing. Not one thing to complain about. Service was amazing, decor, waiters. I want to mention something a little random but the bathrooms at the restaurants were so nice and clean. Each bathroom was different and decorated in the sickest way. I was socked by the details this resort put into making you feel like you truly were at a Grand Palace. 5*

Room
I had the Standard Room... but this room was no Standard room.. You get your own Butler. Amazing bathroom. The entire room was made of granite and marble pillars. The maids did a great job. Room service was so good! Couldn't see why anyone would want to get a more expensive room. 5*

Beach
AGAIN AMAZING! Blue waters with a ton of chairs and butler service !

Pool
Such a wonderful pool. Clean with perfect views of the Caribbean sea.
Swim up bar was on point!!! Top shelf only at this resort!
Did water aerobics and had a blast.

This hotel shares a propriety with 4 other Iberostar Resorts you have full access to
(they cant step near the Grand)
I was also impressed with the "lower" Iberostar Resorts. All of them were still clean and made you feel like you were in paradise. None of them even the 3* resorts felt white trash or anything. The Iberostar chain is really the best out there.

Disco was pretty fun but a little cheesy Star wars theme LOL
. This you shared with all the resorts on the propriety.

Overall I highly recommend this Resort to anyone who wants to feel like royalty, and truly enjoy a true 5* vacation !

Note.
If anyone wants a more lively vacation i would recommend the Iberostar Parasio Maya or Lindo next door. This resort is a 4* but still very very nice. There is a younger crowed present here. Also children.. but you will find couples or groups of friends ages 21-35 who want to have a good time.
Even the Iberostar Beach and Del Mar 3* impressed me.

ENJOY !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review shared on this website. On behalf of our Management and staff we want to say it was a great honor to have served you. We appreciate your kind words regarding to our rooms, food, beverages, service, pool and Beach.

It was also delightful to read that you enjoyed the Butler service and our entertainment team. We aim to create wonderful memories that last a lifetime, so we are pleased to see that we have reached our goal.

We hope that you will not hesitate to return in the near future so that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Kingsville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My wide is a travel agent. We have been to many resorts. I am almost 40, to give my age. This place has the best food. The best rooms. The best service. The balcony was superb. I've been to other big name hotels. Please try this place. You won't be disappointed. Trust me. Email me for details...

• Stayed January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed a fantastic vacation with us here at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We hope that when planning your next vacation get-away, you will have no hesitation to give us the honor of serving you again.

Thanks for your recommendations!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hi - I have made a point of being British as I think our expectations of things are slightly different to our friends from other parts of the globe. Also there are relatively few reviews of this hotel from the UK as it is quite expensive for us Brits - but well worth it! If you can afford to go and you enjoy up-market all-inclusive hotels, do not hesitate to book. I travelled with my husband and we are aged 43 and 51. It was actually my birthday whilst we were there and we had a nice bottle of Cava and balloons waiting in the room for us after the evening meal.

I wont re-hash what many other reviewers have put but will just give a few hints and tips that we found made our holiday so special and hopefully will yours:

I think the key to getting that 'pampered' feeling (as pevious reviewers have commented that they didn't get this) is to simply politely ask for what you want - don't be shy and reserved fellow Brits! So for example, we asked the change all the pillows on the bed to ones which suited us better; we asked if we could have the room serviced quite early as we like to come back to the room to relax mid-afternoon: ask for your favourite brand of drink both at the bar and in the mini bar - ours was stocked with Coronas along with slices of lime as well! At the restaurants, ask for the wine list - last year at the Grand in Bavaro I didn't even know you could do this and just would ask for 'red' or 'white' but having read a lot of reviews on this site, I have now realised that I can get a bottle of my favourite brand of Californian Merlot at every meal, including the buffets.You can either use the Butler button on the phone in the room for any requests or you can pop to the concierge desk - Fanny on ours in building 72 was especially lovely and helpful.

Ladies, don't bother weighing your cases down with hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc as everything is provided and all are good quality - and I have barmy hair in humid climates and mine was just fine. (sort of)

Which leads nicely onto my next tip - use the weight you have saved on the toiletries to pack more shoes and clothes! I got quite dressed up every night as did the majority of guests. Ok so you got the odd one-or-two who looked a bit (how shall I say...) casual for my taste on an evening but on the whole, people made an effort to look nice for the evening meal and cocktail lounge - there is also a music bar and a nightclub but to be honest, we never really got out of the UK time zone so we'd be up at 5am walking along the beautiful beach, cocktails starting at 8am, much eating and drinking, and then bed for 10pm! Oh and its fine to wear high heels (ladies, or men, whatever floats your boat lol) - on previous trips to the Tucan and the Bavaro beach you felt like you were going to break an ankle in stillettos, but not here - all the outdoor paths are paved, and indoors there are just lovely marble floors and carpets to walk on.

Do a trip or two around the other hotels in the complex and the shopping centre - we had 1 day that was a bit overcast so we did a mini bar-crawl. The bartender at the shopping centre does a nice bloody mary and the snake bar has a good atmosphere. Try tacos and crepes at the shopping centre - ooh and a coconut ice cream too! it was to die for. Which leads onto my next subect...

The food was brilliant! I honestly do not know what previous reviewers find to moan about - and if you don't like something, just order something else! Simples! Our favourite restaurant was Tonis and we went there twice - the fillet steak was cooked to perfection - but we also liked the Italian and the International buffet. I think anyone coming from the UK will be more than happy with the food as the selection on offer would be very expensive over here. We reseved a couple of the restaurants by e-mail before we came and the others with Fanny at the desk when we arrived - one at very short notice so again, I dont know what the issue is with the reservation system - if you are flexible with the days and times, you will have no problems.

We were in building 72 facing the tranquility pool and for us this was the ideal location as we could pop to the lovely atrium within about a minute early in the morning with the i-pad to just check on our family back home, it was 2 minutes to the restaurants, the indoor pool was just across the hall and down the stairs for an early morning swim and we could get to the tranquility pool (our favourtie spot) in a tick - room 7253.

I think that's it without going over what everyone else has already said (great rooms, staff, drinks, grounds etc etc ) We had a brilliant holiday (after enduring a flight-from-hell with Thomas Cook which is a different story altogether...) and definately plan to return. Please message me with any questions you may have. x

Room Tip: we like building 72 on the tranquility pool side - nice and handy for everything and the hallways ar...
Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for your kind review about your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso. Our goal is to achieve our customers’ entire satisfaction and we are extremely proud to know that we contributed to your having an unforgettable birthday celebration.

We want to thank you for highlighting our services. It is good to know that you liked our meals and that you went to our shopping mall to try crepes and tacos.

We loved to read that you had a great time with our staff. We can assure you that Fanny is very pleased to know that she was part of your great stay.

Your review motivates us to keep meeting our demanding quality standards. To us there is no better reward than our guests’ positive comments. We would be absolutely delighted to accommodate you again on your next visit.

Deerfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just got back from the Grand. So much better than 2012. New general manager and new chef were evident. Last year, room service was horrible and always late, this year, within a minute of when we wanted our service. Both years, never saw the butler but once, but at least this year the butler took care of everything we needed the first day instead of day four last year.
This year, the spa swimming pool was heated which made it usable unlike last year. This year the bathrooms by the tranquility pool were working, unlike last year. Better quality of food - although preparation is not gourmet. It's best to order food prepared simply. Cleaning of rooms was improved, last year my balcony wasn't cleaned after a bird messed it all up. Staff were more pleasant. Chaise loungers need brand new cushions - cushions have no cush and they need to be cleaned daily (lots of bird mess). Also, need improved waiter service at the bar. All in all 100% better this year than last.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort for the second time. We are honored to serve you again.

We are glad to hear that we met your expectations in some points; however we are very concerned to read we still have not met them regarding our butler and bar service. You can rest assured we will work on it. Indeed, your wellbeing and your entire satisfaction is our primary goal.

At the Iberostar Grand Paraiso, we are committed to take the suggestions of our guests very seriously, we have shared your comments to our department managers in order to improve and enhance the quality of our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and give us another chance to show you the quality of service that we are capable of offering.

Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!