“Best Round of Golf Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
Heanor, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Best Round of Golf Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Writing this on behalf of my husband, I just drove the cart! This was one of the best days of our honeymoon. The golf course was amazing, the wildlife interesting, and the refreshments cart top notch! The fact that we were half way round a golf course eating sandwiches and drinking Jack and Coke was just brilliant! Couldn't fault it one bit. And the fact that it was free as part of our stay at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso was the icing on the cake. Brilliant.

Visited July 2012

Bernardsville, NJ
“Great Golf Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Loved the fact that it was included with our IGP stay! Beautifully well-kept and challenging, yet fair!

North Aurora, Illinois
“Wonderful Pete Dye Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We loved the course. It is a Pete Dye course and is challenging but not too hard for a casual golfer. There is a lot of wildlife to enjoy on the course and they truly keep it immaculate. They have a beverage and food cart that circles around so you can keep hydrated and enjoy snacks. There are also very nice bathrooms scattered along the course as well. If you are looking for a great course I would highly recommend this course. We talked to some people who have golfed a lot of courses in the area and they said that this course is by far the best in the area.

Visited April 2013
Miami
“Great golfing right from your hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am more into diving than golfing, but this vacation I did both. First time I tried golfing here (third time in the hotel) and probably not the last.

Houston, Texas
“Big Break Mexico was filmed here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I found out the day before our trip that this seasons Big Break on the Golf Channel was filmed here back in January 2013. My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand which allows you to play 1 round for every 2 days you stay at the resort. I was fortunate to play the course twice and was not disappointed. The course conditions were immaculate; very plush fairways, minimal rough and true rolling greens. It is a Pete Dye design, so be prepared to be tested. Most of the holes are friendly off of the tee box, but hitting greens in regulation is a must. The greenside slopes are extremely steep and slick, bunkers are also very deep and strategically placed. I had multiple shots within 10 feet of the pin and spin off the green, catch the slope, leaving me with a difficult chip or even a pitch shot which were all up hill. From the tips it is a really good test of golf, the other 3 sets of tees offer a reasonably easy and fun round of golf. The service is phenomenal from setting up a tee time, complimentary food and drinks (alcohol included), club storage, and club rentals. The course has also hosted the Riviera Mayan Open, last played in 2012 in which Spencer Levin shot a total of -21.