My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon at the El Dorado Royale (12/25/12-01/01/13). It was easily the best vacation that we have ever had. Our trip almost started out as a complete disaster due to a error by the airline (cancelling our seats) which we found out about 20 minutes or so before the flight took off. We booked through a travel agent at Executive Travel, Scott Glaser, who saved our honeymoon. Not only did Scott get us a great deal before on the honeymoon he fixed all the problems by booking us out on a different flight on the same day. He took time away from his family on Christmas morning to completely remedy this situation. To make up for the Airline's error Scott even paid for an excursion for us to go to Tulum, Paradise Beach, and Cenote diving. Needless to say, we will never use a different travel agent again, and if you are booking a trip I highly recommend requesting Scott Glaser at Executive Travel.
As for the Eldorado Royale, it met all of our needs and more. First, the all inclusive package was a great way to vacation, especially at a place with so many good restaurants. The resort had so many restaurants it was difficult to sample them all (the only place we didn't eat was Fuentes). The food at this place is top notch. Note: Some of the restaurants are five star quality and that means the portions are a little smaller. So if eating at D'Italia, or Kampai make sure to order several appetizers and desert too. (Don't be shy it is all inclusive.) If you still are hungry just order room service (24 hours a day inclusive) when you get home from one of the many great bars.
The entertainment: Fantastic, we were able to see several shows and the staff and the acts are very high quality. Our favorite was the Michael Jackson show. Also, if you ever can go to the Royale on New Years Eve, you are in for a treat. Multiple live bands, a mini carnival, dance floor, bull riding. It was amazing.
The Service: The staff at the hotel met all of our needs, every question we had was answered promptly. The wait and bar staff was friendly and much better than any we have experienced in the United States. Hint: Tip the waiters, maids and bar staff. Yes, this is an all inclusive place you are not required or ever pressured to tip. If you do though, your drinks will be little better, your food will come out a little faster, and you will get even better towel origami creatures left on your bed. The staff here is great, tip them and they will be the best you have ever had.
The Excursions: We went on two excursions. A trip to Cancun, shopping in the market, malls, and Tequila tasting after going to the famous Senor Frogs. We went through Odyssey travel and Jesus (located at the El Dorado Royale) for this excursion. Jesus is the greatest, he takes customer satisfaction very seriously. If there is something you want to do or buy in Mexico, Jesus will get it done. The second excursion was through Lomas (the one our travel agent covered) and was to the ruins at Tulum, Paradise Beach, and Cenote diving. We loved this excursion. Tulum should be on every person's bucket list.
The Beach: If there is one thing at the resort that should get less than a 10/10 it would be the beach, but the beach still gets a 9/10. Many people on here have complained about the artificial reefs (sandbags) on the beach but we loved them. The fish seem to congregate around them which makes snorkeling on the beach a blast. The only thing that may lose a point here is that there are some areas in the water that are a little rocky, but I am told this is not uncommon. It isn't everywhere, and it wasn't a big deal to us but if you have super sensitive feet you may think about packing some water shoes or sandals that you can strap to your feet.
We want to thank everyone at the El Dorado Royale, our Travel Agent Scott Glaser, and our travel adviser Jesus for making our honeymoon one to remember.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royal
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Hotel
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Eldorado Royale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Amex, Venere, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.