We spent 17 nights at El Dorado Casita Royale in April 2010 for our honeymoon and it was absolute bliss, it was so perfect we only left the resort once the entire time we were there! The first thing you notice is the staff and how friendly they are as well as how big the resort is. The size isn't an issue though as they have golf carts taking you up and down the resort all day which is great in the heat.
The room we stayed in was a Casita suite which had an indoor jacuzzi, a wet room as a bathroom and a fantastic view right near an outdoor pool. The patio has an outdoor bed which is fab to relax on. The indoor bed was large and comfy covered in a very romantic mosquito type net.
About 6 days in the rain set in for three days but it wasn't a problem as we passed our time with the spa, massages, dvd's and restaurants! The only problem we did find with the rain was we were on the ground floor and we had an ant infestation in the bathroom. Our personal concierge were unable to clear this even after they had the defumigator come round (they have one on site) so they very kindly upgraded us to an Infinity Pool Casita Suite room for free which was on the 'newer' side of the resort, and it was upstairs. Just when we thought this place couldn't be any more perfect, we realised our new room was perfect for us as we were on our honeymoon and wanted some privacy. This room had again an indoor jacuzzi but also the most incredible outdoor shower which is great when the sun is scorching down on you! The interior of this room was much more modern and a mosquito net wasn't required as we were on the top floor. There was also a pool attached to the room too, which wasn't too big but enough for two to relax and sunbathe in - it's perfect for when the heat is on you.
The Infinity Pool Swim Up's are only good if you want to socialise and meet other couples but this isn't the type of resort for a lads holidays or meeting large groups of people. It's a very romantic resort and if you want peace and relaxation after planning a crazy wedding, then go for the rooms upstairs and ideally the Infinity Pool Casita Suite!
The restaurants are outstanding! Our favourite was definitely Kampai (Japanese) and D' Italia, and as a snack the Healthy Bar but all were of exceptional standard - true gourmet. Our standard evening meal consisted of at least five courses and we both managed to lose weight even though we eat loads! It's very healthy and the quality of food is top notch. On more than one occasion we eat at one restaurant early evening then went on to a second later in the evening - the beauty of a fantastic all inclusive!
Room service was gourmet too and it's 24 hours. When they deliver it to your room they ensure they have set up the table properly with all condiments placed correctly. The staff are incredibly attentive and seat you before they leave.
The beach is owned by the resort and if you stay in the Casita suites you will have exclusive use of the bed lounges on the beach. They have beach butlers too who bring you any drinks you like all day long and because it's all inclusive they don't expect you to carry money so you don't need to leave a tip. In fact you wont need to leave tips at all unless you have exceptional service, as the final bill includes the service charge. The beach/swimming pool butlers also bring you sun tan lotion and they were happy to leave the bottles behind too for you!
The resort has an onsite doctor and if you do need any medicine it will be with you within an hour. There are a few gift shops too which aren't too expensive.
If there had to be a negative from our honeymoon it would only have to be a sales tour we went on, which was a sales pitch to invest in the resort. Believe me, unless you really want to invest and have money to blow, go for it, otherwise, it's 2 hours of sunbathing and relaxation that you don't get back!! On the flip side, the same day we went on the tour, we were upgraded for free - we wern't sure if they thought we would invest!!
Thankfully, due to the volcanic ash cloud we had a few extra days and we absolutely loved every extra bonus day! The standard of service will really stand out for you. We would definitely visit El Dorado Spa Resorts again, probably on a special anniversary because it really is an exclusive place with some treasured memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico