We stayed in the casitas sectioin in November 2012. There were some excellent features to our vacation like friendly staff, helpful concierges for all guests, and some outstanding restaurant greeters and waiters. The bar staff were also excellent in the casitas section but less friendly in the busy bars.
The room was serviced in an immaculate manner by our male member of staff but noticably less thorough by one of the female maids when he was off ill for 2 days.
There was plenty of choice for restaurants and those staying in Casitas could make reservations for the whole duration of their holiday through their concierge. Tips had been included in our holiday rate but a few dollars tip was appreciated.
As we found on a previous trip there is no need to take Mexican currency as US $ is accepted everywhere.
There were small downsides. The 670 reooms equals a very big resort and we found a previous trip staying at El Dorado Seaside Suites more to our taste, but getting about is no problem as golf carts are continually cruising the property. The other downsides were that our swim-up river was not heated for the first week ( Maximising profit is obviously important) and the noisy American wedding groups did seem to disturb some guests.. We were not adjacent to them so we only had a distant view! In the Casitas we had our own private patio but if you required a beach position bed it seemed that you had to dash out before breakfast to "Bag a bed". We used to blame the German visitors in Europe but now it has become an International Disease .I am ashamed to say it was all Brits at Seaside suites but here it was Americans too.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday but try and avoid the Vacation Club sales pitch as it will rob you of 2 hours of your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico