This was our 3rd stay at the El Dorado Royale. Our main concern was the walking but they now have shuttle buses! However they only run every 15 minutes so it still involves A LOT of walking.
First, they upgraded us to a lazy river room which was spectacular. Unfortunately because I have bad knees and cannot walk distances we asked our 2nd day for a room more centrally located which they accommodated immediately. Our room was equally as nice and moments from the lobby, pools and restaurants.(1500's)
The pools were awesome, warm and plenty of chairs. But as always if you want a bed or certain location you need to reserve it early. The bar staff was great and all the drinks were made properly.
The food for an all exclusive was very good. There is a buffet for breakfast and also a full menu. Lunch is available in several locations and we found dinner to have a great variety to choose from. Our favorites were the Italian by the lobby, (there are 2) the international and the Oriental. We tried several choices like the lobster lasagna at the Italian, beef tenderloin at the Cocotal (International) and the spectacular spring rolls with dipping sauces and chicken and duck entrees at the Oriental. But get there early or be prepared to wait.
The grounds were impeccable and the staff very accommodating. We didn't make the entertainment but found ourselves up a few nights after going to bed early from too much sun. The only bar open after 11:00 is the beach bar which closes at 2:00 The room service was adequate (burgers, and such) but no alcohol is available.
In short ignore any bad reviews! This was our 12th year at an all inclusive and one of our best vacations so far. And FYI check with a travel agent. There are certain weeks you can book at a very discounted price. The only hitch is you don't know which El Dorado resort you will stay at until the week before.But they are all equally as nice so who cares!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico