We had the most amazing honeymoon at this resort. Everything was very clean, food was beyond delicious, and the staff couldn't be more helpful without being pushy! We had the greatest bartender of the entire resort, thank you Guillermo for making it so wonderful! He was even able to give us some excellent suggestions on where to eat when we went out to playa del Carmen. Both of us spent most of the time in our bathing suits. It is recommended that you wear a shirt or cover up waking a round the resort, honestly I would have felt silly not. Dress for the evening various but I felt most comfortable in dresses while my husband wore dress shorts and polos or button downs.
There are a ton of activities going on all the time, however we chose to stay towards our room and a little more secluded which was amazing. We did get a massage on the beach which was worth it just to lay and hear the waves, not my best massage but the ocean view made up for it. We also snorkeled on the resort and thought that was pretty cool. The only other activity we participated in was the fire show, interesting but short. Bonanza ranch is on the property but considered an excursion. We loved the horses and swimming in the cenote. Only problem, so many bugs! Even though they give you bug spray bring more!
As far as food goes we highly suggest going to Santa Fe grill for breakfast and dinner. JoJos is good for lunch but a little disappointing for dinner, plus the bartenders there are not as friendly. Kampia was excellent for dinner. We ordered a lot of room service and ate on our porch. Where ever you eat always order more than you think you would normally because portions are very small.
We would go back in a heart beat and swear it is worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico