“10 TIMES AND COUNTING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

You added Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - P. Juarez Km 309, Playa Paraiso, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Florida
“10 TIMES AND COUNTING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

You would think that after 10 visits to Iberostar Grand Paraiso we would have had our fill and would want to visit a different resort. Not so, as we are planning our 11th trip in July. IGP keeps getting better with subtle changes that just make your visit an awesome experience. The staff here is incredible and goes out of their way to make you feel special and truly appreciates your repeat patronage. Shirley, the Public Relations Manager is a joy to work with and so very pleasant. She does a fantastic job representing Iberostar and keeping repeat guests very happy. Ricardo and Jorge with the bell staff are super friendly and always greet you warmly and remember you from prior trips. On this visit Shirley and I preplanned a romantic dinner on the beach for my husband’s birthday. Roberto was our waiter and it was a wonderful experience; great atmosphere under the stars and a delicious dinner with amazing personal service. Other staff members to provide exceptional services were Leticia in the Japanese Restaurant, Edwin in Tony’s, Walter in the buffet restaurant, Roberto in the Gourmet, Rodiberto makes the best pasta in Bella Vista, and Alexandra mixes up a great Caesar salad. Mirna who worked tirelessly to keep our drinks filled at the Tranquility pool is so warm and friendly. Olivia, now a very special person to us is always on site making the best eggs in the morning and a tasty Caesar salad at lunch. She spoiled us by bringing us Magnum ice cream bars and nachos on the beach everyday. Seriously, folks, you don’t even need to get up off your expanded butt and go get food or drink. On this visit, we were extremely lucky to have the best butler on staff; Victor. There are no words that can describe Victor’s sincerity and passion for making your vacation the best it can be. He is so caring and always trying to do something more to be sure you are happy and comfortable. And, ALWAYS has time to chat and make you feel special. Thank you Amigo! With staff such as this, Iberostar Grand is a diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium. We have been to both Grand Rose Hall and Grand Punta Cana, but only once at each, as it is the wonderfully warm and hospitable staff at IGP that keeps us coming back.

The property is palatial and painstakingly maintained. The rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds, large bathrooms and a very efficient housekeeping staff. We had a beachfront Jacuzzi room on the second floor and it was very private with an incredible view. The beachfront buildings are fabulous and really make the experience so much better as you don’t have that typical “hotel” corridor feel. The indoor Spa pool is a nice way to spend the afternoon complete with steam and sauna in the locker rooms. The food was very good, plentiful and the Ala Carte restaurants offer enough variety to keep your taste buds happy as well as a beautiful ambience. Shirley and her staff are happy to accept advance dinner reservations, if you like. The Star Singers, Dancers and Band are awesome. Eder with the Star Friends is a delight and the Star Friends offer many activities during the week to keep you entertained. Please be sure to stop by the Theatre at 10 PM and see the Rock Show, Boogie Nights, Musical Highlights, and Las Vegas Show. These shows are particularly good with fun costumes and professional singing and choreography. We’ve seen these shows 10 times and still enjoy the musical and dancing talent.

We’ve traveled to several all inclusive properties over the years and can honestly say that IGP is our favorite. It offers everything we could want in a vacation experience. It is nice to return to a property where you know that your repeat patronage is very much appreciated, recognized and rewarded.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms in building 70 and 71 have beautiful views and great ambience.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review shared on this website. On behalf of our Management and staff we would like to let you know that it was a great honor to serve for the 10 times. This means a lot to us, we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you have placed in us.

Please be assured that we look forward to welcoming you “back home” where your Mexican family awaits you.

Warmest Regards,

Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Truly a 5-star experience! We couldn’t have ordered better weather for our stay. As an adults-only resort, Iberostar Grand Paraiso is the perfect choice for those who want exceptional service, outstanding facility and excellent food and drinks. The Italian specialty restaurant was our favorite, but we also enjoyed the surf & turf, Japanese and gourmet restaurants as well. The wait staff was very attentive in all. Special thanks to Rene and Olivia in the Italian restaurant for making the evening memorable!

Room Tip: Make you specialty restaurant reservations for your entire stay as soon as you arrive
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind words, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; it was a pleasure to have you with us. We will forward your comments to the managers; this is always motivating to receive e-mails like yours.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back soon and create new memories

Sincerely yours,

Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a romantic 10 day trip to the Iberostar Grand and already booking our next trip. We will be staying 2 weeks next year to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

If you want to read a good review, read erin464's below. However I'm not sure why she couldn't find the berries, pineapple and watermelon as I ate them every morning?

The only thing that comes to mind is they could use a little bit of updating in the rooms with fresh paint etc. I'm a bit upset to read however how many people were given free upgrades to the ocean front property when I paid for it. I will be contacting them directly to book my next trip and expect the upgrade at no additional cost.

Room Tip: Go big or go home...Ocean view all the way!!!!
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Iberostar Grand Paraiso team, we appreciate the time you invest to write your experience with us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also appreciate your comments about the rooms, you can be sure that managers are going to make the necessary changes to make your next stay unforgettable.

We hope to have the honor of your visit in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Congratualtions for Ms. Aline, Felicidades a Srita. Aline Mayordomo or Clerk
Great hotel, great food, great service.
Great investment.
Great quality.
Large distances to walk throughout the hotel. Largas distancias para caminar.
Shame on Golf Carts service, either do not want to transport you or ask for tip
Piden limosna o si no, no te transportan dentro del hotel.

Worst come in signing out the hotel. Lo peor es al terminar la estancia.
Hay una señora Priscila en Recepcion. There is a Mrs. Priscilla at the Front Desk
Te amenaza con cobrarte cargo extra si no te sacaron del cuarto a las 12 del dìa.
Threatens to extra charge if room is not empty if bell boy has not taken out you by 12 pm
Even if you have asked prior to that time. Aunque lo hayas solicitado con anterioridad.

Yo viaje con mis tìas y madre ya mayores y ese hecho de amenaza, incluso diciendoles que no se atrevieran a caminar por el hotel una vez obtenido el pase de salida., determino el no volver a ese hotel. Sobre todo porque no hay un Director o Gerente que calme a esta Señora. Priscilla.
I travelled with my elder aunts & mom, and this fact adding that they were threatened of not walking into the hotel back again after getting the exit pass, determined for not coming back ever to this hotel, specially because there were no Director or Manager to calm this Mrs. Priscilla.

Magnific service from a french woman that was internship.
Magnifico servicio de una Srita. francesa que esta entrenamiento.

Room Tip: Always ask for the manager, do not rest on front desk people. Siempre pregunten por el Director, no...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you for choosing Iberostar Grand Paraiso, in reference to your comment please receive our apologies for the incident you experienced upon check out. Daily we work with a professional team who is constantly looking forward to the full satisfaction of our guests.

Nevertheless, we are pleased to hear that despite having this issue, you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We do hope that your other treasured moments at the property will remain dear to you and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from our Mexican vacation and I can safely say that the Iberostar Grand Paraiso was the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed in! Granted, I haven’t stayed in a lot of resorts and I am typically more of a “hostel” girl but this resort went a long way to making this a fabulous trip. When we arrived we were met with hot towels and champagne, and were upgraded to an ocean front suite for free! Now I read in another review that a person felt they’d been swindled because when they got to the room they’d been upgraded to, they found a pre-printed personalized letter there, indicating the room had been theirs all along. Maybe so, but who cares? Certainly not us, when we got to our room and saw that amazing view of the ocean and beach!!! As soon as we put our luggage down, we heard a knock on our door and it was our butler there to introduce himself and ask what we needed. We requested Kahlua, wine, and Coors Lite, and when we got back to our room after a quick tour of the property we found everything waiting. Our mini-fridge was always well stocked with water and everything else we requested – no problems there.

The service at this resort is top-notch. As I mentioned I do not stay in a lot of high-end resorts so maybe it just doesn’t take much to impress me, but I loved the turn-down service and chocolates on our pillows every night. And the selection of pillows to choose from was great! Our butler was always around to make sure we were enjoying our stay, and the concierge was great with answering questions. We also liked that we were able to borrow DVD’s from our concierge. We had couple of early mornings so we had a few movie nights instead of staying out at the bar or going to a show. Everyone we encountered at this resort was so great and went way out of our way to make our visit amazing – even to the point of anticipating our needs before we’d even thought of them! One night we came back from the nightly show to find that our butler had prepared us a bubble bath, complete with rose petals from the door to bathroom, and then to the bed where there were petals everywhere and two swans made from towels forming the shape of a heart. It was so sweet and romantic! Unfortunately the bath must have been prepared a while before we got there, because the water was ice cold. Even still, it was a nice surprise. We’re still wondering if this is something they do for everyone…

The good about this resort:
- The grounds: lush plants and flowers, rain forests, beautiful pools and beaches – everything was so scenic and gorgeous!
- The rooms: I loved the size of the bathrooms with his and hers sinks, the rain shower, two closets, and the chaise lounge by the balcony for reading
- The balconies: HUGE! And with a couch, table, and swing chair, there were lots of places to relax outdoors and enjoy the view. We ordered room service for breakfast on our last day, and ate on our balcony enjoying the view of the ocean
- The main pool: It was nice that we could get free sunscreen, and we almost never had issues finding a chair (though the ones in the shade were hard to come by). The water was a perfect temperature, and the only thing I would change is the depth of the water between where you get in and where the swim-up bar is located. I’m short (just under 5 ft) and the water was chin level, which made walking over there difficult. I guess I could have swam but that would have been difficult with a drink in my hand!
- The activities: We only participated in beach yoga because we really wanted to just lay around relaxing, but I could tell from the daily activity schedules that there were all sorts of fun things guests could participate in. And the Star Friends were always around trying to get everyone to join in, in that friendly way of theirs
- Italian and Surf & Turf Restaurants – we had great food and great service at both. Yumm!! I especially liked that we were not rushed to finish our meals. We spent well over 2 hours at the Surf & Turf restaurant and our waiter was so friendly and was always there with more wine the second our glasses got low
- No kids! SO amazing. We went to the Paraiso Lindo next door and it was overrun with screaming kids running around and splashing in the pool. It was a relief to return to the tranquility of the Grand afterwards
- Nightly entertainment: we went to 3 shows, 2 which we really enjoyed. The Mexican Folk show and the Musicals show were both great! The Pre-Mexican show was just boring and cheesy however. We wish we’d been there for Rock Night as everyone we talked to said that was the best show
- Lunch Buffet Building – amazing location right on the beach, with the best view! It’s too bad they don’t use this building for all the buffet meals as it is a much more scenic setting than the main buffet

The not so good:
- Some of the décor looks quite dated and gaudy – particularly in the main foyer (front desks and front bar), the breakfast/dinner buffet, and in the main hall running between the entrance and the restaurants. I was a bit surprised to find out that this hotel is only a few years old as it looks like it came out of the 80’s or 90’s in places. The rooms are beautiful though, so only a minor quibble!
- Buffet food was hit or miss. You could always count on delicious cheeses at every meal and lots of fresh veggies, bread and desert, but some of the food was not great. For instance, the fruit spread at breakfast – why no berries, pineapple, watermelon, etc.? I don’t eat red meat so can’t tell you anything about the pork or beef dishes, but some of it didn’t look that appetizing. The lunch selection was particularly poor, with lots of fried foods. We’re in our bathing suits – that’s not what we want to be eating!!
- Gourmet Restaurant: Really the only bad dining experience we had. I found the menu incredibly limited and I really disliked the food I ordered (the sole). It was virtually tasteless. Desert was okay, but the only part of the meal I enjoyed was the French onion soup at the start. The décor is also pretty bad
- The rooms were really hot at night. You'd think the fan would be located over the bed instead of by the balcony (and I say this as someone who NEVER gets hot at night and hates AC or fans while I'm sleeping)

All in all, I would come back to this resort in a heartbeat! There is so much more we’d like to do there (spa, gym, pool-side activities, free non-motorized water sports, other nightly shows, the Japanese restaurant). I completely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean-front upgrade if you can! We were in building 70 and we loved it.
Dear guest

We appreciate the time you invested in writing a review of your stay, and on behalf of IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso we would like to express our gratitude for the kind words you have submitted about us.

We really thank you for your kind feedback as it allows us to continuously improve in our service. We are really sorry for the inconveniences you had at the buffet and meals at the Gourmet restaurant, for sure we will do our best effort working hardly on those aspects and we will be very glad if you give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Divine!

We researched our vacation and found such positive comments on this hotel. A week before our trip I called the hotel directly to confirm our request for a room high up with 2 beds. I sent email with our requests for dinner reservations in the a la carte restaurants and received confirmation that same day!

Travelled with a friend April 17 to April 24/12. Quick exit through Cancun Airport and straight on to our Sunquest bus headed for Iberostar Grand Paraiso! We were met with a cool washcloth and a drink. Efficient check-in.

Our room was perfect! Two double beds, big balcony , sitting area , and large bathroom with full size shower and separate jacuzzi tub. We had two counters each with its sink. Lots of towels and lovely amenities including 2 types of soap and bath salts.

Every guest has access to the concierge staff who work long hours and always try to meet your needs effectively, cheerfully and thoughtfully. A butler delivers whatever you may need such as a video or change in pillow. The concierge can make a dinner reservation for you, confirm your flight, and bring sunshine to your day!

The restaurants are all fantastic! The waiters are always eager to make your dining experience a happy time. They are interested in getting to know you and finding out your special requests. You can order espresso, or cafe latte, or cappuccino any time- your waiter will remember! Olivia cooks eggs at breakfast and she knows how each guest wants their egg after the first day! Manuel served us breakfast and welcomed us each morning by name! We had delicious medium rare steak at the Gourmet restaurant and yummy lobster thermidor! We had a delicious pasta at the Italian restaurant. The quality of food was excellent at the buffet also with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

If you want to explore the resort just stroll around or tell the bellhop and he will organize a golf art to take you! You can visit the shopping centre on site for knick knacks and souvenirs. You will feel very safe in the resort.

The hotel is so clean and beautiful! All day you wilnotice a large staff polishing everything from railings to scrubbing hottubs. The beach is groomed and you can safely walk on the powdery sand. The housekeeping staff clean your room thoroughly. When they turndown at night they always surprise you- might be rose petals on your bed, aromatherapy, fresh flower in the bathroom or chocolate on your pillow. If you need anything extra just tell your concierge and it wil happen!

There are two pools- one is quiet and one is busy with activities. The recreation staff organizers yoga twice a day, spinning twice a day, bike tours of the resort, beach ball volleyball, water games. You can relax and do nothing or have a super time joining in. All of the rec staff know your name after they see you just once! You can also do your own jog or go to the gym to use machines and weights. Joel will help you with magazines, books, sunscreen and towels. He will also know your name and needs after the first day! Look for him at the main pool towel hut. We swam in the ocean several times and it was fantastic! Some days the waves are a bit rough but most of the time you can enjoy dipping in the ocean comfortably. You can walk out as the water is shallow.

Before dinner enjoy some live music in the lobby bar. After dinner make your way to the theatre for 10 pm. Every night there is a show! Sit back and enjoy a nightcap. The shows are fun and quite professional. Lots of singing and dancing with great costumes and sets. And if you still feel frisky go to the bar at midnight for karaoke! Make dinner reservations before you travel by email for a la carte dining.

I tried to borrow a yoga mat to do my own yoga practice but the hotel does not have a lot of mats and is reluctant to lend them out. So if you are a yogi take your own mat along on the trip.

We had the most perfect vacation at this adult resort. All of the staff works with care, smiles, and pride. Everyone knows your name after the first day. The manager, Alfonso Lopez is watching everything all the time and he is highly competent. He runs a 5 star hotel that has earned its rating in every way! I can't wait to return to this paradise!
Bravo to everyone working at this hotel! You are the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
IberostarMexico, Quality manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest:

On behalf of our Management and staff we want to thank you for your kind review. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and it was a pleasure to have you here with us. It is always motivating to receive comments like yours.

We hope that you will not hesitate in returning in the near future and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Warmest Regards,

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Paraiso is spanish for paradise and this resort is truly a piece of paradise! My husband and I stayed at the IGP from April 8th to the 15th and it was fantastic from start to finish! If you follow tripadvisor like I do, you will notice how most of the reviews for this resort are basically the same...WONDERFUL. I don't know how to express how unbelievable this resort really is or what new information I might add but I will share our experience and hopefully it will be helpful.
This was our first trip to Mexico but second to an Iberostar Grand property. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana last year and it was fantastic! The Iberostar Grand resorts really know how to deliver the best in an adults only all inclusive vacation! We thought that there was no way to top the Bavaro but we were wrong. This resort really stands out as the top of the line all inclusive resort.
Room: Beautiful! Large, clean, gorgeous bathroom and wonderful balcony. The swing on the balcony is so comfy. I enjoyed a cold drink there everyday after returning from the pool before getting ready for dinner. We had a room overlooking the tranquility pool with a view of the ocean in the distance. We really enjoyed how private and quiet it was and saw no need to spend more for an oceanfront room. Personal preference I guess.
Food: Excellent! We ate at the buffet each morning and the beach buffet for every lunch. Both were great with varied choice. When we asked for a glass of white wine to have with our lunch they delivered a bottle in a silver ice bucket which attached to the edge of the table. Perfect!
Unlike some others, we had absolutely no issues with dinner reservations. Our concierge booked the restaurants we wanted on the nights we wanted and for the times we requested. We did not try the Japanese restaurant but ALL of the others we wonderful. Try something different if you visit the restaurants more than once and you won't be disappointed. If something isn't to your liking the staff will happily make things right for you. One example is that we are red wine lovers and ordered a bottle of red wine each night with dinner. We enjoy our wine at room temp and noticed that sometimes the bottle felt chilled. All we had to do was ask to have it at room temp and within minutes they returned with what we had asked for.
Pool/Grounds: Unbelievable. Such attention paid to every detail. From floor to ceiling this resort exudes class and opulence. All of the pools are wonderful. I was a little unsure of a salt water pool but it is gorgeous and so large.
Staff/Service: This is what truly makes the Iberostar Grand resorts stand out. From the front desk staff to the maids, bartenders, restaurant servers, Star Friends, spa staff and grounds keepers, everyone goes out of there way to make sure you are enjoying your stay but never in an intrusive way. All staff work so hard, so please be pleasant, friendly and curtious and take the time to chat and get to know some of the local staff members.
Finally, all I can say is that if you have booked this resort, RELAX. You have made a perfect choice. It's worth every penny and you will enjoy every minute. We have never stayed at a resort more than once but have already decided to return to this resort next year. I will turn 50 and can't imagine a better place to celebrate!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We were happy to know that you had a wonderful vacation and we are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations on your visit with our resort.
It was our pleasure to have served you and we hope to welcome you once again in this Paradise.

Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!