We stayed in a swim up room the hotel upgraded us to free of charge. The staff were so friendly and always willing to help they made the holiday extra special.
Although tipping wasn't mandatory , we were happy to tip due to their service with a genuine smile.
The food was excellent quality and there was a great selection to choose from both a la carte and buffet options.
The resort was spotlessly clean and they made a good effort with Christmas decorations everywhere.
Our room was right on the edge of the resort and a bit quieter than some areas but with chauffeur driven golf buggies available to drive you around if you don't want to walk after one of the lovely meals. As a bonus our room not only had the lazy river right outside but the sea was clearly visible and we saw dolphins in the sea on our first morning there. (5508)
if you want something even more luxurious (at a price) ask about the casitas area and also the presidential suites , but our room in the "standard" area was still lovely with 24hr room service , and free mini bar restocked daily.
If I had to have one criticism , although the included house wines were "okay"
The bottles of wine were expensive (around £38 for the cheaper bottles of white) but with premium spirits and beer included this really wasn't a big deal , and their sparking white (Dubois) was quite nice and included in the all inclusive (a glass at a time).
I could go on for hours about all the good bits , but if you want to do a few extras the romantic meal for 2 on the beach was superb and the sky massage was worth every penny, and the jet skis were also really fun and didn't disturb people chilling on the beach or by the pool.
If only all resorts were as good as this one !
Thank you to all the staff at el dorado royale for making a great holiday an amazing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Amex, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel and BookIt.com so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale
- El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort By Karisma Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya, Mexico