We spent our honeymoon at the El Dorado Royale, and loved it. The resort was beautiful. We booked a swim up suite which we loved. My husband likes to sleep in and I get up early so it was a perfect place for me to go sit in the lazy river right outside our balcony and read a book in a lawn chair. Our room was recently renovated and it was very nice. Large room, with a big jacuzzi tub and separate shower. We also had a love seat and table & chairs for room service.
The resort was very large, but there were golf carts that were always cursing around and willing to pick you up if you would like. We enjoyed walking around everyday and finding new spots and pools to check out! The beach was a little rocky as we knew going into our stay but it still was very nice. My husband was able to snorkel and I was able to lay in a beach bed and watch!
The food was very good, the restaurants were very easy to get into we had no issues with waiting (however, it was August, which is slow season). We also had room service quite often. The drinks were great- make sure to try the Devil's Inside- we found the recipe and make them still at home!
The staff was wonderful and messages we got were very relaxing. The only complaint we had was since it was a slower time of year for the resort we were constantly asked if we would like to book a spa treatment. I don't mind be asked here and there but I would see the same women hour after hour and she would ask me the same question. Kind of annoying after a while.
We would go back again, or try another El Dorado. We had a great time! We also loved the Playa del Carmen area, we took the bus from the resort and had fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico