My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at El Dorado Royale, and it was so fantastic. I am a skeptic, so I read all the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, just to see what people were saying. I have to tell you all, I have no idea why people didn't enjoy their time there.
The grounds were beautiful, and HUGE, just perfect for a long walk together. The food was pretty darn great (JoJo's fish and chips are awesome!), the staff was friendly, the room was wonderful, and the service was superb. Was it all perfect? No, of course not. But if you go in expecting perfection, you're sunk right from the start. We loved this place! We were spoiled rotten, and felt like we had definitely made the right choice in resorts.
As to the 'time share' thing that people are complaining about... yes, you *may* be asked if you want to do a '30-minute tour', where they will try and sell you a suite there. But we were asked, and simply said, "no thanks", and that was the end of it. It simply wasn't an issue.
Yes, the beach wasn't postcard perfect, but it suited our tanning and swimming needs just fine. There are breakers in the water, and that's fine by me! I'd rather not be swamped by a mondo wave, thanks. It's just common sense, considering the location.
So, all in all, we were VERY impressed. We had room 507, and we feel that it was the perfect suite! Swim-up, close to restaurants, and far enough away from the bars that we didn't hear them at night. The resort is pretty quiet, so if you're looking for a killer nightlife, you may want to research other places. But El Dorado was perfect for us. LOVED the 'adults only' thing!!
My one complaint? Well, especially in the restaurant Kampai (great spring rolls, by the way!), they pump some sort of sickly sweet scent into the air in the bathroom that was pretty terrible. They do it in the hotel lobby too, but not nearly as bad as Kampai. So keep that in mind, and maybe use the bathroom elsewhere if you dine in Kampai.
Thank you El Dorado Royale for making our honeymoon absolutely wonderful. We wouldn't change a thing, and we'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Agoda and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico